Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark Drakeford  (Read 8312 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Drakeford
« Reply #30 on: Today at 08:29:01 »

well ..... that was money well spent on 20mph roads in Welsh Wales ..... apparently now under review

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw945l3zy91o

One of the 2? Pilot towns was the town 2 miles from me...
Feedback nearly all bad (exceptions of schools / housing estates etc)

I'd love to know what lessons were learned from the feedback.....I'd suggest none, so why pilot in the first place.
Sounds just like the LTNs in that shithole formally known as Oxford. Even the survey after the initial wide scale trial for 6 months came back as they were causing more issues than they solved, the council decided to keep them, and then extend the scheme further.

Now it seems the council can't see why all the shops are closing, and businesses are moving out, and acting like its a surprise.
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Drakeford
« Reply #31 on: Today at 09:25:29 »

There's an environmental argument against such low speeds as vehicles simply aren't designed to travel so slowly... Not to mention the fact that localised pollution is increased by virtue of traffic build up.

Lundun being a case in point as localised pollution increases in direct proportion to each drop in traffic speed/flow.

Yet, some motorways have displayed the Matrix boards to reduce the speed limit to 60mph to 'improve air quality' (supposedly)...the M1 near Sheffield being one  ???
That's just ended because......work this one out.....air quality has improved. Now, has it improved because of the speed reduction, in which case why increase it again? Or is it just magic?
Or was it because all the traffic took a different route because that one was too slow? >:D
It was 60mph instead of 70 between two junctions on the M1 at Tinsley.

Or was it because there are less of the pre Euro 4 emissions vehicles about now rather than the speed.........(including lorries)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.