Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: performance parts  (Read 6392 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: performance parts
« Reply #45 on: 28 September 2012, 15:16:10 »

Elite do a nice type-9 derived sequential too.

None of them are cheap, though, and, if "used" properly, they are not exactly fit-and-forget either.

They are noisy, completely unrefined and cantankerous on the road unless traffic conditions allow them to be abused all the time. For a track only car, though... :-*

Not sure now many of them will take the torque output of a car V8 engine, either. Most applications I've seen have been low-torque revvy tuned 4 pots.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

markrnorton

• Intermediate Member
  • Essex
    • 2.2 & 2.5 Ginetta build
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 28 September 2012, 16:34:25 »

my brother ran a busa powered dax rush for a while, the gearbox was a constant source of all problems.

i like a manual stick !

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 28 September 2012, 16:59:08 »

Can we stay with the omega theme please,  ;) ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #48 on: 28 September 2012, 17:21:05 »

The point is simple... any component.canbe made to fit anything at a price ::) so without a blank cheque, most peoples ideas are compromised by budget, so things are limited to off the shelf mods which are now few and far between, and are mostly cosmetic or handling based :y

feeutfo

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28 September 2012, 21:49:15 »

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28 September 2012, 23:33:17 »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28 September 2012, 23:48:57 »

You've still not told us what exactly you want to achieve.

Engine cone filters decrease performance, you get a better sound, but at a big cost.

There are no real exhaust mods, post cat, the system is quite free flowing.

Possible to do exhaust manifolds, but these would have to be custom made, but I think you will have little gain.

You can't chip a 3.2, so nothing to do there.

Replacement diff's with lower ratio like ex-police ones are quicker off the mark, i've driven one, its quite noticeable. But most are shagged by now and you get higher rpm for motorway cruise, so worse mpg. You want low rpms for high speed (which is what the Omega is all about)

A damn good service will increase performance, but if you are serious about wanting more go, you are going to have to think V8.

If you want "performance parts"  you need to by a Saxo to mod  ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #54 on: 29 September 2012, 08:15:37 »

You've still not told us what exactly you want to achieve.

Engine cone filters decrease performance, you get a better sound, but at a big cost.

There are no real exhaust mods, post cat, the system is quite free flowing.

Possible to do exhaust manifolds, but these would have to be custom made, but I think you will have little gain.

You can't chip a 3.2, so nothing to do there.

Replacement diff's with lower ratio like ex-police ones are quicker off the mark, i've driven one, its quite noticeable. But most are shagged by now and you get higher rpm for motorway cruise, so worse mpg. You want low rpms for high speed (which is what the Omega is all about)

A damn good service will increase performance, but if you are serious about wanting more go, you are going to have to think V8.

If you want "performance parts"  you need to by a Saxo to mod  ;)
Rule no 1 on Modifying a car... Don't ask Tunnie. ;) ;D

Factually, he's right though. There isn't anything simple to increase bhp without compromising some other area of performance, or we'd all have it.

Exhaust manifold is said to be the restriction, so free flowing exhausts and inlet mods have no positive effect at all. ...no after market manifolds exist for an auto, and the ones for a manual fowl the steering on full lock, apparently.
 So then your into diy manifolds and that's expensive. But likely story there would be a top end gain in power at the expense of low down drive ability perhaps?

3.0/3.2 cams into 2.6/2.5 gives good results going by posts here, but to me, buy a 3.2 or a 3.0 in the first place. But each to their own as they say. :)

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 30 September 2012, 01:48:08 »

Rule no 1 on Modifying a car... Don't ask Tunnie. ;) ;D

Factually, he's right though. There isn't anything simple to increase bhp without compromising some other area of performance, or we'd all have it.

Exhaust manifold is said to be the restriction, so free flowing exhausts and inlet mods have no positive effect at all. ...no after market manifolds exist for an auto, and the ones for a manual fowl the steering on full lock, apparently.
 So then your into diy manifolds and that's expensive. But likely story there would be a top end gain in power at the expense of low down drive ability perhaps?

3.0/3.2 cams into 2.6/2.5 gives good results going by posts here, but to me, buy a 3.2 or a 3.0 in the first place. But each to their own as they say. :)
[/quote] Thanks Chris I won't say what I really think of tunnie because I will get banned from here, suffice to say I am not amused at being called a Chav or to get a Saxo. The man is quite obviously a cloth cap person.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 30 September 2012, 08:39:20 »

Blimey, been here less than a month & already not willing to say what they think of me, must be a record.  ;D

From the start, all I have been asking is what exactly you want to achieve. In either terms of power or handling, but you've yet to answer.

All we get in reply is "products"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.