Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brake Pad Change  (Read 3997 times)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Brake Pad Change
« Reply #45 on: 05 August 2006, 18:54:48 »

1 of bottles i got from the motorstore in brackley seams to be leaking a little  >:(

Just a bit moist around the cap.

Your welcome to use 1 of the 500ml bottles i got, i can easily get another one. Take it as a thanks for showing me what to do....

How long has it been like this? Brake fluid should only be used from sealed containers, the stuff absorbs moisture from the air so any open container should be discarded. I wouldn't use the fluid from a botle that has been opened for a while.

Alas, no more Omegas....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 05 August 2006, 18:57:46 »

i have not opened the bottle yet.. its still sealed closed. But a tiny bit a of fluid seams to be leaking from the edge of the cap  >:(

Only just happend today since i bought it around 4pm ish....

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 03 February 2010, 13:09:41 »

I don't know what you've undone, but unless they've changed it on later models, you only need to undo the bottom bolt next to the concertina rubber. Then the whole calliper swivels upwards.
You only need to remove the calliper completely if you are changing the disk, or fitting a new calliper.
And be careful with it, when I did mine the top pin; where the other concertina rubber is; slid out and the calliper ended up swinging on the flexible pipe. It's not fixed in solid. Not a good idea!
I got my new pads from Vx and they came with new bolts. If yours didn't then you will need some thread locking compound, or whatever it's called these days.

Yeah you only need to undo the 1 nut.
I took off the one with the concetina rubber bit, and the caliper swings upward.... now removed both pads (sensors snapped)

And tbh the pads don't look too bad....

Outside front pad...

Inside front pad....

brand new GM pad...

I thought you didnt do text speak tunnie? you said its "just stupid and lazy people that do that". ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 03 February 2010, 13:25:19 »

I thought you didnt do text speak tunnie? you said its "just stupid and lazy people that do that". ;D

Bl00dy hell Dave! What were you looking for to find this? Tunnie was still a student when he posted this!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 03 February 2010, 13:50:57 »

Bl00dy hell Dave! What were you looking for to find this? Tunnie was still a student when he posted this!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
I was looking for brake pad change. Tunnie was ranting on the other day how only stupid and lazy people use text speak. He even went on about how its quicker to write "one" istead of 1 ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03 February 2010, 13:54:34 »

Nothing in that thread is txt speak, its being used in the correct context, 1 item, not typing, "Hi every1" or "ne1"

stop looking for a fight, trawling up threads from over 3 years ago, give it a rest.
« Last Edit: 03 February 2010, 14:11:46 by tunnie »

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03 February 2010, 14:22:22 »

Nothing in that thread is txt speak, its being used in the correct context, 1 item, not typing, "Hi every1" or "ne1"

stop looking for a fight, trawling up threads from over 3 years ago, give it a rest.
Calm down :)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03 February 2010, 15:54:39 »

I am impressed that from being a 'student' in 2006, Tunnie seems now to be one of the most prolific posters of advice. Only hope I can achieve so much so quickly. ::) 8-) :y
« Last Edit: 03 February 2010, 15:55:07 by ci643215 »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 03 February 2010, 15:57:36 »

I am impressed that from being a 'student' in 2006, Tunnie seems now to be one of the most prolific posters of advice. Only hope I can achieve so much so quickly. ::) 8-) :y

When i first joined, had no tools, never touched a car before. I had to go to one of the admins up the road for help on an oil change  ::) Previous car did 20k on the same oil  ::)

This thread is actually from a project car i bought in 2006 to practice on, just went from there  :y
« Last Edit: 03 February 2010, 15:57:48 by tunnie »

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 03 February 2010, 16:08:31 »

When i first joined, had no tools, never touched a car before. I had to go to one of the admins up the road for help on an oil change  ::) Previous car did 20k on the same oil  ::)

This thread is actually from a project car i bought in 2006 to practice on, just went from there  :y

I am very impressed, well done. :y :y :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 03 February 2010, 16:14:10 »

I'm most impressed by the fact that he is still alive :o having read of his attempt at changing the pads by unscrewing the flexi hose banjo :D

I'm also impressed by how far he has progressed in the intervening years  :y

"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 03 February 2010, 16:22:43 »

I'm most impressed by the fact that he is still alive :o having read of his attempt at changing the pads by unscrewing the flexi hose banjo :D

I'm also impressed by how far he has progressed in the intervening years  :y

Exactly reason i bought my first project, was cheap, practicaly worthless. My facelift at the time was still worth £2k, wanted something i could mess around with  :)

Cheers for kind words  :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.