Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The next nationwide OOF meet?  (Read 7817 times)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
Re: The next nationwide OOF meet?
« Reply #15 on: 01 July 2007, 02:25:28 »

The sign outside says £5.00 the one in the bar says £4.95  mmmmmm

So £0.05 makes all the difference then ;D ;D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 July 2007, 10:49:38 »

From st Austell should be about 2 hours tops......... and thats following a tractor!! ::) ;D
Oi! My tractor has found a new turn of speed  >:(
Grumpy old man

supermop

• Hoddesdon
  • User account problem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 July 2007, 16:03:30 »

Sounds like fun. I'm up for it etc.

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 July 2007, 16:36:05 »

Oi! My tractor has found a new turn of speed  >:([/quote]

down hill with a following force 10 gale? :-X

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 July 2007, 18:28:53 »

Looks a really good place. Have cast my vote. Lovely part of the country and only 6 hours from St Austell.

Bloody caravans  >:( >:(

6 hours from St Austell??!! :-? is that by pedal bike? :o

From st Austell should be about 2 hours tops......... and thats following a tractor!! ::) ;D

Well, it's 102 miles from St Austell to Woolacombe, we will be towing the caravan and as TheBoy will tell you, caravans don't go faster than 20 mph. So, allowing for a stop for a cuppa in a layby full of chippings and one more to adjust the curtains and the nodding dog and those really cool sticky out mirrors I think six hours is on the tight side.

In fact, I think we had better leave the day before just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, out of preference, we would prefer to Devon to Wales. When I say we, I haven't told the wife yet. In fact I haven't told her about my online affair yet with OOF :-[
« Last Edit: 01 July 2007, 18:29:53 by martin_saint »
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #20 on: 02 July 2007, 11:20:13 »

I`d have to pass on that as we have a particularly busy summer - it would need to be "later" for me....its a good 4 hour drive also from Glasgow... ;)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

nemesis_v6

• tiverton devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 July 2007, 02:52:50 »

i.ve cast my vote looking forward to meeting some of you peeps bob the 3 day idea is exealent never thought of that

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #22 on: 04 July 2007, 06:16:45 »

Oi Bob.....change the poll so you can select more than one date  :y

Tried to click on two dates....it wont let me  :(

Ok, done. Why would you want to select more than one date though? :-?

Cheers Bob  :y Coz i dont mind really but prefer either of the 2 dates in Sept

Martin_1962

« Reply #23 on: 04 July 2007, 18:06:02 »

West Cornwall to Woolacombe is a pants route took 4 hours when I last did it (NOT towing)

Stratford is about 45 minutes for me, Monmouth roughly an hour.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 July 2007, 18:13:30 »

monmouth is about hour and half, woolacombe around 4.  I think there is a real problem with the woolacombe one due to location - its about on the limit for me, others will think its just too far...
Grumpy old man

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 July 2007, 18:44:01 »

monmouth is about hour and half, woolacombe around 4.  I think there is a real problem with the woolacombe one due to location - its about on the limit for me, others will think its just too far...

Think you're right, woolacombe for anyone from south midlands up is a long way for a weekend  :-/

Martin_1962

« Reply #26 on: 04 July 2007, 19:11:44 »

Think you're right, woolacombe for anyone from south midlands up is a long way for a weekend  :-/

I won't go past Taunton towing unless Easter or longer. Too expensive and too long for a weekend.

Woolacombe for a week is nice, we like Nort Morte Farm and aslo the Red Barn was nice last time we went

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 July 2007, 20:45:02 »

Wherever it is, it is worth bearing in mind that practically all of the suggested dates are in the school summer holidays and prices and availability will be affected by this.

There are a number of members in the southwest who would find access to places like The Lake District or the southeast / East Anglia challenging. Within reason, we are happy to travel but it is the same distance north as it is south. I think north Devon is a pig to get to because you spend so long off the motorway to get anywhere. South Devon is a lot easier as it's only just over an hour from Bristol maybe 90 minutes towing a van. if that's still too far, how about somewhere like Brean or Burnham on Sea which is not bad for families and bigger sites have club houses with entertainment etc.

Sorry if I have opened things up again but there appears to be some concern over the already proposed venues.
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 July 2007, 20:50:19 »

Lovely location and probably chance of good weather but having travelled down to Torquay this year it's just too far for a weekend.  :-/
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04 July 2007, 21:08:48 »

Wherever it is, it is worth bearing in mind that practically all of the suggested dates are in the school summer holidays and prices and availability will be affected by this.

There are a number of members in the southwest who would find access to places like The Lake District or the southeast / East Anglia challenging. Within reason, we are happy to travel but it is the same distance north as it is south. I think north Devon is a pig to get to because you spend so long off the motorway to get anywhere. South Devon is a lot easier as it's only just over an hour from Bristol maybe 90 minutes towing a van. if that's still too far, how about somewhere like Brean or Burnham on Sea which is not bad for families and bigger sites have club houses with entertainment etc.

Sorry if I have opened things up again but there appears to be some concern over the already proposed venues.
My own view is that Devon is too far for a big meet - simply many would not be prepared to travel that far for a weekend. Therefore, you would not get too many people who would/could make it, even from midlands area.  Obviously, the reverse is true, hence we didn't expect too many at the England v Scotland (Lakes) from way south.  We have to use locations, I reckon, that as many people as possible can make it.

I suspect most are prepared to drive for up to 2 - 3 hrs, which is always going to make it diificult for the Cornish, Kent, East Anglian, West Wales, and North Scotland members.

Around Bristol should include all the West Country folks, Midlands Mob, Welsh, Bournemouth etc, London, etc.  Obviously Bristol isn't necessarily the most picturesque location, but the Wye Valley isn't too far unless right in the depths of Western Cornwall.

The Western Devon location is going to cover all of Cornwall, Devon, Somerset etc, but possibly not much further  :-/

What do others think?
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.