Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eternal exhaust system  (Read 968 times)

petertohen

• Ho Chi Minh City
    • audi
    • View Profile
Eternal exhaust system
« on: 13 November 2017, 07:35:22 »

I recently fitted a new Eternal exhaust system to my 2.2 petrol estate, which fitted perfectly thank goodness.  After travelling just over 1,000 miles I have noticed that the inside of the exhaust rear pipe is quite sooty despite the fact that the fuel consumption is reasonable (35 mpg on a run and approximately 25 mpg around town) and the car appears to run as sweet as it always has done.  The mileage is 126,000 and it has regular oil changes at 5,000 miles.

The exhaust on my wife's 1.8 petrol Vectra is clean as is the one on my son's 2.0 petrol Mondeo and my daughter's petrol Golf all of which have well exceeded 100,000 miles.

My previous 2.0 Omega petrol estate also tended to have a sooty exhaust at 95,000 miles until I unfortunately wrote it off.  Has anyone else noticed a sooty exhaust on their Omega or is it just me?
http://electrumsupply.com/eternal-exhaust/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal exhaust system
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2017, 08:44:46 »

Never owned a 4 pot one, but all my V6's were. As was, obviously, the TD.  But I'd say no more than any other car I've owned.
Grumpy old man

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal exhaust system
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2017, 00:25:00 »

I fitted an ets to my 2.2 auto and it was very black inside in under 3k miles (first time I checked it). I suspect you have nothing to worry about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.