Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: whats the difference between an elite and a cdx  (Read 4749 times)

Iainv6

• Kinross
    • View Profile
Re: whats the difference between an elite and a cdx
« Reply #30 on: 30 April 2008, 01:39:38 »

no a 2.5 on a 00 plate

I suppose it depends where it is sold, if on the Bay then maybe 1000-1400 or so.

FRE07962128

« Reply #31 on: 30 April 2008, 06:26:17 »

Im going to buy another omega and i would like to know what the main differences between an elite and a cdx are. The model i currently own is a 94 elite but im thinking of going for a 2000 2.5v6 cdx

Whilst agreeing with a lot of the previous comment I must say that the 2.5 V6 CDX I bought recently I find an absolute pleasure to drive, and BETTER than the 1996 3.0 Elite I used to own, but there again it was of course pre-facelift.  The CDX does lack the memory seats; heated seats in the rear; the self dipping mirror; the satnav and integral phone, but frankly I am NOT missing these at all as it has everything else you really require.

Nor am I missing the 30 bhp differrence in power strangly  as when I require the power the 2.5 still pushes a considerable punch. I do love speed, in the right place, and have taken the Elite up to and held 150 on a number of (clear motorway!!) ocassions, but how often do you really need to do that?  Overtaking in the 2.5 is superb, with again the power there in spades.  With petrol increasing rapidly and the road tax threat now firmly there, these factors I also considered when buying the year 2000 CDX.

So in conclusion although, yes undeniably, the Elite is certainly a great car, and if one suitable had been available I could well have been tempted to buy it, I am nowhere near feeling disappointed with the CDX! :y :y  So if you have a good example in your sights as I did go for it, at the right price of course! :y :y

On the question of price I found my immaculate example, 104k on the clock, but full dealer service history, new brakes, exhaust, tyres, cam belt, year's MOT, six month warranty, at a dealers for £2,495.  This I negotiated  down to £2000, but probably still paid too much in today's trading climate.  However at this price I did get everything intact and immaculate, the all important fdsh, with the new forementioned 'bits'.  If you hunt around there must be others at very good prices in this buyers market! :y :y

« Last Edit: 30 April 2008, 06:38:22 by FRE07962128 »

Humpy

• Intermediate Member
  • Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 April 2008, 12:19:07 »

Can't you get a 2.5 Elite? At least in the facelifted versions? Might be one to look out for.

Humpy

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #33 on: 30 April 2008, 15:45:24 »

dont forget, if you like the look of it, the mini-facelift elite has an awful lot more on it than the pre-facelift elite. it isn't necessarily as cut and dry as pre and post facelift with these cars!

:y
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

Andyb

• Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 April 2008, 15:58:21 »

my car is a facelift estate a
2.5 manual elite with all the toys  inc phone and i love it
worth the extra cash over a cdx anyday

dene wakefield lad

• Intermediate Member
  • wakefield yorkshire
  • my 1st love
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 April 2008, 16:07:08 »

my cdx has leather/heated :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 April 2008, 16:10:55 »

Im going to buy another omega and i would like to know what the main differences between an elite and a cdx are. The model i currently own is a 94 elite but im thinking of going for a 2000 2.5v6 cdx

Whilst agreeing with a lot of the previous comment I must say that the 2.5 V6 CDX I bought recently I find an absolute pleasure to drive, and BETTER than the 1996 3.0 Elite I used to own, but there again it was of course pre-facelift.  The CDX does lack the memory seats; heated seats in the rear; the self dipping mirror; the satnav and integral phone, but frankly I am NOT missing these at all as it has everything else you really require.

Nor am I missing the 30 bhp differrence in power strangly  as when I require the power the 2.5 still pushes a considerable punch. I do love speed, in the right place, and have taken the Elite up to and held 150 on a number of (clear motorway!!) ocassions, but how often do you really need to do that?  Overtaking in the 2.5 is superb, with again the power there in spades.  With petrol increasing rapidly and the road tax threat now firmly there, these factors I also considered when buying the year 2000 CDX.

So in conclusion although, yes undeniably, the Elite is certainly a great car, and if one suitable had been available I could well have been tempted to buy it, I am nowhere near feeling disappointed with the CDX! :y :y  So if you have a good example in your sights as I did go for it, at the right price of course! :y :y

On the question of price I found my immaculate example, 104k on the clock, but full dealer service history, new brakes, exhaust, tyres, cam belt, year's MOT, six month warranty, at a dealers for £2,495.  This I negotiated  down to £2000, but probably still paid too much in today's trading climate.  However at this price I did get everything intact and immaculate, the all important fdsh, with the new forementioned 'bits'.  If you hunt around there must be others at very good prices in this buyers market! :y :y

He is in NI, price of Omegas where is almost 5 times what is here.

We can't really give an accurate price for cars in Northern Ireland, i remember posts of people buying very old shape ones for lot more than we do!

albitz

« Reply #37 on: 30 April 2008, 16:14:49 »

i find n.i. prices very similar to here on the mainland.i think the republic of ireland is a different story though.

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 April 2008, 17:22:59 »

My MV6 has

Self leveling sus and all the toys off the elite except rear blind

EX BT Senior Managers car even hass all the options except Rear blind

And its a Manual 3.0 i am told these are very rare???

i did also retrofit bose into it as it originally had a CCR600
« Last Edit: 30 April 2008, 17:23:48 by tmx »

FRE07962128

« Reply #39 on: 30 April 2008, 17:37:55 »

He is in NI, price of Omegas where is almost 5 times what is here.

We can't really give an accurate price for cars in Northern Ireland, i remember posts of people buying very old shape ones for lot more than we do!

If that is the case it is worth travelling over to the UK and buying an Omega here then!
 ;) ;)

meaney

• newry. Northern Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 April 2008, 18:07:28 »

thats the plan,i cant find any good ones over here

MV6Man

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 April 2008, 19:23:58 »

Hmm. This is interesting topic as we don´t have that elite here in Finland.

I think MV6 could be bought here with all elite toys as option...
I have an -98 MV6 and it has xenons, navi,climate control, electric seats (no leather and no memory), that electric sun blind at back window, cruise, heated seats, and probably something that i don´t remember.
And yes, it´s with manual gearbox...
« Last Edit: 30 April 2008, 19:45:10 by MV6Man »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30 April 2008, 19:27:27 »

Hmm. This is interesting topic as we don´t have that elite here in Finland.

I think MV6 could be bought here with all elite toys as option...
I have an -98 MV6 and it has xenons, navi,climate control, electric seats (no leather and no memory), that electric sun blind at back window, and something that i don´t remember.
i seem to recall the Opel MV6 is near Vauxhall Elite spec...
Grumpy old man

FRE07962128

« Reply #43 on: 30 April 2008, 23:12:22 »

thats the plan,i cant find any good ones over here

Yes, by the sounds of it that is your best option whether or not you buy a CDX or Elite :y
« Last Edit: 30 April 2008, 23:13:23 by FRE07962128 »

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 30 April 2008, 23:17:34 »

My MV6 has

Self leveling sus and all the toys off the elite except rear blind

EX BT Senior Managers car even hass all the options except Rear blind

And its a Manual 3.0 i am told these are very rare???

i did also retrofit bose into it as it originally had a CCR600

I'm a little confused here; I thought that MV6 cars had stiffer and slightly lower springs, but this one has self-levelling too.

I was told, in overtly strong and no uncertain terms, not to try putting MV6 springs onto my self levelling Elite. :-/

« Last Edit: 30 April 2008, 23:20:06 by Albatross »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.