Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peeps opinion on this meega pls  (Read 10145 times)

Taxi_Driver

Peeps opinion on this meega pls
« on: 06 August 2006, 18:04:54 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9858&item=220014451924

Anyone any experience of the seller??

I nearly bought it this morning.....its now been relisted....i was put off coz no one else bidded..even tho there was quite a bit of interest in the questions bit....tho it was on for starting bid £5k no reserve.

It has been a cat d insurance write off....tho apparently only needed new front bumper/bonnet/wing/headlamp.....which seems a bit strange to me.....for the insurance to write it off....with so little needed.

I am guessing the reserve is around the £5k mark.

I was really looking for a dual fuel Veccy 03 or 53 plate for about £4k ish, 80k ish miles or lower.....but they are blinking hard to find for that money......i know thats auction price really but they are hard to find at auction as well!  ( i have looked....run up over 30 squid on fax back services last month!)

I think the seller has pics before the repair so think i will email him and ask for them....then post em here so you can see the pre repair accident damage

Cheers

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: Peeps opinion on this meega pls
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2006, 18:08:24 »

Hmmmmm

Although it looks nice, something in my trading head says no.

Dont know what yet but i dont like this one myself and would want to see the pics of before and after, as well as reciepts for repair.

Maybe its because its a private auction and becuase its preapproved bidders only.And that bidders are not named - its a classic way to shill bid ( to bid up your own items)

sorry i have no constructive feedback and, so far, working on instinct .......( off to look again)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2006, 18:19:02 »

Other thing that i wondered about.....it doesnt say what model it is.....and its been debadged....its got CD wheels on it.....but HID headlamps....CDX??? with cow added???

Interested really coz its been converted to LPG and as in the add that does cost about £1800

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2006, 18:24:54 »

Hmmmmm

Although it looks nice, something in my trading head says no.

Dont know what yet but i dont like this one myself and would want to see the pics of before and after, as well as reciepts for repair.

Maybe its because its a private auction and becuase its preapproved bidders only.And that bidders are not named - its a classic way to shill bid ( to bid up your own items)

sorry i have no constructive feedback and, so far, working on instinct .......( off to look again)

Your feedback is constructive  :) thanks

Ive just emailed asking for the pics

Is it preapproved bidders?? I see bidders are not named....but to 'shill' bid you can have other accounts to do the same thing....i know  ;D

Cheers

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2006, 18:37:50 »

It has:

Wheels - from CD

Radio - from CDX

HID Xenon - CDX/Elite

Leather, Heated rear seats - Standard on Elite

So a bit confusing... Probably be September 2002 they had all those extra options thrown in.

TD, if you are after fuel economy, does it not make more sense to stick to 2.2 auto (and maybe have it converted it yourself if you can't find one already converted) instead of the V6?

Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2006, 18:38:57 »

Dave, I agree, something in my water tells me 'Don't touch it with a barge pole'.

Can't give a reason why, except, can't remember the name of the company, but isn't it something to do with the one everyone slated on the other site.

LB or someone like that should recognise it.
I like red cars

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2006, 18:57:31 »

Dave, I agree, something in my water tells me 'Don't touch it with a barge pole'.

Can't give a reason why, except, can't remember the name of the company, but isn't it something to do with the one everyone slated on the other site.

LB or someone like that should recognise it.

You thinking Sterling Motors that later became 'Car Auctions' or something like that?

Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2006, 19:02:10 »

Yes, that's the name MJ, smells of them, don't you think? Could be wrong, very wrong, in which case I appologise to the seller.
I like red cars

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2006, 19:31:52 »

Other thing that i wondered about.....it doesnt say what model it is.....and its been debadged....its got CD wheels on it.....but HID headlamps....CDX??? with cow added???

Interested really coz its been converted to LPG and as in the add that does cost about £1800

A bit confusing, the "zenon" (Xenon?!) could just refer replacement standard bulbs, not necessarily HIDs (hmmm, but headlight wash...). The de-badge-ing confused me - but quite a good spec from what's written. You'd have expected him to get a new MOT done though, 6 weeks would warn me off the car without a good inspection (especially if he's had the old MOT reissued for the new plates).

"Heated Front ... screen" - new one on me. Or does he just mean the blower :)  

Hmmmm, personally, worth a look if local, but I certainly wouldn't buy blind. Unless the price is right :)   (within a few hundred of the starting price)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2006, 19:43:45 »

It has:

Wheels - from CD

Radio - from CDX

HID Xenon - CDX/Elite

So a bit confusing... Probably be September 2002 they had all those extra options thrown in.

TD, if you are after fuel economy, does it not make more sense to stick to 2.2 auto (and maybe have it converted it yourself if you can't find one already converted) instead of the V6?

Not by Sept 2002 they didnt....mines a mid 2003 CD and it only had the standard CD spec.

Well TBH....i dont think the V6 2.6 will do any less to the gallon on lpg than my 2.2 does....the best its ever done....was 25mpg on a 360 mile run and i dont drive it hard.....well not counting last Friday  ;D

I was looking at renting it out....an addition to my small fleet

Cost wise....it sorta makes sense....and maybe too much of good deal to be true....
If say £5k.....minus £1.8k....and thats a bit light really for a V6 conversion...so say £2k....
Thats £3k for the car......if you see where im coming from  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2006, 19:46:12 »

You planning to use it as your main work car TD and ditch the estate??

If so are you sure your going to have enough room in the boot? - I went and looked at a pre-facelift MV6 which was LPG'd and although the boot space as still quite good, no way near what you have at the moment.

If you do a lot of airport runs, then your not going to get many suit cases in there.....

I'd stick with your 2.2... I know its a little rough and does not have the same go go go that the V6's do... but i think you will have problems with space & customers bags...

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2006, 19:49:17 »

I'd stick with your 2.2... I know its a little rough

I beg your pardon Tunnie.......theres nothing rough even a little about my 2.2 estate  :o

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2006, 19:54:53 »

sorry i meant 2.2's in general are a little 'rough' and not quite as smooth the V6's...

did't mean your car specifically!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #13 on: 06 August 2006, 20:05:03 »

sorry i meant 2.2's in general are a little 'rough' and not quite as smooth the V6's...

did't mean your car specifically!

;D Didnt think you did m8.....just pulling ya leg  ;D

Most of the lpg converted Omegas used as Taxis in Swindon are saloons....mines the only estate....and thats only coz I got a black lab...who rides about in the back....when im not working.  

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2006, 20:12:06 »

ahh i see you have the sense of humour that most Taxi Drivers have...... crap!  ;D Hehe

I fogot you were in Swindon, thats were i picked up my Project A from... housing estate off the main dual carride way near Asda.

Back on topic... the boot still is massive even with the LPG tank... just depends how many bags you carry really?

If your looking for an LPG saloon they are not going to be common (as you must know)

How about:

Go to a police auction & buy a ex plod Omega (most are auto's)

You should get it at a good price... then get that LPG'd?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2006, 20:25:09 »

...... my 2.2 does....the best its ever done....was 25mpg on a 360 mile run and i dont drive it hard.....

:o and I thought the 23/24mpg from my 3.0 was sh1te!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #16 on: 06 August 2006, 20:26:45 »

The idea is Tunnie i manage to get either a lpg converted Vectra or Omega....cost of conversion is about £1.8k for a 2.2 over £2k for a V6...something im not going to pay if i rent it out....see earlier post about £5k - £2k....see what i mean?

And you didnt come and say hello....when you were in Swindon? tut tut

Ummm theres 2 Asdas in Swindon both by dual carriageways....do you mean Asda Walmart? 4mile 40mph limit  >:( dual carriageway runs right by it.....loads of traffic lights every few hundred yards?

Oh just got the pics of the repaired meega.....will do another post with them

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 August 2006, 20:28:32 »

A bit confusing, the "zenon" (Xenon?!) could just refer replacement standard bulbs, not necessarily HIDs (hmmm, but headlight wash...).

"Heated Front ... screen" - new one on me. Or does he just mean the blower :)  

The headlamp washers suggest it's a proper HID.

I vaguely remember that some Elites came with heated rear side windows - but this was done by having a blower outlet at the top of the inside rear door trim. maybe that's what they were referring to?  :-?
Alas, no more Omegas....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 August 2006, 20:28:38 »

i reset the fuel comp when joining the motorway once, did a 50 mile strech down the m40 doing 80mph.... averaged 38 mpg, the last dual carridge way town bit (still reving to 4k away from junctions) it dropped to 36mpg average.

But i generally get 33 ish from a tank

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 August 2006, 21:01:42 »

On a long run I get 38 ish, but as I do a lot of 'tatting about' my overall consumption is 26+.

This improved from 24+ after I cleaned out the throttle body and breathers.
I like red cars

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #20 on: 06 August 2006, 21:09:16 »

My figures are on LPG....not that silly expensive stuff  ;D

Anyways i got the pics but for some unknown reason im having probs posting em....even on other threads where ive posted a pic....its now broken where it was working b4....so not sure whats going on at the mo.....anyone wanna volunteer to shove the pics up if i mail em to you....

cheers

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #21 on: 06 August 2006, 21:11:48 »

Ohhh and btw the seller said its a CD...he's added the multi cd....hid's and washers....plus the cow

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 August 2006, 21:12:11 »

Anyways i got the pics but for some unknown reason im having probs posting em....even on other threads where ive posted a pic....its now broken where it was working b4....so not sure whats going on at the mo.....anyone wanna volunteer to shove the pics up if i mail em to you....

cheers

mail them this way... or send them over msn m8...

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #23 on: 06 August 2006, 21:17:53 »

cheers

mail them this way... or send them over msn m8...

Cheers Tunnie.....on the way over to you...on email

Kinda looks like a it was a RB project!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 August 2006, 21:26:15 »

Pictures from Taxi Driver....

Looks much worse than the light damages described on the auction!  :o

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #25 on: 06 August 2006, 21:35:19 »

Thanks Tunnie  :)

I guess you can see why it was a cat D insurance write off...... :-/

It's a bit of a way for me to go to check it out  :(

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #26 on: 06 August 2006, 21:47:40 »

Actually....ive decided against it now seeing the b4 pics!

Main reason is.....its silver and i dont like the colour  ;D ;D

Thanks for all your input on it guys  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 August 2006, 21:52:35 »

no problemo  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Er yeah lots of traffic lights, not sure which side its on. But I came to Swindon on the main road from Oxford... the first dual carridgway you hit there, it was off that.

What troubles me these days, any small ish prang and older cars are a right off  :'(

Someone only has to tap me from behind and i bet mine will be declared written off  >:(

See what you mean about the LPG... just an idea regarding plod ones.... And how dare your say Vectra on this site! Pah front wheel drive rubbish  [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

« Last Edit: 06 August 2006, 21:54:10 by tunnie »

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #28 on: 06 August 2006, 21:55:09 »

Wise choice Taxi .... personaly - wouldnt touch it.

keep looking i am sure you will find your new chariot  ;)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #29 on: 06 August 2006, 22:04:47 »

no problemo  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Er yeah lots of traffic lights, not sure which side its on. But I came to Swindon on the main road from Oxford... the first dual carridgway you hit there, it was off that.

What troubles me these days, any small ish prang and older cars are a right off  :'(

Someone only has to tap me from behind and i bet mine will be declared written off  >:(

See what you mean about the LPG... just an idea regarding plod ones.... And how dare your say Vectra on this site! Pah front wheel drive rubbish  [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

Think you must mean Abbeymeads area.....theres an Asda Walmart there....still think it rude you not coming to say hello  ;D

EDIT:
Previous words deleted by Admin: No call for such prolific use of such coarse language!  >:(

:o :o ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 07 August 2006, 08:33:27 by admin »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 06 August 2006, 22:07:07 »

There was a nice MV6 for sale locally around my nans which was LPG'd

Problem was it was a pre-facelift and they wanted 3k for it.

Trouble you might find TaxiD is that dealers will include the cost of the conversion in the sale.

The MV6 i saw was: W Reg, Auto, 3.0, last of the pre-facelifts, excerllent condition, 110k miles but @ 3k

You can get similar millage MV6's of the same age without LPG for less than 1k...

But i guess at your millage you would soon recope the extra costs.....

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #31 on: 06 August 2006, 22:08:15 »

Wise choice Taxi .... personaly - wouldnt touch it.

keep looking i am sure you will find your new chariot  ;)

Cheers Mark....altho im not looking for a car for myself.....looking for another to rent out.....even tho mine does so my head in sometimes.....booked in now at vx dealer for the 4th time for EML being on  :(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 August 2006, 22:15:34 »

how much can you rent a car like that out for? - Is it like a lease scheme were you maintain it, he just puts fuel in it?

I also take it you have to keep to the usual Taxi rules of no older than 5 years? - Which is a shame rules out pre-facelifts

Keep looking a LPG V6 facelift will crop up sooner or later..

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 August 2006, 22:16:49 »

just found this, not sure if its of interest being a 4 pot.....

2000 VAUXHALL Omega 2.2 Automatic,
W reg. 112k, gas converted Estate, Taxed & tested, GLS model, drives ever so well, 2 f/keepers, a/con, e/w, r/c/l, PAS, CD, ABS, average condition. £2,295.
Nat Motors
Telephone: (0121) 689 6354 or (07816) 819147

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #34 on: 06 August 2006, 22:18:34 »

There was a nice MV6 for sale locally around my nans which was LPG'd

Problem was it was a pre-facelift and they wanted 3k for it.

Trouble you might find TaxiD is that dealers will include the cost of the conversion in the sale.

The MV6 i saw was: W Reg, Auto, 3.0, last of the pre-facelifts, excerllent condition, 110k miles but @ 3k

You can get similar millage MV6's of the same age without LPG for less than 1k...

But i guess at your millage you would soon recope the extra costs.....

That would have been too old for me Tunnie....the one on Fleabay i could have got 2 years max outa it....hence the reason of spending dosh on faxback services for auction houses....the auctions i pick on have ex lease cars mostly so 3/4 years old max....and its only Vectras that are proper dual fuel jobbies that kinda age....Yes i do agree with you...LPG cars usually demand a premium....but not £2k extra....and some peeps dont like LPG cars.....'its scarey stuff'  ;D so catch an auction right....and you wont pay anymore for an lpg car than a diesel/petrol  ;)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #35 on: 06 August 2006, 22:22:36 »

just found this, not sure if its of interest being a 4 pot.....

2000 VAUXHALL Omega 2.2 Automatic,
W reg. 112k, gas converted Estate, Taxed & tested, GLS model, drives ever so well, 2 f/keepers, a/con, e/w, r/c/l, PAS, CD, ABS, average condition. £2,295.
Nat Motors
Telephone: (0121) 689 6354 or (07816) 819147

Too old m8.....but thanks  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 August 2006, 22:24:54 »

i went to a car auction for the first time last week, i went to the BCA place at Black Bush.. interesting sales going on.

Shed loads of Renults between '04 & '05

I guess its just going to be luck catching a '03 plate megger going though

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #37 on: 06 August 2006, 22:26:32 »

how much can you rent a car like that out for? - Is it like a lease scheme were you maintain it, he just puts fuel in it?

I also take it you have to keep to the usual Taxi rules of no older than 5 years? - Which is a shame rules out pre-facelifts

I can get 6 years outa em.....yes the rule is 5 years max....in this area anyway...some councils have rules of 10years! But if i replate em just b4 their 5th birthday I get an extra year. So if i carnt get at least 2 years outa them....im not interested.

Yeah i buy them, insure them, tax em, maintain them.....driver just pays me rent and puts the fuel in them

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 August 2006, 22:36:40 »

I can get 6 years outa em.....yes the rule is 5 years max....in this area anyway...some councils have rules of 10years! But if i replate em just b4 their 5th birthday I get an extra year. So if i carnt get at least 2 years outa them....im not interested.

Yeah i buy them, insure them, tax em, maintain them.....driver just pays me rent and puts the fuel in them

If thats the case then i'd maybe go a BMW route.... now before Jamie hits me over the head with a bit of wood...

BMW would be more expensive but, it would keep its re-sale value so much better. Which is much better for you if you intend to buy, rent & then sell.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 August 2006, 08:35:15 »

If thats the case then i'd maybe go a BMW route.... now before Jamie hits me over the head with a bit of wood...

BMW would be more expensive but, it would keep its re-sale value so much better. Which is much better for you if you intend to buy, rent & then sell.

Bear in mind that taxis will rack up miles, which will have effect on resale, even on BMW junk.

BMW junk? Yes - they have high warranty returns, and compounded by the fact that their dealers make Vx dealers seem almost competent...
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 August 2006, 10:46:56 »

Bear in mind that taxis will rack up miles, which will have effect on resale, even on BMW junk.

BMW junk? Yes - they have high warranty returns, and compounded by the fact that their dealers make Vx dealers seem almost competent...

I know they have just as many problems as Merc's these days, but if TD's plan is to sell after renting then he wants a car thats going to keep its resale value the best.

The Omega will be a brilliant car for it, but worth next to nothing when he's finished leasing it.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #41 on: 07 August 2006, 12:35:05 »

Merc/BMW/Vx how much would any of them be worth?....6years old 200k+ miles

A Merc/BM diesel might have a slight edge over a VX but a lpg'd VX would counter balance that.

At the end of the day Tunnie, none of them is going to worth very much, esp when declared as being used as a taxi.

Also you have to weigh up servicing costs.....insurance/etc

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07 August 2006, 14:49:00 »

think your right there... well good luck in finding a nice new LPG facelift....one will pop up sooner or later!  :)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #43 on: 07 August 2006, 17:28:21 »

think your right there... well good luck in finding a nice new LPG facelift....one will pop up sooner or later!  :)

Cheers m8  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] or a dual fuel Vectra  ;D

stuart30

« Reply #44 on: 07 August 2006, 19:32:54 »

Yes, that's the name MJ, smells of them, don't you think? Could be wrong, very wrong, in which case I appologise to the seller.

Its not sterling motors mate...they were when i bought my Elite (which by the way has given me no hassle since buying) based in reading,this chap is Peterbough just down the road from me so call the dogs off.. ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 07 August 2006, 22:35:01 »

Cheers m8  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] or a dual fuel Vectra  ;D

There's that V word again!! Pah back to 'Newbie' status for you!  ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #46 on: 10 August 2006, 21:35:30 »

It has:

Wheels - from CD

Radio - from CDX

HID Xenon - CDX/Elite

Not by Sept 2002 they didnt....mines a mid 2003 CD and it only had the standard CD spec.

Well TBH....i dont think the V6 2.6 will do any less to the gallon on lpg than my 2.2 does....the best its ever done....was 25mpg on a 360 mile run and i dont drive it hard.....well not counting last Friday  ;D

I was looking at renting it out....an addition to my small fleet

Cost wise....it sorta makes sense....and maybe too much of good deal to be true....
If say £5k.....minus £1.8k....and thats a bit light really for a V6 conversion...so say £2k....
Thats £3k for the car......if you see where im coming from  :)

£1.8 is average for a conversion - includes £1000 labour!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.