Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 CD with a bit of trouble  (Read 644 times)

2dogs

• View Profile
2.2 CD with a bit of trouble
« on: 16 June 2008, 10:50:42 »

Hello my Omega Buddies......... I love my car I think it's one of the best looking cars around and I cannot understand why Vauxhall GM pulled the plug on it???

My problem is the engine man light...I have disconnected the first lamder sensor which enables me to drive my car, if I re-connect it on a cold start it goes into limp mode and the spaner light comes on and the man light goes out.

Also the display tells me to check the oil, however the oil level is fine, but I cannot find the dip stick for the automatic gearbox am I being a dip stick......I am sure somebody on this fantastic website will have an idea. Oh!! Ive just remembered when I start from cold it sounds like I have no exhaust system on the car for about 20 seconds........then it sounds ok. Appreciate some input my friends. I'm driving around with the 1st lamder sensor disconnected and with the manag light on!
« Last Edit: 16 June 2008, 15:14:13 by 2dogs »

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 CD with a bit of trouble
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2008, 10:58:16 »

There is no dipstick :(

If you look in maint guides there is the procedure on how to do it  :y

Proz

• Omega Baron
  • Largoward , Fife , Scotland
    • Omega-less now :-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2008, 11:07:58 »

As above the gearbox is "Sealed for Life " so there is no dipstick , as for the noise when starting i belive its quite normal .. something i read on here about warming up the cat converter makes it sound like that for the first wee while .... ive had two Omegas now and they were both like that for the first minute or so .  :y
Get yourself Giff Gaff'ed here :-) ...  http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/proz

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2008, 17:11:59 »

With regards to the auto box there is no dipstick and has an internal level sensor,  The noise that you have when the engine is cold is the secondary air pump running and will shut down after a min or two. This system is designed to pump air into the cylinders to help the cats get up to temp quickly thus improveing the life of the cats. If the noise becomes unduly bad then you can simply unplug the pump which is under the bumper near the horns on the pass side. It makes very little difference to the running of the car.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

Richard A

• Aldridge, West Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2008, 18:27:11 »

STOP !!! "Proz" stated that the autogear box is a "Sealed for Life" system, wrong, fluid change at 70,000 miles/4 years on early models, 40,000miles on later models, please ensure the fluid is changed with Dexron 3 (not Dexron 2), yes it was a big GM mistake not to have a auto box dipstick or a drain plug. The Omega is still a vvvery good car.  ;) ;)
regards
richard a
richard a

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2008, 18:35:40 »

With regards to the auto box there is no dipstick and has an internal level sensor,  The noise that you have when the engine is cold is the secondary air pump running and will shut down after a min or two. This system is designed to pump air into the cylinders to help the cats get up to temp quickly thus improveing the life of the cats. If the noise becomes unduly bad then you can simply unplug the pump which is under the bumper near the horns on the pass side. It makes very little difference to the running of the car.

Sorry, but a 2.2 doesnt have one  :y

The noise could be the exhaust manifold.......do you get a ticking noise when started from cold?

what you need to do really......is reconnect the lambda sensors, clear the ecu codes, because you will have introduced some false ones......then try to start......then see which codes come back....and post them on here for suggestions as to whats the matter  :y

re the check oil level....and the level is ok.......theres a sensor in the sump.......mine plays up too.....also when the level is ok....so replacing the sensor will probably cure it.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2008, 18:49:27 by Taxi_Driver »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2008, 18:50:30 »

Where is this low oil warning? 'OIL LACK' on MID? If so, ensure that oil is above halfway to prevent this error.

No oil level sensors for autobox.
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #7 on: 16 June 2008, 18:51:33 »

Just to be clear the engine has an internal oil level sensor, the gearbox doesnt  :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2008, 18:56:28 »

Where is this low oil warning? 'OIL LACK' on MID? If so, ensure that oil is above halfway to prevent this error.

No oil level sensors for autobox.

You beat me too it TB  ;D

My 2.2 when it complains, says check 'Oil Level' on the mid, never seen 'oil lack' ........i seem to remember this being discussed before about the two different messages......i think it was decided prefacelifts that give 'oil lack', facelifts give 'oil level'  :-/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.