Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damn roadworks!!  (Read 710 times)

2boxerdogs

Damn roadworks!!
« on: 22 September 2012, 16:44:15 »

Damn roadworks have almost brought our town to a standstill ,my wife only covers about 50 miles a week in her 2.2 estate (auto) usually about 23-27mpg  well just filled it for her 105 miles on 32 litres =15mpg  the worst ever, the roadworks are due to end on the 30th Sept . A normal 5 minute trip taking the grandkids to their swimming lessons took 25 minutes this week, & from what i can see the improvements seem tiny!!

ted_one

Re: Damn roadworks!!
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2012, 17:55:39 »

Same here,I've lived in this poxy place for eight years and the roadworks are a constant feature here,apparently it's to do with the apparent need to build 'affordable' housing starting at around £300k :-\ Also they're rebuilding the station and they've had one road in the town closed for six weeks Durr! won't make the trains run any better! Next plan is to redevelope the town centre,so more chaos is going to ensue,the road signs just say seek an alternative route,erm difficult enough for us locals,impossible for anyone else >:(

2boxerdogs

Re: Damn roadworks!!
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2012, 19:08:21 »

Yeah, know what you mean we have 2 alternative routes & the  numpties at the council decided to close 1 of those for 3 days for resurfacing, all this is in aid of, is to widen 1 small section of road which has been fine for the 25 years we have lived here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.