Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best cars to own are mostly Renaults  (Read 3953 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Best cars to own are mostly Renaults
« Reply #15 on: 22 April 2016, 17:15:39 »

Only ever had one Renault D311 XFW a Renault 11 Turbo a one lady owner car in beautiful condition & pretty quick off the mark in its day,replaced it with a Subaru Forester when we gained an extra Boxer dog.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 April 2016, 18:22:19 »

Have had two Renaults in the dim and distant past.First up I needed a cheap heap runaround for a short period so bought a 5 with the gearstick poking out from dash centre for £30 sold it after about 6 months for £30 so cost nowt really.2nd one was some time later and was a 20TS enjoyable car to drive[for a front wheeler anyway]very,very comfy and practical too.Paid £175 for that one sold it after two years for £450 :y

Wessex_Electric_Nutter

• Chichester, UK
    • 4 of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 April 2016, 19:15:55 »

Interesting .. the wife's clit has been a reliable, simple to service, cheap to run little shopping trolley for several years now. Not a car I'd choose to do more than 30 miles in as I cannot get comfortable, but, for her, as a shopping cart it has been very good..... its had a few minor things needing in doing, the ONLY major hiccup is the sunroof which leaks like a sieve ... airforce black tape has solved that nice and cheaply .. :)

And for the same reason why I've kept and modified my little clit which is currently my daily runaround car like it has been for the last 6 years. It DOES return 50mpg even for a 1997 car, Had it returning 51.5mpg on the original tyres. Very little to go wrong and so stupidly cheap and easy to maintain as well. Most of it doesn't use special tools. (Unlike some *COUGH* Vauxhalls.)

The Espaces that I own are a different story! One has a very reliable petrol engine that's bullet proof save for the random misfires due to the spark plug wells filling up with water, but the gearbox? I dare not take it out as they are known for eating their automatic ZF boxes randomly. The other has a very good gearbox but has an engine of hell. Spews out oil randomly because of the cam cover gaskets and then if  you are unlucky, the cam cover also distorts. While this carnage goes on, your dephaser pulley starts to destroy itself (its metal and rubber after all), while simultaneously feeding the turbo via the exhaust gas recirculation valve - with oil. And then that gets into the auxillary drive belt and eventually... the cambelt. Bye bye engine. I've read that the dephaser pulley also destroys the cambelt if it is left too long.
If that wasn't enough, then you got the injectors which randomly clog up and stop the engine working. Because the injectors are often coded which I am not sure how they are installed, but I'm told its not as simple as plug and play.

When they work however, they are the most versatile vehicles I've ever owned and one friend calls it "her limo".
Vehicles:
1997 Renault clit (D7F)|2001 Renault Espace (G9T)|2001 Renault Espace (L7X)|1998 Vauxhall Omega (X25XE)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 April 2016, 21:31:16 »

Renault Megan with the huge butt. According to my mate who has one they're a joy to drive. According to me they're horrible to work on as I'm the guy who does his repairs.

Came to me with a leaking rad yesterday. Was very tempted to condemn it.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 April 2016, 21:44:15 »

when my 2.5td was written off I drove it to the scrappy and drove out a W reg 1.6 Renault scenic auto. apart from running repairs, brakes ect it never let me down. also with 110k mileage I have never seen a car keep its oil as clean as that did.. I kept it for 4yrs. I only got rid when this miggy became available.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.