Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC Mute Issues  (Read 2153 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
NCDC Mute Issues
« on: 24 September 2018, 12:14:24 »

Thought it might be better starting this as a new post incase it becomes easier for any other members having similar issues or want to try and resolve fault with NCDC 2013/5 phone muting problems.

TB kindly swopped over codes  for my  fault nav unit in NCDC 2013 and repaired the original CID back to the working Headunit.All good and everything worked as it should however my Parrot CK3100 when used wouldn't mute the speakers and whilst the phone and Parrot screen all worked it wouldn't allow original use of the phone.This had worked on the original NCDC before the swop so it has been suggested a rare fault occurs within the NCDC,where it wont mute the speakers down, and a possible fix is to replace the back board within the top part of the 2013 .

I have stripped down the original faulty NCDC by removing the nav disc mech and am now slightly confused as to what actually is the "back board".I am assuming it is the smaller of the circuit boards which has the multipug connection with the red 10amp fuse fitted but before I delve further I would just like some confirmation this is correct.It would seem to be secured by a screw at the side of the casing and another in the back,so would it then just pull out of its fixing and the small ribbon cable with the red joiner come apart, or is there any other thing I need to be aware of .

Hope this may assist others and possibly TB or VXL offer their words of wisdom on this please.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: NCDC Mute Issues
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2018, 19:14:20 »

Personally Andrew I wouldn't be swapping boards on the HU at this stage, I would confirm the Parrot wiring is as it shoukd be and nothing has been dislodged whilst youve been exchanging Units.

the Parrot units are pretty simple in how they work, by switching the Speaker outputs for its own internal Amp Output to feed the speakers (or in your case the Bose Amp speaker inputs), they also have a Mute feed sense, normally a single wire the takes the mute sensor from the HU down to ground, as far as I know this is an option, as not all HU's have a Mute output sense, point being  has something changed here.

I dont have a 2013/15 in front of me, or more important the Plug config(s) but from memory the mute sense forms part of the external input to the HU, ie, Traffic Master input, or may have a Telematics sense on the 2015 configuration.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2018, 21:01:37 »

Thanks Chris.

I am reluctant to touch or remove anything now from the working NCDC that is "fully functioning " thanks to TB and his code reading and re pairing of screens,trouble is the phone is quite essential in my case and without it working as before it isn't ideal.

I intend having a good look at the Blue Box for the Parrot unit which is tucked up behind the glove box so fairly simple to get at but do recall it only having a couple of wires going into it from the wiring off the pre built GM plug,just pulling out a headunit and replacing it,but you never know I suppose.

As the NCDC I have as spare had no working Nav it seemed logical I pulled it apart as suggested by TB but as I now don't know what bit is the board I need to swap I will leave alone I think as could see me ending up with the good unit now not working again.

Nearly there though,and Im sure it will get sorted somehow or other  ;) 

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2018, 00:37:53 »

The facelift Omega has dedicated telephone wiring in place behind the glovebox...

Absolutely no need to go to the radio for it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2018, 08:30:52 »

DG...appreciate that, its the Head Unit since swop that is causing the issue.

1)..OriginaL NCDC would mute sound when phone used.This unit was removed from car as nav unit didn't function.
2).Replacement NCDC fitted and this will not mute sound although all other functions work..including fully working nav through CID.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2018, 11:44:04 »

Doesn't the Parrot kit intercept the front speakers and therefore have a sub loom that plugs in the ISO? What I'm getting at is that you do not use the telephone prewiring.

This issue is a relay on the rear board that has failed IIRC. It's just easier to swap the whole board. If

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2018, 12:18:19 »

Swapping the rear board was what TB suggested but as I,m "non -electical" I would require clear instructions as to what part it actually is that requires swopping over.

As previous I have removed the top cover from the original NCDC to expose the nav mech,which I have removed so am just left with the exposed internals.My understanding is its the small vertical board that has the multipin connections with the main red 10amp fuse that needs removing and replacing in the now working unit...is that correct ?

My plan first is to refit the casing and lugs onto the cars original NCDC so I have that back together again.I will then remove the good working unit that's has the issue with muting and refit the now spare NCDC so I can atleast be certain that its the headunit that is causing the muting issue as the Parrott worked fine before it was swopped over.That would atleast establish its an internal issue within the NCDC,not the Parrott,however I cant see how it possibly could be as nothing other than straight swops have been done

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2018, 13:57:08 »

Sorry guys to keep on with this but would like to get it all working as Im sooo close now :D

Have just removed the "good working " NCDC with nav all working from the car.This is the unit which doesn't mute down or give any visual advise of "External Audio " so conclusion with this unit is its not muting

Original unit fitted in its place and when used phone."External Audio " appears in CID and call can be made through unit ,so the fault doesn't appear to be with the Parrot unit .

It is now my conclusion that the muting fault lies inside 1 NCDC and the other is allowing it to work.

As has been advised by both TB and VXLV6 the back board needs swopping over inside the top section of the NCDC....can somebody advise which part this is ideally with a photo if possible...how its removed and any pitfalls removing and refitting,please.

Its sooooo close to getting it all back working after almost 2 years that I hope its within my ability to swop the bits .Thanks guys :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 September 2018, 18:23:58 »

with the top off, and cd mech removed, there are 2 large horizontal boards.  The forward one plugs into the facia panel, rearward has the main multiplug on.

Its the rearward one :y
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 September 2018, 18:53:36 »

Great thanks for clarity and identification .

I was worried I might be that big bugger ,looks quite complicated to remove but I’ve come this far so looks like I’m committed to getting on with it .

1 final question though how do the red connections on the small ribbon cables come apart and is the board held in with screws or just push connections

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 September 2018, 19:27:01 »

Just pull from what I remember.
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 September 2018, 21:56:31 »

Cheers :y

Will have a closer look at the original unit when I next get a clear hour or so,which is now partial dismantled and see if I,m comfortable getting board out ,as I would hate to break up the working unit putting it back in if it seems beyond my skill set. :y

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.