Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Scotland introducing 20p refund scheme  (Read 6620 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland introducing 20p refund scheme
« Reply #30 on: 08 May 2019, 23:34:26 »

Corona Cherryaid was my favourite when I was a kid!  :y

Can you still get it?  ???  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 May 2019, 23:42:16 »

Cream soda. Lovely stuff.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 May 2019, 00:09:45 »

I always found Cream Soda a bit sweet and sickly.  :-\

So Corona did Lemonade, Limeade, Cherryade, Orangeade and Cream Soda.  :)

Any others?  ???  :-\  Appleade?  :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 May 2019, 00:18:58 »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 May 2019, 06:50:44 »

I laughed at a comment you made. You asked me what was so funny and I explained.

You then got all pissy with me because I asked when you last actually delivered anything.  ;D

Empty cages stack together, ergo a truck that can take 30-40 loaded cages will carry substantially more empty ones. Had you ever handled them, you would know that. But all your experience appears to be in management and as everyone on the floor will tell you, managers never ask the staff what works and what doesn't.  ::)

We had two hydraulic loading docks, which would hold either 6 cages or three full size pallets (you could fit four on but would then have to climb over the railing to operate it and access the truck).

Everything loaded onto the truck was then off loaded via the tail lift which had capacity to carry three cages or two full sized pallets, (without space for the pump truck).

On a good day, each truck had a pump truck and the warehouse had three and each loading bay had three. On a bad day, you were lucky if there was one either end... Rest assured, unloading using a single pump truck takes alot longer... Especially when you are folding and unfolding the safety flaps every time.

And modern staffing practices dictate that you work out how many staff are required, then automatically reduce this by 10%. Then employ 20% fewer staff than that and expect everything to be done to a stupidly high corporate standard. Which was set by a manager who had never done the job in question. And because everywhere is run on minimal staffing levels, the driver has to load and unload the truck, whilst justifying why it takes so long.

Well, you asked...

Now I have a little bit of experience in this field.

99% of CDC take a minimum of 2-3hrs to unload a full 26plt load, at shift start more staff a allocated to loading own vehicles, normally 4 at most for goods in,  loading cages is a flipping ball ache, and as for unloading them, even worse, and when you have a tri-temp fridge with 4 plus delivery on,  moving all the chill and ambient to get 1 frozen cage, then put them all back, then the cages of waste,  then there's the numerous drivers injured by cages rolling off tail lifts, as DG says management haven't a clue what goes on, or even care.

Basically all waste- return for recycling at the de-kit-reycling centre needs to be done by 1 truck returning empty from each store, but the drivers will avoid picking waste up at all cost, as it's a pain to work around full cages of waste.

Drop 1 tip full cages, collect waste.
Drop 2 move full cages of waste, unload moving full product cages from back and front, reload them cages, put more waste cages on. 
Hoof'land storeman.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09 May 2019, 08:49:47 »

Corona Cherryaid was my favourite when I was a kid!  :y

Can you still get it?  ???  :-\

That was mine as well :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09 May 2019, 09:18:29 »

Surely the recycled items need collecting from outlets like supermarkets, by the recycling contractor?

While on the subject , why isnt there a common uk policy on what can and cannot be recycled? What is Gove doing?

I am staying at my dads and he has a ludicrous recycling regime ( which we follow of course). The best is dirty plastics e.g. packaging that Hunters chicken came in, gets thrown away . Only clean solid plastic ( like a washed out milk container) gets recycled. The conflict between saving water and recycling is clear!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09 May 2019, 10:11:50 »

If only V... Most of it goes back to the RDC so that the managers have something to do can monitor it.

Reality is that it's cheaper to have it collected in bulk from a handful of sites rather than having a nationwide contract in place. Also it means that the empty/dead mileage is reduced as the savings pay for the return journey. Hauling air doesn't pay the bills...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09 May 2019, 10:47:33 »

I always found Cream Soda a bit sweet and sickly.  :-\

So Corona did Lemonade, Limeade, Cherryade, Orangeade and Cream Soda.  :)

Any others?  ???  :-\  Appleade?  :-\

Do you have any teeth?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09 May 2019, 11:13:34 »

I laughed at a comment you made. You asked me what was so funny and I explained.

You then got all pissy with me because I asked when you last actually delivered anything.  ;D

Empty cages stack together, ergo a truck that can take 30-40 loaded cages will carry substantially more empty ones. Had you ever handled them, you would know that. But all your experience appears to be in management and as everyone on the floor will tell you, managers never ask the staff what works and what doesn't.  ::)

We had two hydraulic loading docks, which would hold either 6 cages or three full size pallets (you could fit four on but would then have to climb over the railing to operate it and access the truck).

Everything loaded onto the truck was then off loaded via the tail lift which had capacity to carry three cages or two full sized pallets, (without space for the pump truck).

On a good day, each truck had a pump truck and the warehouse had three and each loading bay had three. On a bad day, you were lucky if there was one either end... Rest assured, unloading using a single pump truck takes alot longer... Especially when you are folding and unfolding the safety flaps every time.

And modern staffing practices dictate that you work out how many staff are required, then automatically reduce this by 10%. Then employ 20% fewer staff than that and expect everything to be done to a stupidly high corporate standard. Which was set by a manager who had never done the job in question. And because everywhere is run on minimal staffing levels, the driver has to load and unload the truck, whilst justifying why it takes so long.

Well, you asked...

Thank you DG for your reply :y :y

The reason why I got "pissy" with you was that, yet again, you pick on a small element of my post, this time about recycling pop drink packaging, and seem to make cyclical fun of it.  In this case that as a manager I could never have loaded or unloaded trucks and therefore had no knowledge of the process.

My whole piece was about the RETAIL point of view of handling glass bottles of pop on receipt from the CDC or the supplier direct, and their return in thousands from the retail customer.  It had nothing to do with how the CDC handle pallets and cages, it was my views from a retail point of view. I, however, as part of my 40 year retail training undertook all duties applicable to the safe, efficient, and viable running of a retail store.  I have manually loaded and unloaded lorries in my time, initially without the aid of cages or pallets, just hundreds of loose outers, and back breaking work that was, but par for the course in retailing. I have done everything within my retail field as in my life as a retailer you had to come up from the lowest position, to gain experience and knowledge of all elements of our trade, to ensure as a manager you knew what it was all like in reality, not from the point of view of someone behind a desk!

Once again though you cynically, trying to hide it with the laughs of humour, take one tiny element of my professional views on the handing in the retail sector of pop bottles and crates and make fun of it in an effort to try, yet again, to belittle me as though I could not possibly know what I was talking about (because I am a woman??) and you think I know nothing about anything as only DG knows what he is talking about.

This thread was about bottle deposits at the retail end, with me giving my views on that based on experience and knowledge which is not out of date as you suggested. Nothing less, nothing more. I did not want a discussion about CDC loading and unloading of stock, cages or pallets as that is NOT my field, being just part of the retail distribution process.

That is why I got "pissy". ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09 May 2019, 11:44:54 »

I still think Lizzie and Al will soon become ' an item '...... :-* :-* :-*

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09 May 2019, 11:51:31 »

Time for a new hat. ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09 May 2019, 11:59:26 »

Time for a new hat. ;D
NFL ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09 May 2019, 12:09:18 »

How things used to be done, and how they are now done are very, very different.

Even 15 years ago, you could barely get someone to answer the Goods In bell, let alone help load/unload :-X

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 09 May 2019, 12:52:04 »

How things used to be done, and how they are now done are very, very different.

Even 15 years ago, you could barely get someone to answer the Goods In bell, let alone help load/unload :-X
How big is this bell? And how many and what type of goods do you put in it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.