Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2980052 times)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #18315 on: 05 May 2019, 17:50:41 »

After spending most of saturday cleaning the Monaro, went out in it to its first show today

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18316 on: 05 May 2019, 20:21:10 »

Drove the posh vectra to Peterborough, seems about as economical as the barge,,  so I don't seem to have saved any money.  Doh!!!!
Hoof'land storeman.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18317 on: 05 May 2019, 22:46:06 »

Got the pussy all moist and covered in in white stuff.

Then realised, whilst carry it across the kitchen, my bucket has a huge hole in. So half arsed job.

I had intended to wash the Omega, forgetting she was away for the weekend.

To dry the pussy, I took it for a gentle* drive around, and also a stint on the motorway to let it regen as its only done short journeys lately.

Except when a frisky looking Aston was weaving all over my arse, at which point, when the road opened up and I could get past the traffic, we gunned it, but come braking and corners, he had peas for testicles, and I left him.  Very disappointed. Typical Silverstone visitor, all the gear but no idea.  Much like another Silverstone visitor I saw about 20mins later - I couldn't make out if it was an MX5 or MR2 it was that bashed on every panel.  I'm guessing he swapped ends a few times coming off the roundabout at Baynards Green.

How old are you really Jaime?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18318 on: 05 May 2019, 23:21:58 »

12 :P
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18319 on: 05 May 2019, 23:56:03 »

I would like to know where he finds the clear roads to have all this fun on. The only time I could do that sort of thing around here would be between 2am and 5am.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18320 on: 06 May 2019, 08:20:32 »

I would like to know where he finds the clear roads to have all this fun on. The only time I could do that sort of thing around here would be between 2am and 5am.
[/quote.

He's dreaming again dreamt he thrashed an Aston Martin..
😀😁😂

« Last Edit: 06 May 2019, 08:24:09 by Tilbo »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18321 on: 06 May 2019, 10:12:19 »

Got the pussy all moist and covered in in white stuff.

Then realised, whilst carry it across the kitchen, my bucket has a huge hole in. So half arsed job.

I had intended to wash the Omega, forgetting she was away for the weekend.

To dry the pussy, I took it for a gentle* drive around, and also a stint on the motorway to let it regen as its only done short journeys lately.

Except when a frisky looking Aston was weaving all over my arse, at which point, when the road opened up and I could get past the traffic, we gunned it, but come braking and corners, he had peas for testicles, and I left him.  Very disappointed. Typical Silverstone visitor, all the gear but no idea.  Much like another Silverstone visitor I saw about 20mins later - I couldn't make out if it was an MX5 or MR2 it was that bashed on every panel.  I'm guessing he swapped ends a few times coming off the roundabout at Baynards Green.

How old are you really Jaime?
Mrs TB reckons about 5.  I like to think I have eternal youth!
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18322 on: 06 May 2019, 10:21:55 »

He's dreaming again dreamt he thrashed an Aston Martin..
😀😁😂
I was gutted, as he started well, and I thought it would be good to see how far off the tractor kitty was. But he didn’t do justice to his lovely car.

Having driven a couple of Aston Martins, I know they are skittish in the corners under heavy braking and subsequent getting on the power - like most properly powerful sports cars - so I reckon after the first roundabout he threw the towel in :(. No idea why he didn’t blat me on the next straight though.

I know when I drove one that our resident used car dealer had in the pouring rain, it wouldn’t stay straight on a straight dual carriageway, and I sat me pants as it started to go badly sideways at 90+ with the old bill proceeding up the opposite carriageway. So maybe matey boy yesterday was similar, as roads were a bit damp.

Any speeds quoted are obviously in kph, seeing as I’m a reformed character
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18323 on: 06 May 2019, 10:26:33 »

round these parts, many drive at 15mph below the limit, except through villages were they speed up.

I think that’s why chumley was so frisky, spending 5 miles looking for way past.

Annoyingly, this 15mph below the limits is dangerous - 35mph on most roads here - so people do silly overtakes out of frustration, accidents occur, so the council then lowers the limit further. And I fail to grasp why these people then speed up to 45 in the 30 zones???
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18324 on: 06 May 2019, 11:16:51 »

Its exactly the same here, apart from no-one seems bothered or wants to overtake anyone. Cant remember the last time I saw a car being driven in a seriously spirited fashion. Seems the Essex boy racers have all died out. Or maybe the authorities are putting some calm down chemicals in the water.
You cant begin to imagine how slow my 190D is, and I have also slowed down a hell of a lot in recent years. Yet I constantly get stuck behind people in nice new modern cars being driven much slower than I want to drive in the 190D.
Single lane national speed limit roads are always a maximum of 40mph. Often a lot less.
No-one knows how to drive anymore, and no-one is interested in driving either. Its a sad situation.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #18325 on: 06 May 2019, 11:41:19 »

Its exactly the same here, apart from no-one seems bothered or wants to overtake anyone. Cant remember the last time I saw a car being driven in a seriously spirited fashion. Seems the Essex boy racers have all died out. Or maybe the authorities are putting some calm down chemicals in the water.
You cant begin to imagine how slow my 190D is, and I have also slowed down a hell of a lot in recent years. Yet I constantly get stuck behind people in nice new modern cars being driven much slower than I want to drive in the 190D.
Single lane national speed limit roads are always a maximum of 40mph. Often a lot less.
No-one knows how to drive anymore, and no-one is interested in driving either. Its a sad situation.  :(
I suffer from the same problem every day. I reckon it's because the population is ageing, and there are loads of 60 or 70 or even 80 somethings knocking about. I'm a sixty something, but I certainly don't hang about. The warm weather brings out the boy racers at the same time as the 'lovely day, what's the hurry' brigade. A recipe for lots of dangerous driving, on both sides.

STEMO

« Reply #18326 on: 06 May 2019, 11:45:23 »

Plus, Albs, I agree about the standard of driving. People just pull out from side streets and change lanes when they feel like, and there is no one around to police it. I was so frustrated at a middle lane hogger on the way back from Sheffield last night, that I nearly took his nose off darting back in. The stupid bastard just flashed me and continued to drive along in the same lane. He had no idea about the point I was trying to make.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18327 on: 06 May 2019, 13:37:52 »

The thing that makes me explode on a daily basis is morons who pull out in front of me, causing me to slow down rather than drive into the back of them, and they then drive along much slower than I had been driving.  >:( >:(
Oh for  a rocket launcher mounted on the roof.  8) ;D

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18328 on: 06 May 2019, 21:59:34 »

Chill lads ...Chill.
I took the E24 out up over the gloriously sunny Kerry mountains this afternoon ,surprisingly light traffic ,infact almost zero over my favourite 50 mile return drive . I sat at 40 mph ( opps all you old boy racers ...... ;D ) with roof open and Fourplay playing some cool jazz .  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR9L3aabRK4
Need more days like this .....

Anyway , got home and taxed the Omega € 390 for six months , BANG back to reality !
Took it down ( notice the gender neutrality there ..) into town for the annual bedding plant purchase . Love this car .

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18329 on: 06 May 2019, 23:31:55 »

A drive over the Kerry mountains would relax anyone, even TB.  :y ;D
Although I remember in the late 70,s watching works rally cars being thrashed around that area, being driven on the absolute limit.
Not relaxing, but so good to watch, its stil in my memory over 40 years later.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.