Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Crash - In the wars  (Read 13320 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Car Crash - In the wars
« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2016, 20:06:36 »

James, you may not be looking for sympathy, but you are getting it!
I showed SWMBO your post and she asked me to add her well-wishes to mine. As you know, she only met you just the once, but has a high regard for you and always refers to you as "that nice man"; I couldn't have put it better myself!

Ron.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2016, 20:10:30 »

Be nice to the nurses
Do they still dress like in the Carry On films?  If so, I might have to drive into a wall...

If they did and knowing my luck, i'd probably end up getting a bed bath by a couple of Hattie Jacques lookalikes with brillo pads  ::) ;D ;D

Oooh matron  :D

Oh yeh, apologies James if that lot made you laugh and it hurt
You know were all a bit mad on here  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2016, 20:12:15 »

Be nice to the nurses
Do they still dress like in the Carry On films?  If so, I might have to drive into a wall...

If they did and knowing my luck, i'd probably end up getting a bed bath by a couple of Hattie Jacques lookalikes with brillo pads  ::) ;D ;D

Oh yeh, James hope that lot made you laugh.
You know were all a bit mad on here  :y
Fixed :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 May 2016, 20:15:41 »

So sorry to hear what has happened. Keep your chin up and wishing you a full recovery.

We do take our good health for granted and it is tough when we lose it and then have to fight the good fight to get back to full strength. Keep positive, take each step at a time on your road to full recovery. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 May 2016, 20:21:16 »

Shocking news James, really sorry to hear this. Having spent 3 months in a hospital bed due to a r.t.c. (many years ago) I can only advise that you need to switch your mind into a different mode. All the things that were important before Sunday, actually aren't really important at all.
The only thing that's important now is to try to relax into a prolonged period of bedrest, find whatever suits you best to occupy your time, accept that's how things will be for a while, and allow yourself to be selfish and concentrate on your physical and emotional wellbeing.
It takes time to get over the trauma, theres no way round that. I used to lie awake at night for at least a couple of years trying to remember the actual impact. It seemed desperately important at the time, but of course as time goes on  the minor details become pretty unimportant altogether. You realise just how fortunate you have actually been to survive and carry on with life, when so many others don't.
Hope your recover is a complete and speedy one.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2016, 20:30:47 »

So sorry to read of your accident don't know you but believe me the thought of having a serious accident is something we all dread, just hope that your recovery will be as swift as possible, but thank god that you have survived which in itself seems like a miracle from your post.

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 18 May 2016, 20:43:31 »

Been reading through this trying to think of a pearl of wisdom to drop, or some words of succour. There are none. Unfortunately things like this happen and, as has been said, your big job now is to get better and look after yourself. I would imagine the first week or so will be painful and worrying and, after that, painful and boring. Stay strong, lad, your strength of character has never been doubted by me.

Ulap31

• welwyn garden city
    • 3.2 elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 May 2016, 20:50:26 »

To James sorry to hear what has happened as with everyone else wish you a speedy recovery and fingers crossed your back on your feet soon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 May 2016, 21:00:27 »

Last time I was taken to A&E in the back of an ice cream van, I recall the paramedic girlie being a hottie, and the young thing that was tidying me up in A&E being a fine little fille.

However, once fixed up, and after checking records, they insisted that I needed a tetanus in the 'arris. Given my phobias, and not being particularly keen on a prick up the arse, and knowing from previous experiences with such things that when it comes to minimising the torture, you want "experienced"...   ...I was so glad when stood "vulnerable" and bent over, that it was a big old bird, very matronesque like wielding the enormous syringe...

Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 May 2016, 21:19:38 »

Keep your chin up James and get well soon ......  :y

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #25 on: 18 May 2016, 21:28:43 »

Thoughts are with you James, get well soon!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 May 2016, 21:34:43 »

James,

Really sorry to hear your crappy turn of events... But, you're alive and will recover. Because of your circumstances (both how it happened and the fact that it happened as an RTI) mean your care will have been constantly targeted at minimising further damage. A friend of mine was taken off of his bike in London by a van driver and suffered similar types of injuries several years back and is now in better shape than me ;)

Hard as it sounds, you need to switch off and just do as you're told. It is amazing what can now be done with the advance of modern medicine. One tip I'll give is that if you have the morphine on demand button then use it! The flashbacks and nightmares will fade, eventually. Ask for a counsellor to visit you.

Most of all, rest and try not to worry... You will recover from this and be fit again. It's not going to be a walk in the park but with your determination and the exceptional care you have had/will get you can overcome this :y

All the best from all of us here
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 May 2016, 21:40:51 »

So sorry to hear about this, James. :o

All the best for a complete recovery, granted that it's going to take time.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 May 2016, 21:44:57 »

James so sorry to hear this,hope you have a quick recovery ,your a great bloke and brilliant mechanic on my Omega  all the best Paul
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 May 2016, 22:15:17 »

Hi James,sorry to hear this all the best from me and the wife.Dean.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.