Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what a great engine  (Read 1241 times)

Stargazer57N

what a great engine
« on: 28 April 2016, 14:35:59 »

What a great engine the 2.2 Tdi is to work on with in the omega, so much space under the bonnet making everything very accessible. Forgotten how much I love working on in-line engine compared to transverse.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: what a great engine
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2016, 15:15:51 »

Agreed!

Although in my case its the 2.2 petrol. The worst I've ever worked on was a v6 x-type. Lost the skin on my knuckles just looking at it!

Stargazer57N

« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2016, 20:49:11 »

You want to try the Jag V 12 talk about tight fit! I think they build the car up around the engine. Mind you they're still not half a bad as some of these lunch boxed that pass for cars these days, Citroen C2, Renault Modus, BMW (not so) Mini and the likes.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2016, 20:57:03 »

Before putting a deposit down on my prospective motor, I looked quite seriously at the Aston DB9 and V8V, with a view to keeping it as a weekend only car and running the Mig day to day. Decided against it in the end as I concluded I couldn't afford it if anything went wrong.

However, point of this is the instructions for changing spark plugs on the Aston. Step 1 - remove the engine and gearbox from the car  :o. I'll pass. Thanks.

baggers

• Intermediate Member
  • Heywood, Mcr
    • Omega 3.0 & 2.2
    • View Profile
    • Property for sale/rent Online
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2016, 23:58:05 »

Can't remember the model but it was a Ferrari and it was a 24 hour job to change the spark plugs, and that was the dealer doing it, I think that was engine out job too.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 April 2016, 23:02:12 »

by far the easiest engine I ever worked on was an air-cooled VW. to remove , 4 bolts engine to bell-housing, took weight of engine & remove the mounting bar, two bolts either side of vehicle. one electric wire to remove. I had no car hoist so the motor was jacked up to enable engine to be lowered on my driveway. 

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 April 2016, 23:08:39 »

You want to try the Jag V 12 talk about tight fit! I think they build the car up around the engine. Mind you they're still not half a bad as some of these lunch boxed that pass for cars these days, Citroen C2, Renault Modus, BMW (not so) Mini and the likes.

You want to try working on my Smart Roadster ..... key hole surgery  :y And the back has to come off to replace all 6 plugs

Stargazer57N

« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2016, 00:16:50 »

No thank, those things are just pure evil invented by vehicle designers with no mechanical knowledge what so ever.  And they are definatly not Smart.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.