Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vectra 1.8 starter will not turn  (Read 15439 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Re: Vectra 1.8 starter will not turn
« Reply #135 on: 27 May 2020, 08:10:08 »

It is pretty much impossible to put a system in place that detects loss of a ground connection and reports a trouble code associated with it  :y
Thank you. That leads me to wonder whether, had I got a man in to sort this car out, as suggested by DG and STEMO, he would have fared any better. I imagined that a Vauxhall dealer 'expert', with a superior diagnostic device, could simply plug it in and read out the fault.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Vectra 1.8 starter will not turn
« Reply #136 on: 27 May 2020, 09:21:08 »

It is pretty much impossible to put a system in place that detects loss of a ground connection and reports a trouble code associated with it  :y
Thank you. That leads me to wonder whether, had I got a man in to sort this car out, as suggested by DG and STEMO, he would have fared any better. I imagined that a Vauxhall dealer 'expert', with a superior diagnostic device, could simply plug it in and read out the fault.

Ah yes, a common misconception.

There is no diag kit on the planet that can tell you what the fault is, it can only tell you the symptoms  :y

It requires a level of care and thought to analyse the symptoms, carry out checks and determine the fault.....

.......and there in lies the problem, mechanics have little understanding of the systems and hence, if its not been seen before or is obvious........willy nilly part changing occurs and the bills sky rocket.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.