Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitting a Y32SE to a 1972 scimitar GTE.  (Read 503 times)

MikeyBikey

• Cornwall
    • Reliant Scimitar GTE
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting a Y32SE to a 1972 scimitar GTE.
« Reply #15 on: 13 June 2019, 20:45:16 »

Great stuff and reassuring re gearbox.
I'v got a couple of pictures of engine and me racing but can't fathom out how to add them  to this blog ?

Thank for the offer re exhausts, although I've got something as an interim. I've managed to swap a spare Salisbury 4HA axle for a set of bespoke open headers. The axle recipient is a fabricator so he welded me up a set. They're ok of the right length, but mild steel  so when I need something more substantial I'll certainly come back.

I actually have two Y32SE's and two gearboxes (like buses ! wait ages then two sets arrive) Is there any benefit in fitting my in situ engine with the G cams from the spare engine so it has 4 ? or is it just urban myth regarding performance increase ?

And I approached TTV however those billet flywheels are made to order, I was quoted 360 plus vat and 4 week lead time. Its a bit too strong at the mo (Ive already spent too much) and I've still got clutch and prop to get so...

I have a C20xe early flywheel. I'm going to mock it up on the spare engine / gearbox and see how that goes.

A good scimitar colleague who is also an engineer (and knows what he is doing - unlike me  ;D) has dropped an x30xe in his scimitar. He believes he has the proverbial R30 so I'll insist on pictures and if I get them share them on here

scimmy_man

• yorkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting a Y32SE to a 1972 scimitar GTE.
« Reply #16 on: 14 June 2019, 22:58:28 »

evening Mikey :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.