Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exhaust growing hair!  (Read 1636 times)

JimE

Exhaust growing hair!
« on: 17 August 2012, 10:38:17 »

Walking back to the car yesterday after work I saw something hanging from my exhaust, looked like someone had tied a pony tail to it!  Got closer and realised its vomiting it insides out. I guess that goes someway to explaining the drop in mpg and the wierd noise....... Got the exhaust  which was only fitted late May off my other V6 and I'll get it fitted monday, i was going to try it myself but still a bit uncomfortable about lying working under the car after recent surgery.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust growing hair!
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2012, 10:42:18 »

Be aware that if it's at the point of spewing the internals it could block and then explode. We have had a member who experienced this and it also made a nice hole in the side of the petrol tank :o :o

I wouldn't be using it too much until you've changed it ;) You could try pulling all the innards out with a coathanger :-\
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2012, 10:43:31 »

Be aware that if it's at the point of spewing the internals it could block and then explode. We have had a member who experienced this and it also made a nice hole in the side of the petrol tank :o :o

I wouldn't be using it too much until you've changed it ;) You could try pulling all the innards out with a coathanger :-\

Worked for me. :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2012, 10:47:29 »

Coat hanger  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2012, 10:54:29 »

Ah, it's reached that age where it will start asking difficult questions and you may find it becoming interested in lady exhausts.

JimE

« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2012, 11:10:47 »

Yeah the garage mentioned that yesterday, dont need to use it this weekend. Coat hanger is a great idea..... much better than bare skin  :-[ Took ages yesterday to get the fibreglass splinters out!

JimE

« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2012, 11:11:59 »

Ah, it's reached that age where it will start asking difficult questions and you may find it becoming interested in lady exhausts.

it looks like a lady exhaust at the moment  :-[

JimE

« Reply #7 on: 17 August 2012, 14:17:25 »

I have no idea why this has been moved to general help?  I haven't asked for advice or help it was a general conversation about my hairy exhaust, maybe someone can explain why it was deemed necessary to move it when no help was required or asked for?  ???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2012, 14:23:15 »

Guessing it was seen as an Omega related 'problem'  :-\

Dunno, I've been excused OOF moderation duties for a few days :D.
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 August 2012, 16:24:56 »

T'was I who moved it. Meant to put it into gen car chat rather than the omega help one. Moderating on a mobile can sometimes be fun!   ;D:y

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2012, 17:01:20 »

My Miggy was guilty of the hair-ball blocking the exhaust going down the M62(at 70mph) ahem!!   :o :o :o $h!t myself when it when BANG!!!!! it blew a large hole down the seam of the back-box and dented the heatshield next to the petrol tank. It was very lucky it was there if not the tank woulda gone too! & me aswell probably  ::) ::) ::)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2012, 22:17:40 »

Guessing it was seen as an Omega related 'problem'  :-\

Dunno, I've been excused OOF moderation duties for a few days :D.

Really....... :D :D :D   Bet LD will be out being naughty when he reads this....... :-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.