Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3017284 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #18120 on: 28 March 2019, 17:39:36 »

Replaced absolutely nothing because everything works.
👌

You know you're fighting a losing battle against TB, Tilbo... his hatred for anything not Omega Jaguar that he doesn't currently own runs deep ;D ;D
Somebody quite close has spent the last 25yrs having to try to fix design issues on Mercs (only (proper) AMG normally, as Merc don't even bother with non AMG, including the normal case now badge amg).  He used to be able to have any Merc as a company car, so he had the best design MB have been involved in...   ...a FourTwo.  So I know exactly how Merc "designers" work, and its the worse in the industry by some margin.

BMW is a much better designed car, but too common for me, even ignoring the idiot stigma associated.

The Shaguar wasn't exactly desired by me, but was the best Omega replacement I could find. You must recall all the threads ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18121 on: 28 March 2019, 17:41:05 »

Today, looked at said switch, and am reserving a place in hell for the idiot who designed the whole handle thing.

Stripped handle down, and put it all back together again, as gonna need entire passive entry module for that handle.  Although buggered if I can get the screw back in the trim piece to secure it.  Flattened the battery in the process - well, flattened it enough to get the message on the dash to start the engine.

And you reckon Mercedes are shite !
😀😁😂
Reckon? No. I know Mercedes Benz are shite.  Well, anything designed after the late 80s.

Same setup used on most of the high end Marques....Conti part from memory
It is indeed Conti. Thus shite.

But poor Tilbo's parts bin Mercedes lacks any such luxuries...

👌
Fear not, Continental supply MB. So yours will have something on it that will break. Even being base spec ;)
Grumpy old man

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18122 on: 28 March 2019, 18:57:41 »

Today, looked at said switch, and am reserving a place in hell for the idiot who designed the whole handle thing.

Stripped handle down, and put it all back together again, as gonna need entire passive entry module for that handle.  Although buggered if I can get the screw back in the trim piece to secure it.  Flattened the battery in the process - well, flattened it enough to get the message on the dash to start the engine.

And you reckon Mercedes are shite !
😀😁😂
Reckon? No. I know Mercedes Benz are shite.  Well, anything designed after the late 80s.

Same setup used on most of the high end Marques....Conti part from memory
It is indeed Conti. Thus shite.

But poor Tilbo's parts bin Mercedes lacks any such luxuries...

👌
Fear not, Continental supply MB. So yours will have something on it that will break. Even being base spec ;)
.   I'll let you know when it does ,but think it could be a while !

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18123 on: 28 March 2019, 19:43:22 »

No need for technology, a house brick will suffice.
A bit Old-school,
smashing the driver's window would damage a very sort after part ,the glass :-\
because people smash driver's windows with bricks,and need replacements  :P
If you're stealing for parts, which is often the case, a broken window is of no concern. And don't give me 'You'd stand out a mile with a broken window', cause the two traffic cars in Liverpool would probably be miles away/off the road/on tea break/investigating a parking infringement.
I'm not stealing owt Uncle Stemo  ;D

I bow to your age and experience  in the matter :P   :D ;D
We are all thieves at heart, it's in our DNA. It's just that some care more about getting caught than others.
If you saw a wodge of cash lying unattended, and you knew you could have it off with absolutely no chance of being caught, you'd take it. Human nature.
I'd "take it" but hand it in to the rozzers  ::)
someone, somewhere will be missing it , could ruin someone's life to loose it  :-\
but I'm a knob  ;D
most would pocket it agreed  :y
Thank goodness I'm not the only one! (and have done so.)   :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 28 March 2019, 19:46:01 by Shackeng »

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #18124 on: 31 March 2019, 06:44:54 »

And on the eigth day, god created thunder. He saw that it was good. Man saw that it was good and called it V8. MMMMMMMMM.... V8 :y :y :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18125 on: 31 March 2019, 07:45:00 »

And on the eigth day, god created thunder. He saw that it was good. Man saw that it was good and called it V8. MMMMMMMMM.... V8 :y :y :y

You're never late in a V8 😎

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18126 on: 31 March 2019, 09:20:25 »

Come on then Keith spill the beans.  ::) Better still, Im almost living at work these days, so pop round and let me have a look.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18127 on: 31 March 2019, 10:33:21 »

The Battlebus was due electricity, so drove it up to Staffordshire, to an old disused airfield that the owner lets us use, so we could arse around with some RC planes and quadcopters.

I needed the massive space available to test a couple of bits on 2 of the quadcopters.  One was on an experimental setup (and it worked as well as could be expected given its a lethargic thing, and it was pretty gusty).  The other one was a firmware update to combat a GPS issue, where automatic Return to Home would pick a random place to call home. F/W has fixed that...  ...something I could have done with a week or so ago, when I was flying it on a secluded beach, and it was looking to be determined to go swimming in the North Sea ;D

Battlebus always goes better after some use, gearbox issues aside, though did try to give me heart failure when the Check Oil Level popped up at speed ;D

Oil topped up, car reabandonned.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18128 on: 31 March 2019, 11:38:08 »

The Battlebus was due electricity, so drove it up to Staffordshire, to an old disused airfield that the owner lets us use, so we could arse around with some RC planes and quadcopters.

I needed the massive space available to test a couple of bits on 2 of the quadcopters.  One was on an experimental setup (and it worked as well as could be expected given its a lethargic thing, and it was pretty gusty).  The other one was a firmware update to combat a GPS issue, where automatic Return to Home would pick a random place to call home. F/W has fixed that...  ...something I could have done with a week or so ago, when I was flying it on a secluded beach, and it was looking to be determined to go swimming in the North Sea ;D

Battlebus always goes better after some use, gearbox issues aside, though did try to give me heart failure when the Check Oil Level popped up at speed ;D

I can see you now... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72OhmRGrLLE

;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18129 on: 31 March 2019, 11:44:42 »

What gearbox issue  :-\

from the manual...
1: painfully slow /check handbrake
2: oh, it's rolling
3: slow
4: still slow ,less noisy
5: moving , oh ....come on focas driver FFS  >:(  now I have to slow down  >:(

I noticed a 2 tone  whine on our Zaf recently ,which i need to look at  ::)

do an engine oil and filter change ,less than the cost of a macdonalds

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18130 on: 31 March 2019, 12:11:42 »

Anyone else spot the dead fish in that video?
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #18131 on: 31 March 2019, 12:38:48 »

Sold it
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18132 on: 31 March 2019, 13:06:25 »

Your always on time with 6 in line.

Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18133 on: 31 March 2019, 13:17:07 »

You're always on time with 6 in line.

Sounds better too.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18134 on: 31 March 2019, 13:40:28 »

You're always on time with 6 in line.

Sounds better too.

A measly 6 will never sound better than a V8 mate.
😀😁😂
« Last Edit: 31 March 2019, 13:47:03 by Tilbo »

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.