Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: There are some clever buggers about  (Read 4386 times)

STEMO

Re: There are some clever buggers about
« Reply #30 on: 18 June 2020, 16:47:07 »

How many of us got pulled over in the days when a stern talking to was enough? I know I did. On one occasion, after a few bevvies, I was told to go straight home and that the bobby would be checking the car was there as he went about his business.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 June 2020, 17:07:32 »

How many of us got pulled over in the days when a stern talking to was enough? I know I did. On one occasion, after a few bevvies, I was told to go straight home and that the bobby would be checking the car was there as he went about his business.
I used to reckon on at least one tug a week back in the day.  Trouble is, every one of them resulted in having to show docs at the cop shop :(
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 June 2020, 21:18:37 »

I used to reckon on at least one tug a week back in the day.  Trouble is, every one of them resulted in having to show docs at the cop shop :(

I used to make an almost weekly trip from home to Rosyth in my MKIII Cortina ..... I'd get stopped at least once each way  :-X 3 times one way was the record.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 June 2020, 22:11:43 »

I used to make an almost weekly trip from home to Rosyth in my MKIII Cortina ..... I'd get stopped at least once each way  :-X 3 times one way was the record.

I was always getting pulled over in my MKIII Cortina. I blamed it on my spotlights, twangy aerial and wider wheels but my Dad said that it wasn't normal to be stopped so often so it must be my driving habits that caught their attention.
One day he called out " I'm just going down the Chip Shop, I'll take your car as you're blocking me in on the driveway". The Chip Shop is only a quarter of a mile away but he was gone for quite a while. When he returned my Mum asked what had taken him so long, and he replied that he'd been pulled over.  ;D  I said "See, I told you it was the car and not my driving".  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 June 2020, 22:14:22 »

I was always getting pulled over in my MKIII Cortina. I blamed it on my spotlights, twangy aerial and wider wheels but my Dad said that it wasn't normal to be stopped so often so it must be my driving habits that caught their attention.
One day he called out " I'm just going down the Chip Shop, I'll take your car as you're blocking me in on the driveway". The Chip Shop is only a quarter of a mile away but he was gone for quite a while. When he returned my Mum asked what had taken him so long, and he replied that he'd been pulled over.  ;D  I said "See, I told you it was the car and not my driving".  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19 June 2020, 10:08:48 »

Sounds like you had a classy Cortina!  :y

Was the aerial one of those big fiberglass affairs that clipped back to the gutter? or maybe a big magmount CB aerial?  ;D

Furry dice? Sunshade strip with names? Kevin & Sharon?  :P  :D  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19 June 2020, 10:29:14 »

Poor fella was just a victim of mistaken identity. PC Plod thought it was the reprobate son driving, and up to no good. Obviously.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19 June 2020, 11:11:47 »

Sounds like you had a classy Cortina!  :y

Was the aerial one of those big fiberglass affairs that clipped back to the gutter? or maybe a big magmount CB aerial?  ;D

Furry dice? Sunshade strip with names? Kevin & Sharon?  :P  :D  :)

It was chavtastic. Wolfrace alloys, Cibie Super Oscars (2 up, 2 down rally style), twangy DV27 CB aerial, rear window louvre (yeh, that's embarrassing now I think of it) and rear for lights that were switchable for extra brake lights. Oh, and 3 sets of musical airhorns.  ;D  The engine was modified 2.0 with a custom made zorst.  :y It was very tidy but thinking back I was cruel to it the way I drove it.  :)
And yes TB, It may surprise you, being the quiet person that i am, I did drive in a way that drew attention to myself.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.