Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Barnsley Road Wakefield - security issues?  (Read 4503 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Barnsley Road Wakefield - security issues?
« Reply #15 on: 17 July 2019, 22:36:15 »

No they're not,just like all cars they get physically bigger with each succeeding model,ye this doesn't seem to translate into more interior space and if he's gone for the hybrid version he'll lose even more space to the battery/motor.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 July 2019, 23:07:00 »

Decided to go for V90 then  :y

Was this same one you mentioned before?

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 July 2019, 06:18:06 »

I have gone for the environmentally friendly D5 diesel Powerpulse AWD Auto!!! Lots of bits on it. Sorry to see Phaeton go but can see more bills on horizon and price offered by Volvo for it was good. Just about to set off for the north but not scheduled to pick car up till Saturday but might bring it forward. 
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 July 2019, 06:21:36 »

Decided to go for V90 then  :y

Was this same one you mentioned before?

No that was an S90 at Guildford but was not really what I wanted. As I mentioned night have more road travel in France although we have now positioned a passat estate there - from a friend 2008 estate with 40000 miles. If i drive down then not fancying trying to get Phaeton fixed in middle of nowhere

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 July 2019, 07:46:50 »

After you've had chance to "acclimatise" it'll be interesting to hear how you rate the V90.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 July 2019, 09:09:58 »

V90 is I think a nice looking car and if it holds to the Volvo norm it will be comfy too. :y As Sir Tig points out Volvo have followed most[all?]manufacturers and gone for form over function by sloping the rear and cutting down on loadspace.

It's surprising the difference this makes. My V70 is about the same size as it's predecessor the BMW 530d but I've been able to get stuff in the V70 that I wouldn't have been able to with the BMW because of the sloping tailgate. Sofa's for example.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 July 2019, 17:46:21 »

V90 is I think a nice looking car and if it holds to the Volvo norm it will be comfy too. :y As Sir Tig points out Volvo have followed most[all?]manufacturers and gone for form over function by sloping the rear and cutting down on loadspace.

It's surprising the difference this makes. My V70 is about the same size as it's predecessor the BMW 530d but I've been able to get stuff in the V70 that I wouldn't have been able to with the BMW because of the sloping tailgate. Sofa's for example.  :)

I've had Omega estate,w124 Merc estate and now Saab 9-5 estate,biggest load lugger was The Merc by far
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 July 2019, 19:56:21 »

I've had Omega estate,w124 Merc estate and now Saab 9-5 estate,biggest load lugger was The Merc by far
Which given that they are relatively narrow is quite impressive  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 July 2019, 10:25:02 »

Merc's load by was unimpeded by lumps and bumps so made loading easy,it was the only estate I've had that you could lay an interior door flat and shut the tailgate :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 July 2019, 15:46:40 »

I once got a single bed into my Vauxhall Carlton B reg 2. 2

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 July 2019, 16:00:41 »

Merc's load by was unimpeded by lumps and bumps so made loading easy,it was the only estate I've had that you could lay an interior door flat and shut the tailgate :y

I could get 6 fire doors in the boot of a Carlton SALOON and still close the boot
I assume the Omega saloon is the same with seats folded  :-\
900mm aperture between the rear strut/seat back by 2 m to the back of the driver's seat  in a carlton 8)
I really should measure it because i used to get my 1800 scaffold tower in  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 July 2019, 20:20:43 »

I never struggled to get anything in the boot of the omega, beds,chairs, cabinets, engines, interiors..
The posh Vectra, weeks shopping and it's full, and as for leg room, made for height challenged types. O and it drives wwd...
Hoof'land storeman.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 July 2019, 09:09:15 »

To me the purpose of buying an estate car is to carry stuff you wouldn't ordinarily get in a saloon,whether that be dog, builders rubble,furniture or whatever.Cutting down on this capacity because it looks "stylish" negates the idea of owning an estate.The present incarnation of the Mondeo for example while physically slightly larger than its predecessor can actually carry less because of the rear styling and if you go for the hybrid version you lose even more of this capacity due to the height of the boot floor rising to accommodate the electrical gubbins.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 July 2019, 09:57:59 »

It seems that, if a car doesn't look like a squatting dog, it's no good these days.  ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 July 2019, 20:02:32 »

Well I went to Wakefield twice and lived to tell the tale. It seems a nice place. Last went there in the 60s as a bellringer at the Cathedral.

Acquired the Volvo which will take some getting used to with all the technology and it drives itself after a fashion with lane control and adaptive cruise control. Just fitted sim card and enabled all gadgets. Quieter than Phaeton probably age of Phaeton has a bearing on this. So far so good.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.