Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hillsborough verdict  (Read 6033 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Hillsborough verdict
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2016, 17:56:11 »

Sorry to sound heartless, but it was bloody ages ago, and no real good can come of it now.

Nobody did anything on purpose, people - rightly or wrongly - did what they thought was best as they could see it unfold.  Lets face it, the root cause was the venue was unsuitable.  But in todays sad society, there has to be blame  >:(

Agree entirely , a very tragic event but so are lots of other things.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 April 2016, 18:12:48 »

Sorry to sound heartless, but it was bloody ages ago, and no real good can come of it now.

Nobody did anything on purpose, people - rightly or wrongly - did what they thought was best as they could see it unfold.  Lets face it, the root cause was the venue was unsuitable.  But in todays sad society, there has to be blame  >:(

but did others do their utmost to cover up their failings & dropped testicles

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2016, 18:41:46 »

but did others do their utmost to cover up their failings & dropped testicles

Like insisting on Dr's taking blood samples from still warm corpses,including kids ,to try and show they were all drunk >:(

If you had been falsely collared for something and found out the coppers had changed the witness statements to implicate you you'd fight it wouldn't you ... how hard would you fight to clear the name of your dead child /brother/father who had been blamed for causing their own and others death by a corrupt authority just to cover their arse, till my last breath I would       

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2016, 18:45:39 »

A few poor/incorrect decisions were made that day which added up to the tragedy unfolding.This would have been bad enough but they then compounded things terribly by all the lies/deceit.The families have fought for justice which now seems to be about to happen.They have always maintained it was solely about the justice aspect but now I hear a figure of £19M in compo being bandied about ::)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2016, 18:51:08 »

Yes wondered when compo would be mentioned , cash could solve the problem as usual. Thought right from the start that was what all the whinging was about.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 April 2016, 19:02:34 »

Yes wondered when compo would be mentioned , cash could solve the problem as usual. Thought right from the start that was what all the whinging was about.

And with Michael Manson QC, on board.  :o
Hoof'land storeman.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 April 2016, 19:02:53 »

£19000000/96 = <£200k or your loved one that was killed due to the ineptitude of others that then tried to pin the blame on anyone else but themselves?

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 April 2016, 21:23:04 »

£19000000/96 = <£200k or your loved one that was killed due to the ineptitude of others that then tried to pin the blame on anyone else but themselves?

It's not just me who's struggling to get peoples lack of understanding then Andy.

Would you mind Tilbo if I popped round your house and subjected your loved ones to a horrific agonising death, squeezing the last breath from them. Don't worry though fella,,,,keep smiling,,, after 27 years of grief and anger at me i'll drop a carrier bag round with 200k in it ?..you're a complete and utter prick!
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

2boxerdogs

« Reply #23 on: 28 April 2016, 21:43:35 »

Whoa someone has dropped their dolly, a very tragic event as I said earlier but all of a sudden £ signs appear.  What will that do bring them back ? Suspend people change the name of the Police Force , it was an accident that no one could forsee, it was not done with intent , but let's blame someone .

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 April 2016, 21:58:57 »

I think this is a difficult one to call, yes, the actual event probably wasn't anyone's fault, poor decision making based on bad and incomplete information. I don't believe anyone should be held culpable for that.

However.

The cover-up is utterly unforgivable. To try and lay the blame at the door of the innocent dead.  >:(

I'm pretty anti the compo culture in the UK but this has rumbled on and on. It must have consumed the lives of those left behind, and all because no one would stand up and be honest. For that, I think they should be compensated and £200k a pop is pretty small beer for the time, effort and happiness they've given up. That's what should be compensated for, not the deaths themselves, what the relatives have needlessly had to go through.

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 29 April 2016, 06:11:59 »

Whoa someone has dropped their dolly, a very tragic event as I said earlier but all of a sudden £ signs appear.  What will that do bring them back ? Suspend people change the name of the Police Force , it was an accident that no one could forsee, it was not done with intent , but let's blame someone .
I concur with Jon...you are a condescending prick.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 April 2016, 07:31:15 »

Agree with the above. But this is now GB-plc 21st century, and somebody has to be accountable, (blame culture).
Accident's don't happen any more, it's always somebody's fault.
« Last Edit: 29 April 2016, 07:33:27 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 29 April 2016, 07:39:02 »

Agree with the above. But this is now GB-plc 21st century, and somebody has to be accountable, (blame culture).
Accident's don't happen any more, it's always somebody's fault.
Are you stupid? Don't answer that.

It's not all about the events of the day, it's about the lies and cover up afterwards. If it was an accident, why go to such lengths to hide the facts for over twenty years?
Oh, and GB-Plc 21st century's problem is that every idiot in the country has access to the Internet which causes them to make foolish comments on subjects they know very little about.

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 29 April 2016, 07:45:00 »

And another thing...of course this kind of investigation would only happen in 21st century Britain, because before that time the bent bastards would have got away Scott free because no one challenged people in authority. Thank god they do now.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #29 on: 29 April 2016, 10:29:03 »

Human nature to lie if you think you might just get away with it & if we are honest we have all done it at one time or another, hopefully without any lost lives.I can speak from experience having made a decision once which could have gone very badly wrong, at the disciplinary hearing I owned up  , the look of amazement on my superiors faces was easy to see .Fortunately common sense prevailed & in fact one of the board admitted he would have probably done the same, we are human we don't know what  the next few moments could bring but we must deal with it immediately.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.