Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F/S '99 3.0MV6 manual saloon ; Blydenstein heads ; Jetex exhaust, etc.  (Read 2911 times)

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile

This is a tough one, I'm very reluctantly putting my mini-facelift 1999 3.0L MV6 manual saloon up for sale.

I had to put it off the road over the winter (due to head gasket failure) and because I still needed transport, I bought an M5 - well, what else do you replace an MV6 with?  So the Omega now has to go.

I bought this car 5 years ago in very poor mechanical condition but (importantly to me) the bodywork was solid, and since I had a 3.0L V6 Elite with exactly the opposite problem, I had all parts I would need to make it good.  This took longer than expected, although the car was roadworthy within 6 months, I only finished the full transformation in June 2013.

Anyway, enough of the sob story...

1999 3.0L MV6 manual saloon, Polar Sea Blue pearlescent, MOT 15th Jun 2016, 173,667 miles (engine & g.box only done 94k)

Engine & Gearbox:
   Replaced in 2013 at 168,600 miles with engine & manual gearbox from my 3.0L V6 Elite which had just over 89k on the clock
   Cam belt, rear crank seal, crank sensor, MAF, thermostat, water pump, oil pressure switch, coolant temperature sensor, breather box, all replaced with genuine GM parts during engine change
   New radiator
   Head gaskets just changed, new cam seals, valve stem seals, etc.
   Heads ported by Bill Blydenstein in 1999
   One piece 12kg flywheel
   3.2 exhaust manifolds, heads matched to manifolds
   EGR, SAI and air-con all removed entirely, EGR cheater fitted to stop EML coming on
   Jetex full stainless steel cat-back system
   Red Dot Racing ECU chip with 7,200rpm rev limit
   Short-shift gear lever
   Estimated power 240-250bhp, pulls in enough air to put the MAF above it's working range (although MAF input not used in WOT maps so this does not cause a problem)

Suspension, Steering & Brakes
   Bilstein shocks & Eibach -35mm springs (lower than MV6 spec)
   Powerflex front ARB bushes, poly rear cross-member donuts
   Steering arms, drop links, front wishbones, rear track arms all replaced with GM parts late 2010 at 155k
   Hunter 4 wheel aligned
   Red Dot Racing front disks and pads
   Rear brakes converted to vented disks Oct 2014 (new Mintex disks & GM pads & TRW handbrake shoes)

Exterior:
   Irmscher front bumper (and standard Irmscher boot lip spoiler)
   De-chromed and de-badged, Opel badges front and rear are the only markings
   Sale will include a full set of painted facelift side trims (I didn't get round to fitting these)
   Pre-facelift MV6 17" wheels with very good tyres

Interior:
   Light grey Elite leather interior, all 4 seats heated and working, full electric adjustment on front seats
   MV6 carbon effect console, gear surround and door card trims
   Rear electric sun blind
   Bose sound system

Have done so much to this car that I have probably left lots out.

Price £1,500 (will be going in AutoTrader in a few weeks at a higher price)

If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile

Mr SMD requested a photo of the tailpipes...

(the bootlid handle now has an Opel badge on it, just hadn't got to it before these pics were taken)

If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.