Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possibly a stupid question.... rising water level in the bottle.  (Read 1073 times)

tgm147

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral
    • '02 2.2 Omega CD
    • View Profile

Hi guys.

After having the head gasket done ~6000 miles ago the car has started to repeat some bad old habits. When the engine is warm, and the revs held at say 2000 rpm, the water level in the bottle should go down shouldn't it? Currently the level is rising and there's water tracks down the sides of the bottle as if it has pushed some water out. I can't smell fumes in the header tank yet but it does start very rough then clear up when it's cold after idling for a few seconds. I'll try and take a video.

Just thinking that the head gasket has gone again, weeping into a cylinder slightly.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile

Might be better off in Omega General Help  ;)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile

Hi guys.

After having the head gasket done ~6000 miles ago the car has started to repeat some bad old habits. When the engine is warm, and the revs held at say 2000 rpm, the water level in the bottle should go down shouldn't it? Currently the level is rising and there's water tracks down the sides of the bottle as if it has pushed some water out. I can't smell fumes in the header tank yet but it does start very rough then clear up when it's cold after idling for a few seconds. I'll try and take a video.

Just thinking that the head gasket has gone again, weeping into a cylinder slightly.

Are you sure that the bottle is holding pressure correctly because if there is a small split in it you will get the symptoms that you describe.

ps as said this would do better in Omega help :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.