Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG in our omega  (Read 4155 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: LPG in our omega
« Reply #15 on: 03 February 2019, 22:27:56 »

I can't be arsed to work out how many miles but i've had this Stag kit on 2 different Omega V6's (3ltr / 3.2ltr) for a good 7 or 8 years.
No real problems to talk about either  :y
As for LPG availability, we have a Morrisons just down the road.
IF they every get rid of the LPG, i'll probably end up getting rid of the car  :'(

Must admit, I do think about what i'd replace it with ..............  :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 February 2019, 23:48:56 »

I had the same dilemma . LPG outlets disappeared around here, so I got rid om my LPG 2.5 and opted for an old WVO burner for day to day stuff (approx.65% of mileage, and got my 3.2 Elite on petrol for the other 35%. Works out very cheap, even with the extra ved, mot, insurance etc. involved in having two cars.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

mandula

• Finland
    • Opel Omega -03, Z22XE man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 February 2019, 05:53:28 »

Having an estate makes it easier as you can put the tank in the spare wheel well  ;)

How large (or small) tank would fit in bolt-on -style?

There's plenty to choose from: https://www.lpgshop.co.uk/lpg-tank-toroidal-internal-30-degree/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 February 2019, 08:33:05 »

Having an estate makes it easier as you can put the tank in the spare wheel well  ;)

How large (or small) tank would fit in bolt-on -style?

There's plenty to choose from: https://www.lpgshop.co.uk/lpg-tank-toroidal-internal-30-degree/
https://www.lpgshop.co.uk/720-250-82l-4-hole-toroidal-tank-gzwm/

Is typically what goes in the UK estates... Boot floor needs raising slightly as the effect is approximately twice that of a full size spare wheel ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 February 2019, 17:40:45 »

I did around 70k I think on LPG, not V6, but 2.2 inline 4. Never had any issues  :y
Apart from it always switching back to petrol when driven hard. Which is the only way to drive a 2.2 Omega

But I personally would not go LPG again, not enough stations do it, quite a few are puling pumps out and the price difference is rubbish now, so really reduces the benefit.
Many supermarkets in the smoke sell LPG, and supermarkets are usually around 55p.  I'd be surprised if there wasn't one without a significant detour for you....

…now if you lived Aylesbury up to here, that's a different story, as there is a massive void.

If I lived/worked near a supermarket selling LPG, the Jag would be gone in an instant, and a good 3l Omega would be sort....
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 February 2019, 20:27:42 »

I did around 70k I think on LPG, not V6, but 2.2 inline 4. Never had any issues  :y
Apart from it always switching back to petrol when driven hard. Which is the only way to drive a 2.2 Omega

But I personally would not go LPG again, not enough stations do it, quite a few are puling pumps out and the price difference is rubbish now, so really reduces the benefit.
Many supermarkets in the smoke sell LPG, and supermarkets are usually around 55p.  I'd be surprised if there wasn't one without a significant detour for you....

…now if you lived Aylesbury up to here, that's a different story, as there is a massive void.

If I lived/worked near a supermarket selling LPG, the Jag would be gone in an instant, and a good 3l Omega would be sort....

Nope, nothing close. Bare in mind even a 1 mile detour in London could add 30 mins easily to the commute.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 February 2019, 20:51:53 »

Nope, nothing close. Bare in mind even a 1 mile detour in London could add 30 mins easily to the commute.
I filled up down your way the other day Mark on the way back from Epsom, Sainsburys Cobham just off the M25 at 56p, I least I think thats down your way.  :-X

I should count myself lucky really, spoilt for choice around here, well on the way into London via M11 / East London anyway, 2 Morris,a Sainsburys and a Colar Gas being the cheapest at 55 to 58p, theres a couple of Shells that need to compete at around 61/63p if need be. another one I use on the North M25 is London Colney, Sainsburys at 54p  :y
« Last Edit: 04 February 2019, 20:55:10 by zirk »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 February 2019, 21:19:34 »

Chobham services is a 34 mile detour  ;D

Given that way of the M25 is basically gridlock everyday, it’s no way near practical.

Ones on my route are Texaco on A4 at 65p and BP at Hatton Cross, 68 today. Luckily I don’t need LPG now, I can live with 22mpg.   :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 February 2019, 22:50:09 »

Chobham services is a 34 mile detour  ;D

Given that way of the M25 is basically gridlock everyday, it’s no way near practical.

Ones on my route are Texaco on A4 at 65p and BP at Hatton Cross, 68 today. Luckily I don’t need LPG now, I can live with 22mpg.   :)
Rubbish Piffle... you can cut across to Ripley/Wisley then shoot up the A3 to Tolworth, skirt round Kingston and straight to Heathrow. Probably find it quicker than the M3 as well.

Especially as the place Zirk suggested is a whole thirty seconds from J10, and nowhere near Cobham services... ;D ;D ;D

You drive past Chobham on the M3 :-X
« Last Edit: 04 February 2019, 22:52:29 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.