Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Drink driving  (Read 6313 times)

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
Drink driving
« on: 04 March 2016, 12:06:59 »

Swmbo works with at mates house with her and the neighbour there drink drives he has already been done in the past for it by the way a couple of weeks back they reported him to the police to say he was driving his car , basically he was caught driving and he and the car were taken home so all good there but since then he has been seen driving while drunk so they reported him again only to be told unless he has been seen drinking they can not do anything more until he goes to court
So does that mean he can carry on driving until he has the licence taken away ??

Crazycarzowner

Re: Drink driving
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2016, 13:10:41 »

Dangleberrys!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

He's still allowed to drive until his court hearing in which he'll get banned, but there is nothing stopping plod pulling him again in the mean time if he's still driving whilst P1$$ed.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2016, 15:21:32 »

I believe, if he pleads not guilty at his first court appearance, his licence will be suspended until the case is heard.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2016, 16:22:35 »

I believe, if he pleads not guilty at his first court appearance, his licence will be suspended until the case is heard.

How does this work if he is four times over the drink drive limit?

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2016, 16:33:10 »

How does this work if he is four times over the drink drive limit?

Depends what mood the judge is in  ::) ::) ::) however in the cases I've had they will get an intrim ban.

BUT one female who I stopped at 3.30pm picking her 5yr old daughter up from school, blew 130, was bailed from when I stopped her Sept 2014 to Jan 2016 when her case was heard. Banned from driving for 2 1/2 years and has to go on a rehabilitation programme.  ::) ::) ::)

« Last Edit: 04 March 2016, 16:39:19 by Jasonm »

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 March 2016, 20:10:10 »

Seems a crazy system surely if he has been caught he shouldn't be allowed to drive again until he has been to court and only allowed to drive if for some reason the court let him off the bloke is apparently an alcoholic he drives to the shop parks up in lay-bys drinks in the car and then drives home he lives out in the middle of nowhere which is probably why he gets away with it seems totally wrong to me to let him drive if he has been caught  >:(

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 March 2016, 20:13:39 »

I just read my first post it should have read he was caught drink driving  not just driving his car

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #7 on: 04 March 2016, 20:24:27 »

LFF64, Your right, however until they've been to court innocent until proven guilty.

Depending on the specific details of the case representations can be made by the prosecution and intrim bans put in place i.e. previous convictions for such, rtc's resulting in death / life changing circs, medical reports.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2016, 20:27:43 »

The girl i was on about before STILL drives & is a raging alcoholic, been trying to  catch her at it for the past 2 months since the trial but due to numbers I'm never on the same beat. She'll come again, hopefully before she causes damage to someone else  ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 04 March 2016, 20:54:12 »

The girl i was on about before STILL drives & is a raging alcoholic, been trying to  catch her at it for the past 2 months since the trial but due to numbers I'm never on the same beat. She'll come again, hopefully before she causes damage to someone else  ::)
As frustrating as I am sure that is, what would catching her again do? Especially if you're specifically targeting them as an individual :-\

Not condoning her behaviour in any shape, but legally, is it better for her to be caught bang to rights following a serious rtc than risk CPS throwing it out and a misconduct charge for victimisation :-\

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #10 on: 04 March 2016, 21:05:26 »

Of course we target them just as we target any disqual driver / non insured etc...

If they're actually doing it still (and my homework tells me this) how can it be seen as victimisation. I've stopped people for no insurance, seized their car, gave them the ticket. Few weeks later same fellow driving about still no insurance I pulls him and he played the 'you've just got it in for me' card. 'Yes' says I 'and until you get  insured I'll keep pulling you'.

He then complained & my Inspector laughed  ;D ;D ;D

With her she (could) loosely put  ::) end up inside. I have no qualms about stopping her, (she was that bladdered she wouldn't recognise me anyway  ;D ;D ;D ) and we are lucky to have new supervision who WILL back us up.
« Last Edit: 04 March 2016, 21:07:42 by Jasonm »

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 04 March 2016, 21:11:43 »

I've seen TVs programmes where cops actively go out to sit and wait for a banned driver to get in their car. It's called proactive policing.
If they were to wait until he killed someone before nicking him, I don't think the family of the victim would be too impressed.

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 04 March 2016, 21:23:24 »

I've seen TVs programmes where cops actively go out to sit and wait for a banned driver to get in their car. It's called proactive policing.
If they were to wait until he killed someone before nicking him, I don't think the family of the victim would be too impressed.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 04 March 2016, 21:58:59 »

Cat got yer tongue, lad?  ;D

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 March 2016, 22:10:42 »

Cat got yer tongue, lad?  ;D
hahaha il take it as  he took it the same as me and agreed with your proactive policing  :y
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.