Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-mail  (Read 753 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« on: 27 April 2016, 21:57:09 »

My son lives in a place called Dublin [not the Irish one]just outside San Francisco,he knows I pay some attention to news items involving that area so he's sent me an e-mail today to let me know he's safe and well.It was a news item I hadn't picked up on at the time he sent me the message,apparently a truck hit a BMW which cannoned into 4 other cars on the I-580[the route he takes to work]the BMW burst into flames and the driver died in the wreck[what an awful way to go]the other cars burnt out but no-one else was seriously hurt.Whilst I feel sorry for the driver of the BMW I'm just so relieved my lad is safe and well as he wasn't so very far away from being caught up in the crash.

STEMO

Re: E-mail
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2016, 22:11:13 »

So many of these modern, 'safe' cars burst into flames after an impact, it shouldn't be like that.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2016, 22:19:11 »

News report says that at present the CHP don't know why truck driver didn't apply his brakes!Investigation still ongoing.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2016, 00:09:12 »

It,s a horrible feeling when you are awaiting news of a loved one who could be involved due to their potential chance of being in the vicinity at that time. I had the same thing some years ago with my daughter and son in law. You feel sad for the victim(s) but the relief when yours are ok is a hell of a weight lifted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.