Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is the Stig thread?  (Read 8851 times)

Bernie400

• cheshire
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the Stig thread?
« Reply #30 on: 19 July 2006, 14:37:08 »

just a technical point - Tiff did drive in F1 in 1980

bernie400
On driveway: Blue 2.5 Reflection, Black 406(boring) & Ascona 400 (will be in Rothmans, oh yes!)

Bernie400

• cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 July 2006, 15:21:24 »

just asked my brother who works in the motorsport industry and has contacts with F1 suppliers and at prodrive for example(trying to give him credibility here!).

He advises as we suspect that there are a few stigs being used at the moment depending on who is available etc.

what he can confirm is that Mark Webber and Damon Hill HAVE done some stints as the stig

I chuck that one into the ring!
On driveway: Blue 2.5 Reflection, Black 406(boring) & Ascona 400 (will be in Rothmans, oh yes!)

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #32 on: 19 July 2006, 15:22:48 »

I have just received a fax from BBC TOP GEAR. It reads:

Dear Mr Burger,

Thank you for your enquiry as to the identity of 'The Stig'. This is a question we get asked a lot and as you will appreciate, the hidden identity adds to the mystery and the fun element of the show. If we just tell everyone it is Martin Brundle the secret would be out very quickly. Oh crap. I just told you. Bo**ocks.

Mr Mc Burger, you are the greatest and we really wish you would consider the anchor job at top Gear. Then we could get rid of the bumbling oaf Clarkson. How he won American Idle I'll never know. The trouble we've had. As for that poisoned dwarf Hammond and that long haired public schoolboy twit May, they have nothing on Omega Forum and the great McBurger.

I hope this helps.

Samantha Dobble (miss)
ex Top Gear grass.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2006, 15:43:18 by RonaldMcBurger »

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19 July 2006, 15:35:49 »

;DQuality ;D

But how do you get that passed the old profanity filter?

My "o h   b u g g e r" thread is now readin "oh Dearie me" ;D

Edited: as the damned thing did it again!!!
« Last Edit: 19 July 2006, 15:36:51 by Allenm »

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19 July 2006, 15:56:01 »

Dear Mr Burger,

Thank you for your enquiry as to the identity of 'The Stig'. This is a question we get asked a lot and as you will appreciate, the hidden identity adds to the mystery and the fun element of the show. If we just tell everyone it is Martin Brundle the secret would be out very quickly. Oh crap. I just told you. Bo**ocks.

Mr Mc Burger, you are the greatest and we really wish you would consider the anchor job at top Gear. Then we could get rid of the bumbling oaf Clarkson. How he won American Idle I'll never know. The trouble we've had. As for that poisoned dwarf Hammond and that long haired public schoolboy twit May, they have nothing on Omega Forum and the great McBurger.

I hope this helps.

Samantha Dobble (miss)
ex Top Gear grass.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Top drawer R McB. Almost fell off my chair laughing in the office - work colleagues thought I was having some kind of seizure!!
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19 July 2006, 15:57:33 »

Dear Mr Burger,

I hope this helps.

Samantha Dobble (miss)
ex Top Gear grass.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Top drawer R McB. Almost fell off my chair laughing in the office - work colleagues thought I was having some kind of seizure!!
I think his medication must be a little strong today  ;D
Grumpy old man

peterjohn36

• Fareham
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19 July 2006, 19:10:53 »

just asked my brother who works in the motorsport industry and has contacts with F1 suppliers and at prodrive for example(trying to give him credibility here!).

He advises as we suspect that there are a few stigs being used at the moment depending on who is available etc.

what he can confirm is that Mark Webber and Damon Hill HAVE done some stints as the stig

As I placed on my thread you are also going down the right road

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 July 2006, 16:28:01 »

You sure you're not getting mixed up here? Mark Webber and Damon Hill have indeed been on the show, but only as guests and both had a go in the reasonably priced family car. Incidentally, Mansell also had a go in it and caned both of their lap times as I recall.
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

peterjohn36

• Fareham
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20 July 2006, 17:04:49 »

You sure you're not getting mixed up here? Mark Webber and Damon Hill have indeed been on the show, but only as guests and both had a go in the reasonably priced family car. Incidentally, Mansell also had a go in it and caned both of their lap times as I recall.

No I am thinking on the up and comming F1 drivers only.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.