Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My MPG  (Read 3636 times)

dieseldean

• Omega Knight
  • chesterfield
    • View Profile
Re: My MPG
« Reply #15 on: 08 November 2008, 23:22:12 »

i'm not the best example at the moment as my tractor is poorly  :-[   but although diesel is a few pence more per litre much less is used to cover same distance as a petrol. and diesel engines last longer than petrol ones. so although my diesel tractor is pi**ing me off at the moment i still find diesel mig the best car for me :y

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 November 2008, 23:29:35 »

LPG conversion - no more economy, but cheaper fuel

No boot!  ::)  ::)  ::)

I think cutting the boot off will lighten the car, but a bit drastic don't yer think :o ::) :D.

dieseldean

• Omega Knight
  • chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 November 2008, 23:41:18 »

LPG conversion - no more economy, but cheaper fuel

No boot!  ::)  ::)  ::)

I think cutting the boot off will lighten the car, but a bit drastic don't yer think :o ::) :D.

should estates be more economical cos they have no boot ;D ;D ;D

someone once told me that boots are worn on feet and tailgates are fitted to Y-FRONTS ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 November 2008, 00:33:55 »

Follow Chris's advice above^ it is good.

Personally I too have a 4 or 5 mile commute to work and I either cycle or drive the PUG 306 D-Turbo to and from work. The Omega is for weekend runs out of town or when I have to go further afield for work reasons.

The Pug is a simpler, and slightly cheaper, compromise than LPG for me and it is great for chucking the bikes in the boot with the seats down too.

As for LPG, personally I like my boot-space (not enough to drive a hearse estate though ;D), but I am quite seriously considering it now having seen Kevin Wood's engine bay on his 3.2 like mine.

I need to see the figures and how they stack up though before I commit to the money for an LPG system. I'd also have to factor in the costs of paying someone to fit it; I would only really trust a fellow OOF member anyway to do the job. I'm trying to work on Kevin to see if he would do mine. ::)

Horses for courses buddy. :y

e-mail sent   :)
« Last Edit: 09 November 2008, 00:39:11 by entwood »

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 November 2008, 09:27:18 »

I reckon the shortness of the journey is the killer. I do 7kms each way and reach speeds of up to 50-60 mph with only one set of lights on the way and minimal traffic. (A/C on). I can only get 15-16 mpg. Plus I'm very light footed.

Double the journey gives me around 23mpg. Further journeys even better.
« Last Edit: 09 November 2008, 09:28:10 by Omegadoha »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 November 2008, 09:29:47 »

...... Plus I'm very light footed.

With fuel as cheap as yours ....... Why?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #21 on: 09 November 2008, 11:11:20 »

Personally I too have a 4 or 5 mile commute to work and I either cycle or drive the PUG 306 D-Turbo to and from work. The Omega is for weekend runs out of town or when I have to go further afield for work reasons.

The Pug is a simpler, and slightly cheaper, compromise than LPG for me and it is great for chucking the bikes in the boot with the seats down too.

As for LPG, personally I like my boot-space (not enough to drive a hearse estate though ;D), but I am quite seriously considering it now having seen Kevin Wood's engine bay on his 3.2 like mine.

I need to see the figures and how they stack up though before I commit to the money for an LPG system. I'd also have to factor in the costs of paying someone to fit it; I would only really trust a fellow OOF member anyway to do the job. I'm trying to work on Kevin to see if he would do mine. ::)

You boot is actually more awkward to use than mine, I can get a lot shoved on top of the tank and between the tank and rear seats, my amp is in this gap.

That said I haven't tried getting a TV stand in mine

Martin_1962

« Reply #22 on: 09 November 2008, 11:15:08 »

I get high teens but 2.6 auto, 30 miles a day, 6 of them in town in heavy traffic the other 24 or so on country lanes.

barclay03

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 November 2008, 11:20:41 »

i get close to 30mpg with mixed driving... but dont get me wrong, ive got a very heavy right foot aswell :lol:

Filled up last week, trip is on 250ish miles and still got 20 litres according to the fuel gauge, thats been a few long trips but plenty of short ones to shops etc aswell :-/

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 November 2008, 11:22:17 »

3 weeks ago i was getting 18-20mpg just driving about locally, since ive changed my ht leads it seems to have gone downhill. was showing 13.6 earlier this morning.

feeutfo

« Reply #25 on: 09 November 2008, 11:31:42 »

3 weeks ago i was getting 18-20mpg just driving about locally, since ive changed my ht leads it seems to have gone downhill. was showing 13.6 earlier this morning.

Maybe cheque your vac pipes to multi rams. May have been pulled off during the work on ht leads ?

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 November 2008, 11:47:21 »

i will take the plenum off and have a good look about, check the leads are all in right place, dis pack and so on. check for leaks everywhere.

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 November 2008, 16:09:17 »

e-mail sent   :)

Cheers for that Entwood. Would it be fair to consolidate the two sets of data from each of the worksheets?

I did this and came up with some calulations (attached in a reply e-mail). 1st question is that there is a hard coded 2173.8. Is that the cost of the LPG kit fitted?

When I was speaking to Kevin Wood recently about the kit has has on his 3.2 he was implying a cost of about £750, although he did fit it himself.

Now if I were to work on his figures plus a chunk for fitting, say £1000, I come up with the following...

[/td][/td][/td]

Cost            
Days so far            
Months so far            

CALCULATED (on mileage from your sheet)            
Miles p/annum (calc.)            

Rate of payback (years)            
Rate of payback (Months)            

Date of payback            
Date from now            

ESTIMATED (on mileage p/annum entered)            
Miles p/annum (est.)            

Rate of payback (years)            
Rate of payback (Months)            

Date of payback            
Date from now            
[td]

Actual
£2,173.80

09/11/2009
04/05/2010

10/10/2010
20/02/2011
[td]

[td]

Cheap
£1,000.00

21/01/2009
16/07/2009

17/07/2009
27/11/2009
[/table]
« Last Edit: 09 November 2008, 22:14:51 by Albatross »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 November 2008, 16:41:43 »

Yup the 2173.80 was the total cost of having the job done, the analysis figures on the bottom of page 2 are consolidated figures anyway, calculations are continuous :) as the B/F figures from page 2 row 4 are included in row 35 - which is where the analysis figures are sourced from .. :)

The figures right now are very much like the figures were whilst in France .. as petrol has dropped and - round here - LPG has not :( but still saving around 6 pence / mile

Never got a reply e-mail BTW .. :(
« Last Edit: 09 November 2008, 16:43:02 by entwood »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 November 2008, 17:07:00 »

Cost to upgrade mine was £700 exactly for the kit of all parts delivered.

Mine's currently averaging about 22 mpg on gas @ 51.9p/l 10.7p/mile plus a little petrol for starting

On petrol it averaged at best 26 mpg. @92.9p/l 16.2p/mile.

So, payback would be in 12700 miles at today's prices however, I believe petrol prices have done their dropping now, and LPG maybe has a way to go. I n any case I was saving 10p a mile when petrol was up at £1.20.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.