Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi to all :), here looking for help on Installing NCDC 2015  (Read 2870 times)

ret38

• turkey
    • 2000 Omega Elegance
    • View Profile

Hi dear Omega Owner Forum members, I bought my second omega an upgrade from B to BFL. It is 2000 Elegance 2.5. I've bought a couple of original parts to replace and one of them is a pair of NCDC2015.

So my question is, I've a CCRT 2008 and screen installed on my Omega originally. I've bought a NCDC 2015 and a CID from a car.
I don't have the radio code but the seller told me If I use them together on the same car radio code won't be necessary. Do you know if it is true? Or how could I get the code?(PS. The donor car is crashed therefore don't know the VIN to ask to Opel=
Second Question is, Do I need additional wiring to the NCDC 2015 and to the CID screen for the upgrade? Or are they just plug in and out replacement for old system?
I own an "My Naff Code Reader" and can find Tech2 to use if they are necessary. Also if I need additional wiring can I made them in home or within a shop. Opel Service doesn't know about the wiring and I mailed to Opel Germany and they didn' reply either.
Thanks for the patience :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi to all :), here looking for help on Installing NCDC 2015
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2020, 19:54:03 »

That is correct, a matched pair of screen and NCDC should work without issue.

Most of the loom is present, but may need modification between head unit and screen/ additional loom.

If you can find someone breaking an Elite spec car, this should have all the extra bits you'll need.  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2020, 22:50:11 »

And if the NCDC unit is Bose enabled you will need the Bose amp, speakers and loom to go with them.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ret38

• turkey
    • 2000 Omega Elegance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 March 2020, 20:38:49 »

Thanks you for the answers :) . I couldn't find any scheme for the necessary wiring. Do you guys know where to find them? I have a good electrician nearby for necessary modifications to the existing wiring but he will need correct diagrams I guess. Also I already have Bose system installed in my car originally, do they need any activation or sth like that?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 March 2020, 21:04:10 »

In that case you may already have the correct wiring taped up near to where you want it. I would pull out your current head unit and info screen and take a look before going any further.
When I changed my mono ncdc 2013 for a colour screen version, the extra plug I needed was taped to the loom a few centimetres away.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ret38

• turkey
    • 2000 Omega Elegance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2020, 21:31:37 »

Wow that would be really good :) I wish I had that too.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2020, 11:31:58 »

As its a NCDC2015, you need to go through the pain of fitted the telematics unit, as that will be in the pairing ring, though for the life of me cant remember if a missing telematics will cause constant warnings on the CID.

The wiring *WILL NOT* be in place if the car was factory fitted with a non NCDC unit.  Fortunately, it can all be modified simply by swapping some wires on a 36-36 way TrafficMaster loom, and adding the extra plug for the CID.  At the display end, from memory, pinds 1 and 36 need shorting in order to get diags to work, but check schematics to confirm.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 March 2020, 18:58:28 »

I changed from NCDC 2013 with mono screen to NCDC 2015 with colour screen. Telematics unit didn't come with the 2015, but I don't get any messages on screen about it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 March 2020, 10:12:29 »

I changed from NCDC 2013 with mono screen to NCDC 2015 with colour screen. Telematics unit didn't come with the 2015, but I don't get any messages on screen about it.
Did we program out the telematics on yours?  You can tell be pressing the Phone Dial/Hangup buttoms, they do something like Route and Info on a 2013 IIRC (if you program out th etelematics, the 2015 becomes a 2013, there are no hardware differences apart from the printed legends on a couple of the buttons)
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 March 2020, 12:58:48 »

Not that Im aware. As far as I can recall, it was programmed for 2.2 diesel engine which made all the figures haywire, so you cast a spell on it so it know it now resides in a 3.2.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 March 2020, 17:47:05 »

Did we program out the telematics on yours?  You can tell be pressing the Phone Dial/Hangup buttoms, they do something like Route and Info on a 2013 IIRC (if you program out th etelematics, the 2015 becomes a 2013, there are no hardware differences apart from the printed legends on a couple of the buttons)
I thought if there was no Telematics on the CANbus and Tech II has told the 2015 it doesn't exist then the HU automatically reverted to become a 2013. I know that in 2015 mode (ie with Telematics) the software works slightly differently for Traffic messages and the green and red buttons.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 March 2020, 20:00:07 »

Don't think the green / red buttons do anything on mine. Not sure that enlightens anyone further, but you never know...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 March 2020, 20:47:29 »

In 2013 mode, the green button should select Home address and the Red button selects alternate route on the Nav.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 March 2020, 21:44:39 »

Didn't know that. Will give it a try and report back.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 March 2020, 17:05:40 »

I thought if there was no Telematics on the CANbus and Tech II has told the 2015 it doesn't exist then the HU automatically reverted to become a 2013. I know that in 2015 mode (ie with Telematics) the software works slightly differently for Traffic messages and the green and red buttons.
Correct :y
Grumpy old man

ret38

• turkey
    • 2000 Omega Elegance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 15 March 2020, 20:31:50 »

As its a NCDC2015, you need to go through the pain of fitted the telematics unit, as that will be in the pairing ring, though for the life of me cant remember if a missing telematics will cause constant warnings on the CID.

The wiring *WILL NOT* be in place if the car was factory fitted with a non NCDC unit.  Fortunately, it can all be modified simply by swapping some wires on a 36-36 way TrafficMaster loom, and adding the extra plug for the CID.  At the display end, from memory, pinds 1 and 36 need shorting in order to get diags to work, but check schematics to confirm.

Thank you for the info, I'm not sure how to do the modifiying part though. Now I found a donor car which has the NCDC 2015 wiring. I'll ask the owner for the wiring parts to be removed and sent to me. But the problem is they are not handy with taking the wires out. They asked me to send the pictures of the needed wires so they can cut them and sent them. Unfortunately I still couldn't find the pictures or correct wiring scheme to supply to them. Do you guys know what exact wires and pins required from donor car? Also I'll not be using Navigation, so as far as I know Telematics aren't required, are they? Now I need the pictures or the scheme of the necessary wiring so a friend will drop by to the donor car at tuesday, if he could cut them and bring them easly. Also a mechanic noted that Wiring is complicated and goes way back to the engine so they will not be capable of removing the wires from the donor car.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 March 2020, 17:55:15 »

Its the cabin loom that's different, and you wont be able to replace that.

I made an adapter for all mine, to make it plug and play, not sure I still have one after getting rid of virtually all my spare NCDC bits.  I did post up years ago the details of the adapter, but good luck searching through my 100,000+ posts ;D
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 March 2020, 18:37:20 »

You will need the plug and length of loom for the Telematics if fitting - not too bad as most of the connections are on the telephone prewiring but you wil need to add the Canbus and the correct microphone. The loom for the HU will be best built using a Trafficmaster or SOT sub loom.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.