Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 2002(51) MV6 Auto Estate with 71K For sale  (Read 11163 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 2002(51) MV6 Auto Estate with 71K For sale
« Reply #15 on: 28 February 2010, 16:23:13 »

I guessed wrong, I thought this may of have had some interest, everyone seems to always want a 3.2 Low mileage Estate, just not mine I guess! ;D anyway off to the EBAY next week, with a fresh MOT.

If anyone here is interested, my bottom line is £2200 with a new MOT (Thursday) and a service or £2000 as it stands. Have had a very detailed mechanical inspection and I can say the car does needs a rocker cover gasket, as its weeping. Other than that, find a better one if you can :)

Also has recently had a £100 valet and mop plus new VAUXHALL Rubber Mats £50 and boot tray £25, nothing much, but it all helps.

Lazydocker, why not take a look, i'm only up the road and work even closer in Saxmundham.

PM me if interested. 

Because it doesn't tick all the boxes and I might decide I like it ::) ::) ::)

Then I'd have to buy an Elite Leather Interior and a CID ::) ::) ::)

And I might be tempted ::) ::) ::)

And I'm seriously considering keeping my saloon for another year (at least) and saving some money up to replace it with an estate of some sort :-/ :-/ :-/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 February 2010, 16:30:41 »

nice low miles, 3.2, tempted myself. I don't really need an Estate. Cracking price too  :-/
« Last Edit: 28 February 2010, 16:30:51 by tunnie »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 February 2010, 16:48:42 »

nice low miles, 3.2, tempted myself. I don't really need an Estate. Cracking price too  :-/

Do it!

Looks a cracker TBH :y :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 February 2010, 17:15:46 »

Do it!

Don't need an Estate, i find they have larger cabin noise at speed than a saloon. Plus there is nothing wrong with the car i have  :(

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 February 2010, 17:22:28 »

Just seems such a shame to put it on the bay, I want someone who loves these cars to have it. I think the price is fai and the condition great, so just a case of waiting I guess. I have a new Mercedes CLS :) Company car on the way at the end of March, so it really needs to go by then, as I dont have the room. 
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 February 2010, 17:24:32 »

Just seems such a shame to put it on the bay, I want someone who loves these cars to have it. I think the price is fai and the condition great, so just a case of waiting I guess. I have a new Mercedes CLS :) Company car on the way at the end of March, so it really needs to go by then, as I dont have the room. 

Price is spot on  :y

Do like those Mercs, very nice company car  :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 February 2010, 17:24:49 »

Do it!

Don't need an Estate, i find they have larger cabin noise at speed than a saloon. Plus there is nothing wrong with the car i have  :(

Essentially the problem I have... An estate would be handy in about a year when we're probably going to be getting a dog but until then I can lay my hands on a choice of about 3 or 4 estates with minimal notice :y :y

In a years time my saloon will be worth pocket change, with 180k or so on the clock, but I will know the maintenance will be spot on and I dare say I wouldn't think twice about jumping in it for a long journey... At this point, the dog could easily be sat on a cover on the back seats :-/ :-/ :-/

But... In a years time, will I be able to find a decent estate? :-/ :-/ :-/

Who knows... I'll wait and see what Josh turns up before deciding :y :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 February 2010, 17:37:04 »

Do it!

Essentially the problem I have... An estate would be handy in about a year when we're probably going to be getting a dog but until then I can lay my hands on a choice of about 3 or 4 estates with minimal notice :y :y

In a years time my saloon will be worth pocket change, with 180k or so on the clock, but I will know the maintenance will be spot on and I dare say I wouldn't think twice about jumping in it for a long journey... At this point, the dog could easily be sat on a cover on the back seats :-/ :-/ :-/

Same problem i have, i can afford a replacement car now. I won't be able to when i get a house....

Trouble is i don't want to sell my 2.2, its worthless (135k) but runs great, there is nothing wrong with it.

Also, i could get it, LPG it, tank in spare wheel well. At 70k miles plenty of time to recoup costs.  :-/

Sorry Monza, going a bit off topic here on your advert. Apologies    :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 February 2010, 19:04:21 »

Do it!

Same problem i have, i can afford a replacement car now. I won't be able to when i get a house....

Trouble is i don't want to sell my 2.2, its worthless (135k) but runs great, there is nothing wrong with it.

Also, i could get it, LPG it, tank in spare wheel well. At 70k miles plenty of time to recoup costs.  :-/

Sorry Monza, going a bit off topic here on your advert. Apologies    :y

And from me... On the plus side... It's keeping the advert at the top of the page ::) :y :y :y

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 February 2010, 19:56:14 »

I travelled 430 mile round trip to view the car today!,leaving home at 5.30 am,20 mins viewing and back home for 2.15 p.m.

alunonhisown

« Reply #25 on: 28 February 2010, 20:02:13 »

I travelled 430 mile round trip to view the car today!,leaving home at 5.30 am,20 mins viewing and back home for 2.15 p.m.

And your honest opinion?

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 February 2010, 20:37:19 »

Did you buy it?
And if not sold, to the OP...stick it on ebay. You will get a much greater audience, I use the classified advert with best offer function..it's only £12.99 for 28 days...you can't beat that. Found autotrader to be pretty rubbish atm, so for the time I'm sticking with ebay.

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 March 2010, 11:33:14 »

And your honest opinion?

OK,first impressions,its peeing down with rain so near impossible to check the bodywork but then didn`t feel any great need because of the pics and description,alarm bells ringing then as i catch sight of a car park ding in the front wing as i get in the car to drive it.That was just after checking the rear tyres which are only just above the wear indicators, so 2mm tread as opposed to 3-5 to 4mm described.
Drove fine,didn`t go far,bit of a scrunch from the front over some bumps and a slight shudder under braking a couple of times suggesting worn wishbones as the discs and pads are recent.Definitely not the tight roadholding feedback that i get through my steering.
Under the bonnet,bonnet catch is vague and needs a good tug. it looks untouched by human hand. 2 tablespoons of mayo in the filler cap,coolant level an inch below fill level,engine block appears porous,the rocker gaskets are oozing,made it hard to be certain where some of the oil was coming from and one of the front pulleys is chattering away(power steering at a guess) spoiling what was a nice even tickover.Aux belt looks like the original,old and ready for change,tensioner not making any noise.Dirt and debris in most crevices.
Torch underneath,got no further than the rear diff,seepage expected but this was more, meaning a pinion seal change for me to be happy,
The seller appears to have no mechanical knowledge whatsoever and explained the  local garage had changed a gasket  at sometime when he got it and that is the extent of the information.
I did not go there to pick holes in the car,i went to buy it .There was loads more to check at this stage because first impressions were poor but i just didn`t have the heart for it anymore,if i was ruthless then apart from being very shiny the car was in part ex condition and worth accordingly,£1400.I didnt offer for the car because i went to hands on to my new £2k plus motor not to buy work.it is taxed and should have an mot and service thursday(oil change).Then it wants spending on.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2010, 11:41:23 by guncharmer »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 March 2010, 12:10:12 »

What makes you say the block was showing signs of being porous?

Never personally experienced that on a V6.

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 March 2010, 13:52:05 »

Just a turn of phrase due to the oil present on the outside of it. I would rather see a mucky old engine bay anyday though rather than the powerwashed shiny versions the dealers produce which is usually done to hide oil/fluid seepage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.