Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Drink driving  (Read 6321 times)

05omegav6

Re: Drink driving
« Reply #15 on: 04 March 2016, 22:12:14 »

I've seen TVs programmes where cops actively go out to sit and wait for a banned driver to get in their car. It's called proactive policing.
If they were to wait until he killed someone before nicking him, I don't think the family of the victim would be too impressed.
Cat got yer tongue, lad?  ;D
Nah, obviously pressed enter rather than back :D

Targeted patrols/operations are one thing, (and effective too), just suggesting that it's a fine line.
The victim perspective is irrelevant,  as a pound bets ten that if the shoe were on the other foot then they would be playing the 'picking on me/haven't you got criminals to catch' approach...

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 04 March 2016, 22:15:24 »

I've seen TVs programmes where cops actively go out to sit and wait for a banned driver to get in their car. It's called proactive policing.
If they were to wait until he killed someone before nicking him, I don't think the family of the victim would be too impressed.

Targeted patrols/operations are one thing, (and effective too), just suggesting that it's a fine line.
The victim perspective is irrelevant,  as a pound bets ten that if the shoe were on the other foot then they would be playing the 'picking on me/haven't you got criminals to catch' approach...
They are criminals.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #17 on: 04 March 2016, 23:36:38 »

The girl i was on about before STILL drives & is a raging alcoholic, been trying to  catch her at it for the past 2 months since the trial but due to numbers I'm never on the same beat. She'll come again, hopefully before she causes damage to someone else  ::)
As frustrating as I am sure that is, what would catching her again do? Especially if you're specifically targeting them as an individual :-\

Not condoning her behaviour in any shape, but legally, is it better for her to be caught bang to rights following a serious rtc than risk CPS throwing it out and a misconduct charge for victimisation :-\

Thats surely a bit of a stupid viewpoint - how would you feel if you or yours were the victims of a serious rtc in those circumstances?  Probably blame the police for not being proactive.  ::)

They are criminals.

Exactly  :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 04 March 2016, 23:44:05 »

They are criminals.
That they are, but good luck telling them that...

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 04 March 2016, 23:57:01 »

The girl i was on about before STILL drives & is a raging alcoholic, been trying to  catch her at it for the past 2 months since the trial but due to numbers I'm never on the same beat. She'll come again, hopefully before she causes damage to someone else  ::)
As frustrating as I am sure that is, what would catching her again do? Especially if you're specifically targeting them as an individual :-\

Not condoning her behaviour in any shape, but legally, is it better for her to be caught bang to rights following a serious rtc than risk CPS throwing it out and a misconduct charge for victimisation :-\

Thats surely a bit of a stupid viewpoint - how would you feel if you or yours were the victims of a serious rtc in those circumstances?  Probably blame the police for not being proactive.  ::)
Not at all. Shit happens and life goes on... You either accept that or you don't. But why let that get in the way of a good argument ;D

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 March 2016, 01:40:41 »

To Jason.

I take it you have had a marker placed on this prolific drink-drivers car, so any patrol will tug them?

Are you allowed to do that? and if so, I hope you have!  :y
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 March 2016, 11:51:15 »

To Jason.

I take it you have had a marker placed on this prolific drink-drivers car, so any patrol will tug them?

Are you allowed to do that? and if so, I hope you have!  :y

Use to be called covert marks. A post it note with the reg no, etc on the wall in the crew room. It's now called targeted policing.
Hoof'land storeman.

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 April 2016, 22:52:11 »

Oh well latest update on this is the bloke this was about has died , apparently the alcohol finished him off he was taken to hospital after I last posted about him .
 He was told he had major problems caused by the drinking and no way should he have been driving the hospital contacted dvla and he had his license revoked .
The police dropped the drink driving charges too a couple of weeks back

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 26 April 2016, 14:23:08 »

Oh well latest update on this is the bloke this was about has died , apparently the alcohol finished him off he was taken to hospital after I last posted about him .
 He was told he had major problems caused by the drinking and no way should he have been driving the hospital contacted dvla and he had his license revoked .
The police dropped the drink driving charges too a couple of weeks back
That was mighty large of the old bill, dropping the charges due to him dying.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #24 on: 26 April 2016, 14:26:20 »

Pissed drivers should be banned for life.

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 26 April 2016, 14:27:06 »

I guess he was, technically.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #26 on: 26 April 2016, 14:28:51 »

I guess he was, technically.

Even better , if they pop their clogs.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 April 2016, 23:53:06 »

The roads are now a bit safer anyway. :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #28 on: 27 April 2016, 09:09:10 »

The roads are now a bit safer anyway. :y

Yes my sentiments entirely, at least they won't take some innocent law abiding  person's life.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 April 2016, 20:48:21 »

Some ar*e got into the wrong lane at jct44 of A14 this afternoon, realised he wanted to go to Cambridge, (westbound). Came right across to inside lane in front of me, scared SWMBO sh*tless. Must have missed me by a foot, if that. >:(
Was a big BMW 4x4, was so shocked i didn,t get the number. Probably trying to go round the bus that was behind me and the didn,t fancy going all the way round the junction, inc 4 sets of lights, so carved me up instead. Tosser! and relax aahhh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.