Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New car for wifey  (Read 7368 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: New car for wifey
« Reply #15 on: 04 March 2018, 17:26:50 »

Mo has developed what the doctor thinks is a Bakers cyst at the back of her left knee. She is waiting for a scan, whenever that happens, and has been given naproxen to help with the pain (Jaime will testify to how much use that is).
Anyhow, she could really do with an auto to take the strain off her left knee, so we should be picking this up on Tuesday evening:

You may need to explain that the pedal on the left is not required because the car is an auto. Just a pedal to make it go and a pedal to make it stop.

Be gentle. :)

I thought all cars were auto these days ... all our are.  ???

Oh! I forgot that Gav still likes to be in control ;-)

Yep....his Datsun will have a manual box. :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 March 2018, 18:05:04 »

Mo has developed what the doctor thinks is a Bakers cyst at the back of her left knee. She is waiting for a scan, whenever that happens, and has been given naproxen to help with the pain.......

Sorry to go off track but I cringe when I see that name.

You are probably already aware but those things can be evil bastids if not taken with a counter tablet. We weren't aware at the time but they are intended to be used for two weeks maximum on their own, but as my wife is waiting for a knee replacement they left her on them long term with no counter active tablet. Over nine months later, they had stripped the lining off her stomach, causing chronic heartburn, stomach pains/cramps, but worst of all it was initially diagnosed as stomach cancer.
We went through hell until she was given the all clear. When you go through the many tests they are in no rush to give you any results, sometimes taking over three weeks to let you know.

As I said, hopefully you are aware. I just wouldn't want anyone to go through what we did when it can be avoided.

Anyway, this was something to do with a new car wasn't it. Enjoy.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 March 2018, 18:30:55 »

and has been given naproxen to help with the pain (Jaime will testify to how much use that is).
I found them useful, not as a pain killer, but as a anti inflammatory, and like all tablets, make me sleep like a baby.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 March 2018, 18:51:40 »

Vauxhall’s do offer staggering value, hope Astra serves you well  :y

Our 2014 Zafira Tourer was great value for the money compared to other badges, it’s been great so far.

Making me consider Insignia, for similar money as that Astra get one less than 3 years old. Elite spec, Xenons, leather, etc.

Jag XF is at least 50% more for similar age/spec 

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 March 2018, 19:13:04 »

At the end of the latest ad for Astra it says British brand since 1903,which given the Americans[GM]have owned it since 1929-and had a stake in it earlier than that-and it's now French owned,seems a little incongruous to be making something of the heritage now!Regardless I think I've owned more Vauxhalls than any other brand and must say I like them.Hope Mrs.Stemo enjoys her new car and that she gets well soon :y :y

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 04 March 2018, 19:33:17 »

At the end of the latest ad for Astra it says British brand since 1903,which given the Americans[GM]have owned it since 1929-and had a stake in it earlier than that-and it's now French owned,seems a little incongruous to be making something of the heritage now!Regardless I think I've owned more Vauxhalls than any other brand and must say I like them.Hope Mrs.Stemo enjoys her new car and that she gets well soon :y :y
Thanks, Baza, but I don't think there's much chance of that. Just got back from taking the student for a meal in a fish restaurant in Wakefield (you know, on a plate instead of in paper), dropped him back at Sheffield and driven back to Barnsley. She was in so much pain in the car I thought she was going to burst out crying. It's a worry.  :(

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 04 March 2018, 19:34:19 »

Anyone else would take a few days off but, apparently, the school will explode if she's not there. Stupid woman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 March 2018, 19:34:22 »

Our 2014 Zafira Tourer was great value for the money compared to other badges, it’s been great so far.

Making me consider Insignia, for similar money as that Astra get one less than 3 years old. Elite spec, Xenons, leather, etc.

But look after the bodywork and chassis of the Omega, it will last a good few more years :y
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 March 2018, 19:46:11 »

But look after the bodywork and chassis of the Omega, it will last a good few more years :y

I'm going to fit the sills I bought for mine, but a realistic look at the rest of it means it's not going to get any more attention. Nor am I going to paint the N/S quarter, or tidy the doors and bumpers. It's now at the stage where I'll be continually working my way around the car. I reckon it will be bean tins in 3 years, less if any major mechanical issues occur. That's true of most of the Omegas I see now  - hanging by that last MOT

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 March 2018, 21:26:36 »

Well sills are sorted, it’s MOT time in a couple of weeks. I intend to clean up around chassis section behind front tyres, once spring has sprung, remove all loose crap and slap some waxoyl sealant on it.

Also going to treat it to some new front brakes!

Might even wash it next weekend, it’s filthy after all that snow has melted.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06 March 2018, 12:37:21 »

Does Mrs STMO have any plans for trading in her Astra for something different yet? :)

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 06 March 2018, 13:56:52 »

Does Mrs STMO have any plans for trading in her Astra for something different yet? :)
Yes.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 March 2018, 13:59:11 »

Yes.

The delightful and much admired Vauxhall Signum? :)

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 06 March 2018, 14:00:09 »

Yes.

Don't know, it'll be a few years yet. I'll let you know.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 March 2018, 14:42:59 »

Yes.

Don't know, it'll be about 5 minutes from now . I'll let you know.

Okay. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.