Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presentation Alisson - Brazil  (Read 4043 times)

akgodoi

• Brazil
    • Omega 4.1 Turbo
    • View Profile
Presentation Alisson - Brazil
« on: 30 April 2019, 20:11:22 »

Hello OOF, I have an Omega 4.1 CD 1998 turbo. Before long I made the necessary changes to install the turbo. My name is Alisson and I live in Brazil, I'm an engineer and I have 3 turbo cars. My omega has recently gone through a process of "restoring" the paint and installing the turbo kit.
I'll post photos of my car soon. Over time I can help people who use or want to use programmable E.C.U.. Sorry for the writing, because I'm using a translator. greetings, Alisson !!

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Presentation Alisson - Brazil
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2019, 20:14:14 »

Welcome to the OOF  :)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2019, 07:11:07 »

Hello and welcome to OOF :y Pictures would be great,I look forward to seeing them. 8)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2019, 08:49:56 »

Hola , welcome to the forum :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2019, 14:51:17 »

Hi, welcome to the forum.  :y

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your cars. :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

migiestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Liverpool
    • 03 Omega 2.2 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2019, 22:06:57 »

Hello and welcome to the forum  :y.

akgodoi

• Brazil
    • Omega 4.1 Turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2019, 15:38:43 »

Hello and welcome to OOF :y Pictures would be great,I look forward to seeing them. 8)

Hello!! Follow some pictures of my omega, gradually I will put updated content here!

Recalling that it is in adjustment phase, the Turbo Kit has been installed a few days. I use this car to move my job. Then every day I run something between 40 to 60km approx 45miles.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2019, 15:50:45 »

Omega A  8)

we call them Carlton in the UK

Chevrolet Omega A was Vauxhall Carlton ,opel Omega A
ended production in about 1993 
« Last Edit: 03 May 2019, 16:00:22 by dave the builder »

akgodoi

• Brazil
    • Omega 4.1 Turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 May 2019, 19:28:42 »

Omega A  8)

we call them Carlton in the UK

Chevrolet Omega A was Vauxhall Carlton ,opel Omega A
ended production in about 1993

Thanks Dave, here we call this Omega platform. There are variations of Omega around here for the motorization and optional comfort. However the Omega was produced in Brazil between 1992 and 1998 in versions 4 and 6 cylinders with manual and automatic transmission. The most powerful were the 6 cylinders 4100cc followed by the 3000cc. The engine L6 4100 had improvements in the gas admission with a multipoint injection system, however, the programmable ECU, explore a little more this engine. In Brazil this car was only sold with an 8v head. I'm now posting some more photos so the OOF's can see and comment. my project is simple and predicts something around 400whp. here in Brazil there are many performance parts for the L6 engine.

Still original engine: jan/2019

engine with turbo kit installed: 05/2019

Car Outside After Paint Repair Service

Carbon steel tubular exhaust manifold with Borg Warner special order turbine. This turbo has rotor with 58mm (cold pallets) and shaft with 68mm (hot pallets). The warm snail is of type T4 1.05. The exhaust used is 3 inches from the turbine to the rear bumper.

two bosch 044 fuel pumps

ABS position detail

Photos do not follow chronological order. They are just to demonstrate some details of my project. Hope you like it.

In photos you can see the changes of battery position, ABS and hydraulic steering system. Some air conditioning hoses have been altered as well. the turbo assembly lasted almost 4 months and cost approximately $ 4,000.00. Around here, a well-maintained Omega costs around $ 5,000. The biggest problem of Omega are the "accessories". There are no OEM parts like taillights, headlight, blinks, sidebars, spoilers and so on. A well maintained instrument panel is difficult to find as well.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 May 2019, 20:00:47 »

Being left hand drive, headlamps will be different pattern to UK spec but German spec Opel omega A would be the same  :-\ all other parts you list are available on ebay , don't know if you can get delivery to Brazil from some sellers though  :-\
front blinks (indicator next to headlight  :-\) 2 types available ,last time I purchased the later ones where very expensive  :(
I drove Carlton (Omega A)for 18 years , until this time last year ,(only 20SE 4 cylinder  130 hp)
Great cars  :)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2019, 23:43:59 »

Hi and welcome :y I notice you’re running with no intercooler, what boost are you running and  what compression ratio is your engine?
Laying a rubber road.

akgodoi

• Brazil
    • Omega 4.1 Turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2019, 06:18:30 »

🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

hey,

I will soon post the changes. For now it follows the project in aesthetics.

I will gather the specific technical information of the propeller and transmission system.

akgodoi

• Brazil
    • Omega 4.1 Turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2019, 21:10:23 »

Hi and welcome :y I notice you’re running with no intercooler, what boost are you running and  what compression ratio is your engine?

Hello.. I noticed that there is another post explaining the origin of this engine in Brazil, so I will not extend myself. The engine of this car here has been inherited from Opala 4100 and some changes made by Lotus in the 90 years.

The car is equipped with 4100 engine (250CID) and the compression ratio is 8.5. At this point it has peak of 16psi boost. The clutch system is showing a failure to adhere. Soon I will replace it with a stronger model with ceramic inserts. The TBM transmission will undergo modifications and have more resistant forged gears.

Anyway, I will now forward some information from the engines manufactured here to the Omega platform (which for you is the Senator or Carlton)

https://i.postimg.cc/hPhbX3S2/ficha-tecnica-cambio-omega.jpg

As for the intercooler, I am not using, but I am monitoring the air temperature in the intake manifold (after the turbine). With 18psi, the temperature reaches 90C which is about 195F. I know that an intercooler could improve the yield of the set and avoid breaks but the aluminum manufactured around here has high cost, and at the moment I have no money.. $$$$$$$$$$$

Gradually the car will receive the improvements and how soon I will post the modifications if it is of interest to the forum.

Thank you all

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2019, 00:24:07 »

:y nice, you will see a good  gain with an intercooler at that boost, and will help keep you engine tohether :)
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.