Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Timing belt today.  (Read 1111 times)

2boxerdogs

Timing belt today.
« on: 16 May 2015, 09:11:57 »

Got my mechanic coming round today to work on the Panda, Having the timing belt & water pump changed 08 plate with 32,000 miles belt is  every 5 years or 37,500 miles  never been done according to history supplied  with it,  so best done me thinks..

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Timing belt today.
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2015, 11:39:20 »

Got my mechanic coming round today to work on the Panda, Having the timing belt & water pump changed 08 plate with 32,000 miles belt is  every 5 years or 37,500 miles  never been done according to history supplied  with it,  so best done me thinks..

Not too many of these £££££££......I hope? ;)

At least you will have peace of mind. :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2015, 12:06:13 »

Bought the Gates kit £80.00 so not too bad & £60.00 labour, like you say peace of mind when it's done.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2015, 12:09:00 »

Bought the Gates kit £80.00 so not too bad & £60.00 labour, like you say peace of mind when it's done.

£140 is easier on the pocket than an Omega belt change.

Vauxhall have quoted £344 without a WP change. :-\

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2015, 17:37:44 »

All done now, about 3 hours in total , apparently the engine is virtually identical to the Fiesta 1.2 observed the job being done never realised what is involved, not something I would attempt to do !! He also had a good check over the car & reckons it was a superb buy at least £1500 pounds more if we had bought from a dealer , so swmbo has come up trumps with her new runaround.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2015, 17:43:07 »

All done now, about 3 hours in total , apparently the engine is virtually identical to the Fiesta 1.2 observed the job being done never realised what is involved, not something I would attempt to do !! He also had a good check over the car & reckons it was a superb buy at least £1500 pounds more if we had bought from a dealer , so swmbo has come up trumps with her new runaround.

They do take the piss at times. :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2015, 09:20:41 »

They do take the piss at times. :y.  Yes they certainly do, just lucky with the Fiat belonged to a colleagues father who can no longer drive, serviced & mot carried out every March since new , 2 stone chips on the bonnet are the only marks on it, interior is as new 50% cheaper to tax & insure than her old 2.2 estate. So well pleased, looks good in black as well.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2015, 18:18:23 »

Isn't this engine a safe one? Thus cambelt blows, no problem (other than getting towed home or to a garage and having to get a new kit?)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

2boxerdogs

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2015, 22:16:23 »

Isn't this engine a safe one? Thus cambelt blows, no problem (other than getting towed home or to a garage and having to get a new kit?)
.    Yes it is a non interference type , so should not cause any damage, but I like to keep my cars up to scratch where servicing is concerned , the belt he took off looked fine, but the water pump was showing signs of wear.

The Sheriff

« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2015, 22:18:49 »

Didn't know there were any non- interference engines nowadays.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 18 queries.