Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Sale. 2002 2.6 CDX Estate  (Read 3046 times)

albitz

For Sale. 2002 2.6 CDX Estate
« on: 04 July 2012, 20:03:45 »

Bought this from another member as a bit of a project earlier this year. The saga of its demise and resurrection can be viewed in this thread - if you have time to read through it all. ::) ;D
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=97636.msg1223278#msg1223278
I will try to list everything (good and bad) that I can think off regarding the car,so here we go.....

The car has had -
New oil cooler
New HBV
New thermostat
New camcover gaskets
New cabin filter
New oil filter
new coolant
New cabin filter
New oil - GM 10/40 semi
The breathers and throttle bodies have been cleaned thouroughly.
Cambelt kit was changed at 82,000 on 01/02/2011.
It now has 90352 miles on the clock,runs just as it should and pulls like a train. Im quite proud of it tbh. :)
It passed the MOT (with no advisories) on 7th March 2012 and has only covered 3 miles since,although it is regularily started and left to run for a while on my drive..It is currently on SORN.
I have a fair amount of history,old MOT,s etc. for the car.
Overall the car is generally in very nice condition indeed imo, although there are a couple of small car park dings and some chips and scratches which have been touched in,but arent quite  a perfect colour match.The only one I would say is noticeable is at the top corner of the screen where it looks like the windscreen fitter (22/08/2011) has chipped the paint and someone has touched it in.Its approx one inch long (can provide pic if required).The N/S headlight has slight fogging to the lense,but not very noticeable.
It has a towbar with twin electrics fitted.The tow ball was missing when I got the car so I have just fitted a new one.
The interior is also in generally very nice condition apart from some wear to the soft rubber surfaces ,as is usual.The drivers door switch has very little wear but there is  more wear on the centre armrest.There is also some wear on the climate buttons,but Im hoping to acquire another climate panel with no wear on the buttons in the next few days.
Mechanically the car is now in superb condition.You could eat your dinner of the engine its so clean,it runs perfectly and the fact it passed the MOT first time with no advisories suggests the rest of the mechanicals are also in fine fettle.
Tyres - 2 x Michelin, 1 Dunlop, 1 Continental. They are all above the legal limit,but more than half worn,so (depending on mileage covered and driving style) will probably need replacing before the next MOT.
Im asking £1175 ono for the car.Not the cheapest maybe,but its a nice one,and all the usual Omega issues caused by neglect and poor servicing have been sorted,so shouldnt be any major garage bills for a long time to come.
Thanks for looking. Anyone interested please feel free to contact me via PM.

albitz

Re: For Sale. 2002 2.6 CDX Estate
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2012, 20:07:38 »

A/C is nice and cold,stereo works perfectly,all electrics working.

albitz

« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2012, 21:20:22 »

I have the car pass,wallet with booklets including service book. Service book is stamped by Vauxhall up to 2007 (71,000) miles,and thereafter by an independent to 2011 (83,000 miles).
I should mention I only have one key for the car.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2012, 17:55:57 »

6 months too early for me i'm afraid  :'( :'( :'(

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2012, 19:02:10 »

Looks nice does that Albs :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

albitz

« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2012, 21:56:17 »

Thankyou kindly. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 July 2012, 11:49:13 »

Attractive motor, Albs. :y
A sorted car with no large bills looming. Good value for money. :y

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #7 on: 07 July 2012, 21:45:33 »

Looks a bit high at the back, apart from that what a truly amazing all round car for the price, Definitely worth 2k+ if you ask me  :y 

albitz

« Reply #8 on: 07 July 2012, 21:54:27 »

High at the back due to being parked on quite a steep downhill drive with handbrake etc. on. If you look at the pic where the car is facing the other way,the back isnt sitting high. ;)
Thanks for the compliment. :y.....maybe you should buy it and sell it on for £2k. :D

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2012, 23:41:08 »

Car is now on ebay classified.I have had an offer already so I suspect its going to sell,possibly for more than I have it advertised at on here. :)

albitz

« Reply #10 on: 26 July 2012, 17:05:59 »

Provisionally sold.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.