Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First service & health check.( In my ownership )  (Read 959 times)

2boxerdogs

First service & health check.( In my ownership )
« on: 15 September 2016, 13:09:27 »

Booked the E 430 into my local dealership for an oil change & health check , they allowed me to supply my own oil (Mobil 1) waited on site while work was carried out , reasonable cost & comprehensive report on the vehicle only thing the report showed was the front anti roll bar bushes showed minor deterioration would not constitute an advisory on the MOT but due to the vehicles outstanding condition the owner may want to attend to this. I spoke with the technician who worked on the car , who informed me that he had gone over all the points where these normally rust but there is nil signs of corrosion anywhere , his words a really outstanding vehicle. So a good end to a few days off.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: First service & health check.( In my ownership )
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2016, 13:20:55 »

You seem to have experienced very few problems with this low mileage car. :y

I can't see that depreciation will enter the equation later on. It may even rise in value as they become more scarce.

What was your opinion of Mercedes dealers? I can't say I was impressed.

After speaking with one or two Jaguar dealers I'm minded to let Phil Mitchell do the next service with 'Ricky' as the chief spanner man. :-\

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2016, 15:17:06 »

I remember the pics of this car, really is an outstanding vehicle, and I'm sure they really like seeing models like this appearing in their dealerships, must be  real treat - as well as a good advert for the Brand. It's not unheard of for people such as yourself to be used in Merc promotional material. Seeing a mint vehicle taken out of Merc's own Museum isn't really so impressive, but a car that's still in use every day, and in such tip-tip condition is. Worth offering your services - also magazines such as Classic and Sports Car etc... ?  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2016, 15:30:05 »

When I had my old rust bucket C250TD I always took great pleasure in parking it out the front of the dealers among all the shiny new and nearly new models and walking round the back to the Parts Dept.!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2016, 15:41:29 »

I remember the pics of this car, really is an outstanding vehicle, and I'm sure they really like seeing models like this appearing in their dealerships, must be  real treat - as well as a good advert for the Brand. It's not unheard of for people such as yourself to be used in Merc promotional material. Seeing a mint vehicle taken out of Merc's own Museum isn't really so impressive, but a car that's still in use every day, and in such tip-tip condition is. Worth offering your services - also magazines such as Classic and Sports Car etc... ?  :)

Car has appeared in Mercedes Enthusiast a few months back , after they did a buying guide for the W210 they sang the praises of the E55 AMG but not a mention of the E430 wrote in with pics & it was published they described it as a " Very rare beast" barely 1 second behind the 0-60 time of the E55.
« Last Edit: 15 September 2016, 15:56:52 by Tilbo »

2boxerdogs

« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2016, 15:48:56 »

You seem to have experienced very few problems with this low mileage car. :y

I can't see that depreciation will enter the equation later on. It may even rise in value as they become more scarce.

What was your opinion of Mercedes dealers? I can't say I was impressed.

After speaking with one or two Jaguar dealers I'm minded to let Phil Mitchell do the next service with 'Ricky' as the chief spanner man. :-\

The dealer was absolutely excellent , I am fortunate to have a neighbour who has dealt with them for years currently running an SL 500 he gave me a name to contact & they went out of their way to look after me & the car , it attracted a lot of attention whilst there . And of course I've got that all important MB stamp in the book.😎
« Last Edit: 15 September 2016, 15:52:59 by Tilbo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.