Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My 2.6 is going to a new home soon.  (Read 881 times)

2boxerdogs

My 2.6 is going to a new home soon.
« on: 10 July 2012, 22:21:31 »

Have recently bought a twin axle Elddis crusader storm caravan ,after looking at the mig's towing capacity I have bought a 2006 Hyundai Terracan one owner with only 25,000 miles to tow with. Happened to mention to a work colleague that i would be selling the 2.6 saloon and he almost fainted with suprise, he asked how much I wanted & agreed to buy it there & then (it is in mint condition) so all in all a good day. SWMBO is keeping the 2.2 estate (also mint) & will be giving her old Subaru Forester to her cousin.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: My 2.6 is going to a new home soon.
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2012, 11:13:13 »

Spill the beans, Tilbo. How much did the old girl (Omega ::)) fetch?

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2012, 13:42:36 »

Have recently bought a twin axle Elddis crusader storm caravan ,after looking at the mig's towing capacity I have bought a 2006 Hyundai Terracan one owner with only 25,000 miles to tow with. Happened to mention to a work colleague that i would be selling the 2.6 saloon and he almost fainted with suprise, he asked how much I wanted & agreed to buy it there & then (it is in mint condition) so all in all a good day. SWMBO is keeping the 2.2 estate (also mint) & will be giving her old Subaru Forester to her cousin.

Nice , cant wait to get hooked up to the van scene soon myself . Hope the hyundai serves you well  :y

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2012, 14:41:24 »

My father-in-law had one of these for the same reason, and I have to say I was very impressed with it.  The only niggle we did find was that the auto box didn't like getting into top gear when towing the caravan. while did get a little tedious on a long run.  Other than that, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2012, 05:12:11 »

The Terracan is a manual, got put off towing with autos a few years ago had a 2.8 Granada which blew a gearbox oil seal en route to Cornwall,caravan ended up a nice shade of pink!! Bought the Terracan from a couple in Lancs it is a 2.9 turbo diesel  drove home 133 miles used  16 litres of fuel which is 38 mpg not bad considering the size of the vehicle the guy who wanted the 2.6 has now decided a central heating boiler has to come first so I may have to keep her , not that I mind that it's just convincing the wife oh & he was going to pay £1200.00 for her.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.