Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC 2013 change to muldimedia audio  (Read 4303 times)

Adi King

• Estonia
    • Omega b 3.0 tdi ~180kw+
    • View Profile
NCDC 2013 change to muldimedia audio
« on: 01 October 2016, 11:46:23 »

Hi, i need help little bit, I would like to change my 2002 omega original stereo to nowadays multimedia audio :) Can you recommend something? is it 7inch screen or 6.2? or something. Does my colourful display still works? i mean not the nav and cd but fuel information and so on? Any kind of help would be nice :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: NCDC 2013 change to muldimedia audio
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2016, 13:27:28 »

There is nothing commercially available that will interface to the existing screen.

So you would be looking at a system with an integrated screen, which arguably is too low in an Omega. You would also lose all other functions of the screen, such as fuel computer etc (could be overcome easily by replacing screen with a MID, getting new wiper stalk, and minor wiring).
Grumpy old man

Adi King

• Estonia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2016, 14:18:21 »

There is nothing commercially available that will interface to the existing screen.

So you would be looking at a system with an integrated screen, which arguably is too low in an Omega. You would also lose all other functions of the screen, such as fuel computer etc (could be overcome easily by replacing screen with a MID, getting new wiper stalk, and minor wiring).

Okey. but if i get regular new car stereo, witch has that steering wheel buttons support then my computer works? mean fuel stuff and radio functions on screen? or still have to change wiper stalk? Is there any DIY? Thanks.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2016, 14:45:53 »

There's a guide for changing to MID :y

The issue you have is that the current computer functions are controlled by the NCDC unit. Steering wheel controls are a separate problem but can be made to work using an interface adapter  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2016, 15:46:54 »

Okey. but if i get regular new car stereo, witch has that steering wheel buttons support then my computer works? mean fuel stuff and radio functions on screen? or still have to change wiper stalk? Is there any DIY? Thanks.
No, as already said, the miniute you pull the NCDC HU out, your colour screen becomes a brick, nothing will work on it,

Adi King

• Estonia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2016, 15:54:38 »

No, as already said, the miniute you pull the NCDC HU out, your colour screen becomes a brick, nothing will work on it,

Damn, why they made it so stuped in Fl models :D Previous 2 MV6 where so easy. But they wasnt FL. computer worked easy and no problems with after market stereos... so im stuck with that ncdc :( no usb... Wonder those fm transmitters...arent very good i guess?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2016, 16:08:04 »

Damn, why they made it so stuped in Fl models :D Previous 2 MV6 where so easy. But they wasnt FL. computer worked easy and no problems with after market stereos... so im stuck with that ncdc :( no usb... Wonder those fm transmitters...arent very good i guess?
Its a Security feature, the NCDC and the Screen are an item, they work together, for security there also electronically paired together.

The other option that has been suggested to you is to remove, NCDC and CID (colour Screen) and retro fit a MID (simular to your Older MV6), which is a non Colour HU and Computer Info Screen, the MID is for other HU fitted to the Omega FL other than the NCDC.

The MID has its own Radio Info and Stand alone Computer Info which is Control by a Stalk, so some DIY re wiring to do and fit a MID Stalk.

If you just want to shove MP3 through the NCDC, then yes FM Transmitter, or you can DIY the NCDC HU for Aux in (interrupt the CD Audio to the HU Pre Amp), which is fiddly,means taking the HU apart, Soldering etc, its a bit of a different subject to your original question and has been spoken about on here many times, so best to do a search on it. ;)

« Last Edit: 01 October 2016, 16:18:32 by zirk »

Adi King

• Estonia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2016, 14:45:52 »

Allright, so i just have to take that older display, and change wiper stalk, and some wireing, and then i have computer working like usual, and can use new radio?  Could someone point me out some DIY ?

Adi King

• Estonia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 October 2016, 15:12:04 »

Or is it some how possible to change that cdbox to external cd player? that plays mp3? :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 October 2016, 18:34:03 »

If you have access to wiring diagram, its the wires that go directly from the MID to the stalk, plus the 0v to the stalk, that can be picked up locally.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 October 2016, 18:35:21 »

Or is it some how possible to change that cdbox to external cd player? that plays mp3? :D
Nope, nobody ever made a direct plugin replacement.  It is possible to intercept the audio lines back to the head unit, but you may need some electronics to balance the impedence and levels.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Onanists always think outside the box.

Adi King

• Estonia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 October 2016, 16:11:26 »

Made it easier :D

Computer working nicely, and can manage from steering wheel.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 October 2016, 16:38:46 »

Have you got some more details on what / how you did that please ?

I've got a 2013 with colour display and my unit is getting to the end of its life sadly  :(
Satnav laser needs cleaning every month to keep it going and today after trying to play a CD for the first time in about 3 years, the 4 disc changer mag popper out but the oppser won't lock back into the chassis  >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 October 2016, 17:43:10 »

Have you got some more details on what / how you did that please ?

I've got a 2013 with colour display and my unit is getting to the end of its life sadly  :(
Satnav laser needs cleaning every month to keep it going and today after trying to play a CD for the first time in about 3 years, the 4 disc changer mag popper out but the oppser won't lock back into the chassis  >:(
I'd suggest somehow rammed the top half of the NCDC behind the dash somewhere, and fitted a new stereo.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.