Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A reminder for everyone to be familiar with our Guidelines  (Read 700 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

For those that don't know, they are posted at

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90684.0

and do occasionally change or get tweaked. The ethos of them doesn't change, and are based around fairness, and everyone having equal right to speak, and everyone prepared to abide by these guidelines being made to feel welcome.

Specifically, in the last 2 or 3 weeks, we seem to be falling over on this one:

Members being offensive to other members will not be tolerated. Offensive or abusive public threads or private messages will be looked in to and appropriate action taken by the Moderators.

Now I know some people's idea of banter may not match other's, and we certainly don't want to ban light hearted banter between people who want to take part in such conversations. However, its appears that we are degenerating beyond banter into purposely being offensive to other members. This is completely unacceptable behaviour, and will not be tolerated here at all.

Anyone who feel they cannot follow this request going forward from now are free to hit the Delete Account button.

A very pissed off TheBoy, speaking as an OOF Administrator.

PS, thread locked, as we can't be dealing with the flack. Read, re-read, absorb, consider for a while, and if you still cannot understand the content, PM me or any other member of the Admin Team.
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: A reminder for everyone to be familiar with our Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2014, 15:52:53 »

Yup.....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: A reminder for everyone to be familiar with our Guidelines
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2014, 19:23:25 »

To save individually replying to about 2 dozen PMs basically asking if I was referring to them, I'll reply here...

The intention wasn't a witch hunt of individuals, but a general reminder to everyone, as we seemed to be slipping into quite a lot of nastiness, more than just light hearted banter.

If you believe you may have been guilty, then there is a reasonable probability you were, so please carefully re-read the guidelines, and take this as a final warning.

Members who persist in this activity will get no further warnings, and the Admin Team will remove your accounts, as this simply will not be tolerated. Whether its banter or abuse will be a decision by the Admin Team, who's decision is final.

All that said, I am delighted to see that things appear to be much more friendly at the moment. Long may that continue.

TheBoy
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.