Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No CCR2006 display  (Read 1932 times)

kwhite@fsmail.net

• York
    • 2002 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
No CCR2006 display
« on: 24 January 2017, 17:10:17 »

Hello, 

I have changed my CCR2006 for another (2nd hand) unit due to a stuck CD cartridge.  When installed the middle line on the display (MIT?) went blank.  Initially the same happened when I re-inserted the old unit but after reading previous topics I removed then replaced fuse 12 and sure enough "Safe" appeared in the display. 

I therefore put the new unit back in and tried the same but no joy.  Whatever I try the middle line remains blank.  I am happy the display is OK as it shows the date when the radio is switched off - it goes blank once switched on.  I have checked the pins in the back of the unit and they appear fine.  The unit itself lights up so I know it is getting power. 

I see from previous topics that others have had the same problem but I can't seem to find a cure among the responses.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation.
Kev

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: No CCR2006 display
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2017, 17:30:52 »

Prob set for wrong display type.  Is it 2 and 4 when turning on to toggle between the 3 modes?
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2017, 11:23:20 »

It should still light up the middle section and request a code, irrespective of teh display settings, and if it goes blank after code entered, or code remains visible, then the display needs to be configured for either 8 or 10 digit type - Usually done by holding a couple of buttons as you switch on - 2 & 4 or 3 & 5 are the favorites - if you get nothing at all on the middle section, then I suspect you may have another fault that needs investigating

Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

kwhite@fsmail.net

• York
    • 2002 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2017, 11:04:24 »

Apologies for my tardiness (wasn't getting notifications).

Appears this is a loose connection.  The display line has come back but sometimes disappears again.

I give the unit a bit of a shove and it seems to re-connect.

I'll live with it.  :(

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2017, 21:48:15 »

Hello, 

I have changed my CCR2006 for another (2nd hand) unit due to a stuck CD cartridge.  When installed the middle line on the display (MIT?) went blank.  Initially the same happened when I re-inserted the old unit but after reading previous topics I removed then replaced fuse 12 and sure enough "Safe" appeared in the display. 

I therefore put the new unit back in and tried the same but no joy.  Whatever I try the middle line remains blank.  I am happy the display is OK as it shows the date when the radio is switched off - it goes blank once switched on.  I have checked the pins in the back of the unit and they appear fine.  The unit itself lights up so I know it is getting power. 

I see from previous topics that others have had the same problem but I can't seem to find a cure among the responses.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation.
Kev
are both units in safe mode now . I live in Clifton  & I have a ccr 2006 with the code that I am willing to let you try. without knowing my immediate guess its done what mine once did because I tried the wrong code too many times.

kwhite@fsmail.net

• York
    • 2002 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 February 2017, 14:16:39 »

Kind off you to offer but what I did was to take the new CD player out of the unit I bought, placed it into my old head unit and then re-installed it.  Still have the occasional problem where the middle line of the display is blank but a firm shove usually does the trick.

Now have a dismantled CD unit (so I could rescue the old magazine and CDs) and an otherwise possibly good head unit spare.

At least I got there in the end but I strongly suspect it is just the connections that the unit slides into not being 100%. 

Ho hum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.