Author Topic: eu  (Read 2810 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: eu
« Reply #15 on: 23 April 2014, 00:41:26 »

The debate should really be centred on who we are governed by and how we are governed.  For me the argument is quite simple, I want to be governed by people in this country, who have been elected to do so by the people of this country.  :y

There's a lot of scaremongering going on about the business side of things and I accept that things will be different and maybe difficult for smaller firms, but I think that is a risk worth taking for this country to be the master of it's own destiny. :y  Anyway businesses will find a way round any obstacles and will continue to trade and do business with other European countries much as we have done since Roman times.  :y 

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 April 2014, 08:59:28 »

The debate should really be centred on who we are governed by and how we are governed.  For me the argument is quite simple, I want to be governed by people in this country, who have been elected to do so by the people of this country.  :y

There's a lot of scaremongering going on about the business side of things and I accept that things will be different and maybe difficult for smaller firms, but I think that is a risk worth taking for this country to be the master of it's own destiny. :y  Anyway businesses will find a way round any obstacles and will continue to trade and do business with other European countries much as we have done since Roman times.  :y

Spot on that lot  :y

My parents voted for the common market, not a federal European state.

Vote UKIP because the mainstream political parties in this country no longer represent the people of this country, they represent there own small club and the rest of the country can get to opps as far as they are concerned. 
We need a total change from what we have suffered over the last 40 years or so if only to change the political landscape
« Last Edit: 23 April 2014, 09:01:17 by tigers_gonads »

badmuver

« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2014, 20:40:31 »

sorry about the spelling  :y

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 April 2014, 22:58:48 »

I`m dithering. We`re all living in a democracy, this means everybody gets what nobody wants. >:(
 Just look at that bunch of monkeys in Downing street. ;D I never voted for a Tory/liberal coalition but that`s what I got ::). Do you really think that these self serving A-holes have my best interests at heart, no they don`t & they don`t have yours either. Leave Europe & I can see yet another excuse for a massive round of price hikes heading our way on fuel, gas you name it. I`m open to being bribed, if UKIP promised me cast iron guarantees on slashing my taxes by half on the money saved from not paying into Brussels I`d vote for them tomorrow.
Will they do that  ???   

chrisgixer

« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2014, 08:41:39 »

Depends what your opinion is based on. As a joe bloggs man in the street, which is the majority, opinion is not going to be good as the benefits aren't handed down in many peoples eyes. In fact most of the dirty end of the stick seems to be all that's available.

Yet those perceived as in positions of power will likely see benefits of staying in.

But given the general distrust of any senior figure or powers that be by Joe Bloggs, senior figures need to hand down some benefits or risk loosing out, and the sooner they sort that out the better.

Thing is, given the woeful state of management on even the smallest level, sorting out the eu so everyone/more people are happy with it will take longer than most if our life times. By the looks.

omega3000

« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2014, 15:16:57 »

Get out of the EU ... too many self serving pigs at the trough  >:( All the mainstream parties want us to be in it because there all in the same self serving trough  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

cleggy

« Reply #21 on: 25 April 2014, 15:22:07 »

Get out of the EU ... too many self serving pigs at the trough  >:( All the mainstream parties want us to be in it because there all in the same self serving trough  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

My thoughts entirely >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

VOTE UKIP

Dodge

• Wrexham
    • 2.2 CD auto lpg/petrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 April 2014, 15:52:24 »

What everyone is forgetting is that initially there were certain standards that were set for EU membership and for the monetary union.
The idea was that there would be stability and strength in numbers. The problem is that these standards or criteria were "relaxed" so that certain member states could join.
The likes of Greece, Spain, Portugal,and Ireland were allowed membership as they were deemed to be "On their way" to meeting the criteria even though they had not actually achieved many of the said standards.
Now that they are member states, their recovery is hampered by poor taxation collection systems and weak economies and have to be bailed out by the richer member states or China.
It's a simple matter of averages, strong member states offer stability but equally, if you have weak member states it makes it harder for the EU to recover as a whole, and that is purely from a financial view point.
Member of the EEC was about trading links (I think!) but membership of the EU was so much more.
I don't believe that we need to be a member of the EU to maintain trading links but I think that Germany and France would probably spit their dummies out should the UK leave.
Don't forget the EU wanted to put a taxation on financial transactions which would have meant we would be sending even more money East to support the weaker member states or to be wasted on EU bureaucracy.
As for the Euro, it's a no go area and is likely to be for the UK for many years to come.
But what do I know, I drive for a living!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.