Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi to all :), here looking for help on Installing NCDC 2015  (Read 2873 times)

ret38

• turkey
    • 2000 Omega Elegance
    • View Profile
Re: Hi to all :), here looking for help on Installing NCDC 2015
« Reply #15 on: 15 March 2020, 20:31:50 »

As its a NCDC2015, you need to go through the pain of fitted the telematics unit, as that will be in the pairing ring, though for the life of me cant remember if a missing telematics will cause constant warnings on the CID.

The wiring *WILL NOT* be in place if the car was factory fitted with a non NCDC unit.  Fortunately, it can all be modified simply by swapping some wires on a 36-36 way TrafficMaster loom, and adding the extra plug for the CID.  At the display end, from memory, pinds 1 and 36 need shorting in order to get diags to work, but check schematics to confirm.

Thank you for the info, I'm not sure how to do the modifiying part though. Now I found a donor car which has the NCDC 2015 wiring. I'll ask the owner for the wiring parts to be removed and sent to me. But the problem is they are not handy with taking the wires out. They asked me to send the pictures of the needed wires so they can cut them and sent them. Unfortunately I still couldn't find the pictures or correct wiring scheme to supply to them. Do you guys know what exact wires and pins required from donor car? Also I'll not be using Navigation, so as far as I know Telematics aren't required, are they? Now I need the pictures or the scheme of the necessary wiring so a friend will drop by to the donor car at tuesday, if he could cut them and bring them easly. Also a mechanic noted that Wiring is complicated and goes way back to the engine so they will not be capable of removing the wires from the donor car.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 March 2020, 17:55:15 »

Its the cabin loom that's different, and you wont be able to replace that.

I made an adapter for all mine, to make it plug and play, not sure I still have one after getting rid of virtually all my spare NCDC bits.  I did post up years ago the details of the adapter, but good luck searching through my 100,000+ posts ;D
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 March 2020, 18:37:20 »

You will need the plug and length of loom for the Telematics if fitting - not too bad as most of the connections are on the telephone prewiring but you wil need to add the Canbus and the correct microphone. The loom for the HU will be best built using a Trafficmaster or SOT sub loom.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.