Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Few electrical niggles ....  (Read 727 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Few electrical niggles ....
« on: 11 June 2008, 15:40:42 »

Some while back Kevin very kindly  looked up some stuff for me... today I decided to follow his instructions .... unfortunately not very succesfully .. :(

1. Towing Indicators : I have fitted the 4-way relay and the dash bulb, I now get the dash bulb flashing with the hazards on, but with the 'van connected I get a single flash and nowt else, although all indicators work fine ... I'm wondering if the current drawn by the van bulb is insufficient ?? Relay is part no 90506697.

2. Parking sensors : Kevin advised that to get them to shut up whilst the 'van is connected then from Park Pilot pin 9 (violet/white) goes to foglight feed from switch, pin 14 (violet) goes to foglight feed to car bulbs, remove wirelink between pins 12/16 (grey). Now all these wires exist at the left side of the boot, along with the wire link between the grey wires, nicely taped up, so I connected as advised ... all I get is the park pilot failure warning sound continuously. As a temporary measure I've wired a switch into the speaker circuit so i can manually switch the noise of when the 'van is connected .. but its not ideal - not with my senile memory anyway.. I'm bound to forget to turn em back on !!

Any one any ideas ??? all offerings gratefully accepted .. :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 11 June 2008, 15:41:54 by entwood »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.