Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump Rocking Theresa's Boat  (Read 5045 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Rocking Theresa's Boat
« Reply #30 on: 15 July 2018, 15:24:37 »

Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 July 2018, 19:21:56 »

Albs, we need a historian like Lizzie to recall events from so far back as politicians with honour - IF they ever really existed?

Ron

Well, no.  Even Oliver Cromwell was only out for himself, like so many Republicans, which the general population finally realised after his death in 1658. Two years later he was dug up as a traitor, executed at Tyburn, had his head cut off and it was placed on a pike outside Westminster Hall until 1685.  He was only in it for what he could gain, but I am a Royalist! :)
« Last Edit: 15 July 2018, 19:28:50 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 July 2018, 19:36:48 »

...........and then remember what Brutus did to poor Julius Caeser on 15th March 44BC!! :o :o :D

So politicians have only ever been out for themselves.........perhaps my hero Winston Churchill was the exception to the rule though, placing the country before himself :D ;)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 July 2018, 20:12:40 »

Churchill was a traitor in my eyes, too.
I've remarked on here before about his subverting the ring-fenced Road Fund Licence that was created solely for road creation and maintenance and the monies so collected promised not to be used for any other purpose. That was the beginning of the use of motorists as cash cows, and we all know how it continued.   >:( >:( >:(

Ron.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15 July 2018, 20:52:08 »

Churchill was a traitor in my eyes, too.
I've remarked on here before about his subverting the ring-fenced Road Fund Licence that was created solely for road creation and maintenance and the monies so collected promised not to be used for any other purpose. That was the beginning of the use of motorists as cash cows, and we all know how it continued.   >:( >:( >:(

Ron.

You do know that the RFL was introduced because the government at the time realised that there were thousands of extra road users that could now be easily identified! Introducing a tax specifically for that instance was bound to happen. And no tax will EVER be ring fenced, as governments don't account for their spending like that. If it ever changes, then we'll end up paying the equivalent of tolls for every mile we drive, and not only will that be more expensive, but the money STILL won't be spent on the transport network.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15 July 2018, 21:16:38 »

I just wish the would get rid of RFL and put it on the price of fuel. Business would fight it tooth and nail though.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 July 2018, 21:38:15 »

I can see how that would help you, Albs; you run on take-away oil!  :y :y :y

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 15 July 2018, 21:55:58 »

So politicians have only ever been out for themselves.........

David Cameron being a good example of this as he wanted his legacy to be the man who kept Scotland in the Union and the UK in the EU.  :)

Shame the second bit went slightly wrong for him!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15 July 2018, 22:17:55 »

I just wish the would get rid of RFL and put it on the price of fuel. Business would fight it tooth and nail though.

So would everybody else when they realise just how expensive it is to use roads. Don't forget, tax is already the biggest cost in fuel, and a levy instead of RFL would always be in addition to that.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 July 2018, 22:22:55 »

EVERYBODY uses the roads either directly or indirectly (public transport, carriage of goods, etc.), so why not be honest about it and fund roads directly from general taxation?
That would not alter the amount needed to be collected by government, but at least it would be open and transparent instead of victimising motorists as a funding group.

Ron.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15 July 2018, 23:37:15 »

I will make this clear with Theresa May's white paper #Brext there is NO #Brexit. Her threat to stop #Brexit if MPs don't fall into line is a meaningless lie. Likewise pretending she has some red lines is a bare faced lie. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Now I will explain why:

The vital clause which means we never ever leave the EU are her weasels words of 'follow common rule book'. There is no such thing, only the EU rulebook and by implementing and complying with this now and in the future in its entirety means we don't ever leave the EU and become an independent country, we remain tied to Brussels and everyone of their rules and regulations with the deliberate trap of no representation on any EU rule changes. The EU as a political system is very adept in making new rules and regulations to suit their agenda and increasing the size and scope of regulations by area capture as part of their 'ever closer union' and don't think they won't do so to punish our #Brexit vote, they will, like all self-serving dictatorships it is in their DNA. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

We CANNOT negotiate any FTAs with the rest of the world, so #Trump and the US ambassador are quite right there will be no US trade deal with them or with anybody else. If the EU decides to solve the Irish border by making us charge EU import tariffs they can do so, if they say for 'frictionless' trade we must accept complete freedom of movement of people we will, both so called meaningless red lines of Traitor May. This is a total sellout of #Brexit, that Traitor May has been planning in secret with her traitor civil servants of her European Unit for the last year and don't mistake it as anything else. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

IMO where this will lead to next April is that Traitor May will apply for us to rejoin the EU, to 'regain representation within the EU' with NO opt outs which will mean the Euro, no rebate so we are the single biggest net contributor and full implementation of Schengen  which will mean regular 'awayday' terrorist attacks from terrorists based in mainland Europe, where the UK is known as 'little satan' by islamic terrorists and their biggest target after the US. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Traitor May is a Remainer who fully intends to Remain. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Make no mistake that this is anything other than the biggest betrayal of democracy and the electorate in our lifetime if allowed to stand. Personally, where I've come a political activist on social media over the last two years I understand how to use it and fully intend to do so with a campaign to punish the Conservative party for this betrayal of the 17.2m #Brexit majority. I fully understand how effective simple aims and slogans are in politics like Saatchi & Saatchi's "labour isn't working"  and don't lose sight that despite the full establishment's full use of resources to Remain, Leave's much more effective use of Social Media won the referendum, like it has #Trump his presidency. The aim at a minimum will be the Conservatives out of office for 28 years, like after Robert Peel (the ERM fiasco kept them out for 13 years from 1997-2010) or even better finish them for good like the Liberal party were after WWI and Lloyd George. They deserve this for this level of betrayal, if May does not face a leadership challenge over the next few weeks and this disgraceful and deceitful white paper is not overturned. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

After CaMoron's deceit over saying he would give us a referendum on the Lisbon treaty and then backtracking as soon as elected. He never got my vote again, where I and many others tactically voted UKIP which forced his concession of the #Brexit referendum, we can do the same again. :y :y :y

This weekends poll's show the Cons down 6%, Liebour up 1% and UKIP up 5%, so this just punishment it is already starting and I will work with many others to make sure it gets much, much bigger. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16 July 2018, 00:08:48 »

I voted UKIP too... seemed my only logical choice at the time. Looks like I will do it again too.
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.