Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2000 (Facelift) Oemga CDX 2.5 V6 Auto For Sale  (Read 7814 times)

NaughtyNigel

• Sedgefield, Co Durham
  • Naughty Nigel
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 (Facelift) Oemga CDX 2.5 V6 Auto For Sale
« Reply #30 on: 21 October 2009, 18:16:24 »

There was me hoping James would keep me updated on what was happening to the old girl over the next 100,000 miles.  :)

Must admit I have never considered gas myself, although it does have some obvious advantages.

I am getting around 42 MPG on a good run from my new Diseasel Jag, so gas wouldn't provide quite the same benefits. I have often thought the Jag engine and gearbox (around 260 BHP) would suit the Omega well, although I think the brakes would get a bit hot.  ;D

NN
Why drive fast when you can drive fast in style? :)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 October 2009, 18:42:30 »

There was me hoping James would keep me updated on what was happening to the old girl over the next 100,000 miles.  :)

NN, there are no plans to move her on... :)

I'm after something a bit nice for me to drive - along with a dirty old estate for running my dogs about  :y

NaughtyNigel

• Sedgefield, Co Durham
  • Naughty Nigel
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 (Facelift) Omega CDX 2.5 V6 Auto For Sale
« Reply #32 on: 24 October 2009, 20:08:22 »

Well the old girl has finally gone.  :'(

I met James at Darlington railway station this afternoon, and took him home to check over the car.

He seemed very pleased with it, and after a cuppa he left to make his way back to south Wales in pouring rain and high winds. Safe journey James.  :)

(Checking over the doccuments last night I noticed that the Omega was first registrered on 25 October 1999, so it will be ten years old tomorrow.)

We then went to pick up our new 1.6 Astra Elite. The Astra is a nice car, and (so far) very comfortable, but nothing like the Omega. We have been spoilt I think!

My wife elected to drive my new Jag there and back, (her excuse being that she is used to an automatic), so I had better keep my keys in a safe place.  :y

NN
« Last Edit: 24 October 2009, 20:12:30 by Nigel_Clegg »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 October 2009, 21:33:18 »

I met James at Darlington railway station this afternoon, and took him home to check over the car.

He seemed very pleased with it, and after a cuppa he left to make his way back to south Wales in pouring rain and high winds. Safe journey James.  :)

(Checking over the doccuments last night I noticed that the Omega was first registrered on 25 October 1999, so it will be ten years old tomorrow.)

We then went to pick up our new 1.6 Astra Elite. The Astra is a nice car, and (so far) very comfortable, but nothing like the Omega. We have been spoilt I think!

My wife elected to drive my new Jag there and back, (her excuse being that she is used to an automatic), so I had better keep my keys in a safe place.  :y

NN

Astra is nice, but its the size. Nothing squashes the bumps like a nice 2 ton car  ;D

New Jag? Do Tell! XJ? I maybe 25 but i do like big Jags  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 24 October 2009, 22:43:20 »

Astra is nice, but its the size. Nothing squashes the bumps like a nice 2 ton car  ;D ........

SWMBO's courtesy car VW Passat has just gone back today. I reckon it can't be far off the size of an Omega, not sure about the weight  :-/, but considering it was a 57 plate against my T reg 99 car, even SWMBO ( who knows nor wants to know anything about cars) said that the ride in it was poor compared to my 158K miles Omega!  :y  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24 October 2009, 22:55:53 »

Astra is nice, but its the size. Nothing squashes the bumps like a nice 2 ton car  ;D ........

SWMBO's courtesy car VW Passat has just gone back today. I reckon it can't be far off the size of an Omega, not sure about the weight  :-/, but considering it was a 57 plate against my T reg 99 car, even SWMBO ( who knows nor wants to know anything about cars) said that the ride in it was poor compared to my 158K miles Omega!  :y  :y

FWD again, they have to have harder ride  :(

RWD is always going to be more balanced, better turning circle too.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25 October 2009, 09:22:38 »

RWD is  ..... better turning circle too.

I borrowed a Rover 827 once, you needed a football field to turn the thing round in.  :-?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25 October 2009, 10:52:16 »

I borrowed a Rover 827 once, you needed a football field to turn the thing round in.  :-?

Errr, Sigh.... i really dont care what you have driven, its just basics.

FWD cards have to drive and steer the front wheels, RWD just steer, so they have more space. (unless they are serious performance cars with huge wheels)

An Omega can turn tighter than a Ford Fiesta (well couple shapes back anyway)
« Last Edit: 25 October 2009, 13:46:00 by tunnie »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25 October 2009, 12:18:31 »

Meoww ;D :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25 October 2009, 14:19:51 »

FWD cards have to drive and steer the front wheels, RWD just steer, so they have more space. (unless they are serious performance cars with huge wheels)

You want to try a Westfield! Still, there are driving "techniques" to improve turning circle, especially if you have a LSD.  :-X

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25 October 2009, 14:22:58 »

You want to try a Westfield! Still, there are driving "techniques" to improve turning circle, especially if you have a LSD.  :-X

Kevin

I could turn a 24v Senator on the spot  ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25 October 2009, 15:03:10 »

Are you just trying to prove what a spotty pretentious, know it all tw4t you are!  >:(  >:( I was agreeing with you, just using another FWD car as an example. I do know all about the difference in turning circle etc etc between the 2. Up untill buying this shed of an Astra I'd never owned a FWD car and have a licence longer than you've had a birth certificate.
 :-X  :-X

NaughtyNigel

• Sedgefield, Co Durham
  • Naughty Nigel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25 October 2009, 21:04:51 »

NN

Astra is nice, but its the size. Nothing squashes the bumps like a nice 2 ton car  ;D

New Jag? Do Tell! XJ? I maybe 25 but i do like big Jags  :)

Hi Tunnie,
No, not an XJ but a two year old S-Type SE 2.7 Twin Turbo V6 Diesel with just 22,000 miles on the clock.  :)

I was looking for something like the Omega, and didn't like much of what I saw. I had tried a couple of X-Types, but was persuaded to try an S-Type by a salesman at Stratstones. I should have known better but I have not been dissapointed.

After some searching I was lucky to find one with built in SatNav, xenons, heated seats, 18" wheels, full leather interior in Barley and some other goodies.

Handling is firmer and more preicise than the Omega, and braking from the 14" disks is phenomenal. The engine is remarkably smooth and powerful, and yet gives 40 + MPG on a run. The only downside so far is that the boot is a bit small (I'm sure Jagar Owners are supposed to send luggage ahead), and the massive Pirellis cost upwards of £225 each.

However, my wife has taken a liking to driving it, so I have to get up early in the morning otherwise I am left with the Astra for the day!  :)

Anyhow, I hope you like the pictures.

NN

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 26 October 2009, 07:40:46 »

very nice, i'd love that engine in the XJ. Still tad out of my price range though  :(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 26 October 2009, 09:37:03 »

The only downside so far is that the boot is a bit small (I'm sure Jagar Owners are supposed to send luggage ahead) .....

Clarkson said that of a Jag he drove (can't remember now which) his answer if you want more space .......

buy a field!  ;D

ps Nice house  ::)  ::) :y  :y
« Last Edit: 26 October 2009, 09:37:48 by Andy_B »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.