Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Occasional chirrup from reversing sensor when not in reverse gear  (Read 2749 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Head unit takes a couple of seconds to boot up following ignition switch on, takes another second or so from engaging reverse to the camera coming on but both camera and headunit take the reverse feed from the reverse light output on the rear SAM, which takes its instruction from the shifter module...

A switch on the gearbox is much more direct ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile

Is that only shortly after starting the car, or all the time?  Mine is instant once the Infotainment has booted, but has the delay if it hasn't.  Which is annoying, as the exact length of time it takes the Infotainment to boot is how long it takes me to reverse off the drive - which often needs 2 reversing attempts due to lover boy's parking opposite...

I'd have to take more notice. It still takes time for me to remember the camera is there to use ...  ;D I just notice it's slow when I use it like you to reverse off my drive

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

I have just discovered these sensor kits are not all identical. The displays all look similar, but the display unit on this car has a switch on the beeper with three positions, left off, right on, and central. Set centrally, it beeps when near, but not when bulb testing. I'll settle for that.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.