Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After market (pattern) headlights.  (Read 1103 times)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
After market (pattern) headlights.
« on: 08 August 2013, 09:42:39 »

I just wondered if anyone has had issues with pattern headlight units?, Trying to find good original Pre/fl projector units is now getting to be difficult, I know the alloy adjusters are available but one of mine has chewed up the nylon knob thing that the adjustment screw mates up with, I have been offered a couple of these pattern units second hand (but look new) at a good price but as they are already off the car I never got to see if they fitted correctly, So before I commit myself i thought i'd find out if anyone has had problems with these units,,,,,Ta!. :y

chrisgixer

Re: After market (pattern) headlights.
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2013, 11:37:51 »

Depo? If so they give a good beam on the road, although I don't know what bulbs where fitted.

But the build is a copy of a week design, so the adjusters are worse, and there's no lever to switch to European driving either.

...assuming they are Depo. Not aware if another make other than the Polish black background chav me ones.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2013, 12:21:11 »

Cheers Chris, Yup they are the Depo ones, I'm not worried about the lever to switch them over, As for the adjusters inside, How could they be any worse than the VX ones  ;D, Ive got the bulbs out of mine I could use (Osram night breaker) so i'd be using them anyway.

chrisgixer

« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2013, 16:49:08 »

If you can get them set up with the beam at the right hight they are prety good tbh.

If.... :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2013, 16:50:31 »

Oh, just remembered.

I never used the Allen key adjustment, but turned the nylon wheel on the back of the light by hand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.