Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't forget to listen to your radio tomorrow  (Read 7941 times)

STEMO

Re: Don't forget to listen to your radio tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: 14 March 2018, 11:50:27 »

What I don't get is how it was administered.As the police officer was affected and people have been told to wash clothing,wipe down mobile phones etc I'd assume it was some form of gas/spray?If that's the case why was the perpetrator not affected?After all someone walking up to you wearing a gas mask/hazmat suit might slightly give the game away.

There are agents in this family of weapons which consist of two individually inert elements.  It is only once combined that they form the nerve agent itself and not necessarily quickly either.  It could take minutes for the reaction to fully take place allowing the administer to both get a safe distance away before it affected them and do so without raising suspicion.
Yeah, we know, it said so on the news last night.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 March 2018, 12:04:19 »

What I don't get is how it was administered.As the police officer was affected and people have been told to wash clothing,wipe down mobile phones etc I'd assume it was some form of gas/spray?If that's the case why was the perpetrator not affected?After all someone walking up to you wearing a gas mask/hazmat suit might slightly give the game away.

There are agents in this family of weapons which consist of two individually inert elements.  It is only once combined that they form the nerve agent itself and not necessarily quickly either.  It could take minutes for the reaction to fully take place allowing the administer to both get a safe distance away before it affected them and do so without raising suspicion.

Where can I get some? Purely for academic research, of course.....

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 14 March 2018, 12:09:09 »

Where can I get some? Purely for academic research, of course.....

Ron.
Moscow.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 March 2018, 13:00:19 »

Sailsbury

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 March 2018, 17:11:03 »

A theory,,,, could an old russian state let's say Ukraine, get these two chemicals, send somebody to administer them, then the Russians get the blame.

Over to rods2.
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 March 2018, 17:15:29 »

Doesnt really matter. The Ruskies were given the opportunity to put some theory like that forward as a possible explanation.
They weren't even worried enough to bother making any kind of response, so the UK Govt. has no choice but to do something. Even if its something that isn't going to cause fear and trembling in the Kremlin.
If the Govt. were really serious they would have announced that they were going to kick all the dirty money out of London and confiscate dodgy assets, but that would presumably cause more damage to the London economy than they are prepared to live with.
They hinted they might take some action of this sort, maybe possibly at some point. Which probably means they will do three fifths of far call.
Its a minor slap on the wrist for Putin - as was expected.
« Last Edit: 14 March 2018, 17:19:14 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 14 March 2018, 20:29:43 »

So....we're going to get our footie after all. But no dignitaries are attending, that will reall piss the Russians off.  ::)
Question: If you were an England fan, would you really consider travelling to Russia for the World Cup. You'd have to be insane, surely?  :o

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 March 2018, 20:48:45 »

So....we're going to get our footie after all. But no dignitaries are attending, that will reall piss the Russians off.  ::)
Question: If you were an England fan, would you really consider travelling to Russia for the World Cup. You'd have to be insane, surely?  :o
I thought that was a given, being football fans and all...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 15 March 2018, 00:21:42 »

Unfortunately my daughter and son in law are doing just that. SWMBO is not happy.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 15 March 2018, 09:08:38 »

I wonder why we didnt involve the Russkies with the investigation. Maybe theywould have been able togather intel onour abilities and facilities.

Anyone else know the name of theUS delegatetotheUN ( Nicky Haley?) but hasnt a cluewhat ourfellow is called?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15 March 2018, 09:50:56 »

Yes it seems that there are 'proper' channels and procedures and Boris has said that a sample will be submitted to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.  Russia has already indicated it would cooperate if Britain did this, so why the hysterics and dramatic ultimations?  ???

As usual I suspect there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and what we are getting told.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #26 on: 15 March 2018, 10:02:00 »

I knew they were up to no good when I test drove a Lada Niva Cossack in 1987, absolute crap.😀
« Last Edit: 15 March 2018, 10:03:35 by Tilbo »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 March 2018, 10:05:52 »

I agree that there is more than meets the eye.

Interesting that a large number of our soldiers will be vaccinated against Anthrax. A political statement? A necessity?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 March 2018, 10:08:26 »

I knew they were up to no good when I test drove a Lada Niva Cossack in 1987, absolute crap.😀

I towed a neighbours Lada out of a steep muddy olive grove last week. They maybe basic and cheap but not much good offroad. Maybe the basicness is what keeps them going.

aaronjb

« Reply #29 on: 15 March 2018, 10:17:12 »

I agree that there is more than meets the eye.

Interesting that a large number of our soldiers will be vaccinated against Anthrax. A political statement? A necessity?

And £48m for a new research centre at Porton Down. All very odd.

And now, Russia is going to kick British diplomats out in retaliation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.