Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5 V6 Coolant Transfer Pipe  (Read 1732 times)

dave.h

• Cumbria
    • 2.2 CDX auto/C220 auto
    • View Profile
2.5 V6 Coolant Transfer Pipe
« on: 26 March 2020, 14:22:42 »

Hi all

Can anyone advise me where I can get the coolant transfer pipe or the O seals for it from?

My local Vx dealer can't get either the pipe or the o seals for some reason (maybe out of production given the age of the car).

I found the part number on another thread (Part 90411629) but everywhere I try draws a blank.

I need them as  the thermostat is playing up and don't want to do it until I know I have either the pipe or the seals at hand.  I will do the timing belt, water pump and thermostat at the same time.

Cheers
Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to go on that counts

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 V6 Coolant Transfer Pipe
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2020, 16:11:21 »

Pipe comes with seals fitted.

Try ebay.com using the part number  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2020, 17:14:05 »

Lots in Yankee land, haven't seen any here, might have to try dealer see if there's any availability.
Hoof'land storeman.

mantaray

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2020, 21:35:26 »

I would advise that you get both, although the pipe should come with the seal.

You may find it hard to separate the pipe from the thermostat housing as they tend to corrode them selves together, and can end up breaking the pipe while trying to split them apart.
2.6 CDX Auto Estate,
71 Opel Manta A Series 2.5 V6

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • 2 Omega Caravans 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2020, 08:59:23 »

Ask them to try SAAB numbers, they are the same seals but different part numbers. My Opel/SAAB dealer got me them that way.

It should be SAAB #9129999

https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/cooling-system/thermostat/gasket-thermostat-housing/1017454/
Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2020, 14:44:54 »

Ask them to try SAAB numbers, they are the same seals but different part numbers. My Opel/SAAB dealer got me them that way.

https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/cooling-system/thermostat/gasket-thermostat-housing/1017454/
How are things going in your part of the world Jan. I hear that Sweden are trying a different approach to the rest of Europe regarding the virus. Stay safe.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2020, 14:47:56 by ronnyd »

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 April 2020, 04:12:33 »

Whatever about the availability of the transfer pipe itself the two o-rings should be widely available from anywhere that does seals. I can't swear to it, but they might be 31mm(ID) x 3mm(CS) x 37mm(OD). Probably Nitrile.

GM #90411629 = thermostat housing pipe
GM #9129999 supersedes #90410899 = O-Ring

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • 2 Omega Caravans 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 April 2020, 08:28:43 »

How are things going in your part of the world Jan. I hear that Sweden are trying a different approach to the rest of Europe regarding the virus. Stay safe.

Yes we did it differently, they get a lot of flak for this approach and we will see if it is good. Biggest problem for us is the total lack of resources. During the cold war we had 60 military field hospitals, now we only have two. All medical supplies are in the "Just-In-Time" supply chains and much is imported so that supply chain is more or less broken.

Business going belly up, but that's the same everywhere.

Myself I live out in the country side and are more or less always self isolated, working from home anyway, so for me it isn't much difference. Wife is retired and we live a relaxed life normally. Going for groceries you have to be more careful of course.
Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 April 2020, 19:29:23 »

Yes we did it differently, they get a lot of flak for this approach and we will see if it is good. Biggest problem for us is the total lack of resources. During the cold war we had 60 military field hospitals, now we only have two. All medical supplies are in the "Just-In-Time" supply chains and much is imported so that supply chain is more or less broken.

Business going belly up, but that's the same everywhere.

Myself I live out in the country side and are more or less always self isolated, working from home anyway, so for me it isn't much difference. Wife is retired and we live a relaxed life normally. Going for groceries you have to be more careful of course.

Stay safe.  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.